Photo

The Further Adventures LP - Where's Rappcats?

Quasimoto Madlib

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SchizoidFeller

SchizoidFeller

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Rookie here, recently got into Madlib's music, Quasimoto being my favorite alias of him so far. I loved the Further Adventures and decided to buy the LP along with the instrumentals on the ST store. Once I got it in the mail, I noticed that one track in particular, Rappcats pt. 3 was missing from both versions. It wasn't mentioned in the track listing in the sleeve and it wasn't in side D. I only heard the album digitally about a few months ago, so i'm not aware as to why they cut the track from the vinyl version. I know it must've been in the LP at some point, as I found a picture of the back of the sleeve in the (weirdly sped up) YT video for Closer in the official ST youtube channel. Check it out:

On the 1:04 minute mark, you can see the picture. "Rappcats, pt. 3" is track D1.

Was it copyright issues with the sampled content that forced ST to cut the track, or something else entirely? I mean, there's a lot of shout outs on the song, so that could explain it, I guess. I'm really curious, though. And I can't find any information online. Which is a shame, because Rappcats was probably my favorite track from the entire album. I was thinking the official ST message board was the right place to ask.

Thanks.

(Edit: Apparently Rappcats, pt. 3 has been featured on 2 different Quasimoto EPs and several compilation albums... which confuses me even more.)

#2 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:14 AM

There's a 12" single you can cop that has the instrumental on it and like Bus Ride and Greenery on it too. I always assumed it was never pressed on the vinyl release just the CD but that pic you posted has me thinking it was pulled from represses due to a sample clearance; then again I'm not 100% positive on that. There's another song 'Civilization Day' that's not on the LP version but is on the CD.

#3 4444

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Huh, never noticed this!

Looks like Rappcats Pt. 3 is listed on the European PIAS version, but sure enough it's missing from the Stones Throw pressing.

Neither have Civilization Day, like Sunny mentioned. (one of my faves!)

#4 SchizoidFeller

SchizoidFeller

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Civilzation Day too? Wow, didn't notice that until now. Now I feel even worse. Hell, i'll buy a copy of that Bus Ride EP off of someone in Discogs just to get Rappcats in its full analog beauty. After hearing the Further Adventures on my turntable it's a little hard to take out the CD to listen to a few tracks that it is missing.

#5 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Yeah was super bummed how Civilization Day wasn't on there, def one of favorite tracks on that record.
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#6 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

You guys know errthing

Ay where did Leonard parts one to five go?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Quasimoto, Madlib

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users