dilla donuts jaydee dilladawg

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

love the book read it all in one day, on another note those instrumentals for the Yancey boys Sunset Blvd album are something serious, i havent even listened to the vocal album yet but those instrumentals made my year (i just got it yesterday). Dilla is KING no doubt!!!! Get the album if you dont have it the instrumentals alone are a classic!!!!

#32 GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Finally got around to reading this one, grabbed it on my Kindle and read it in one sitting. Not only lots of cool stuff about Donuts, but it covers a lot of his life/early work too which was all very interesting. lol @ my first comment in this thread too, actually sounds like Egon was trying to get a Jaylib 2 together over Donuts, def agree with Wolf/etc who were saying that was totally not going to happen. Reading how detailed Dilla's health was getting near the end of his life was very sad, especially the bit about the Donuts release party :( 

Looking at Donuts through the kubler-ross model was interesting as well https://en.wikipedia...bler-Ross_model

Def a good read for everyone interested in this stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dilla, donuts, jaydee, dilladawg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users