4 replies to this topic

#1 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

I want to cop a DJ setup so I can put a mix on my projects and beat tapes. Right now I'm trying to figure out whether I should get a DJ controller like a Mixtrack Pro for now or should I go ahead and get some DD turntables. I really want to get some technics but money is tight right now and along with the turntables I will probably have to get a digital vinyl system to mix my projects.

So my questions is would it be a waste time to go ahead and cop the Mixtrack Pro or would I be better off just saving up for the turntables and the DVS?

My main concern is if I get the mixtrack I will have to relearn a bunch stuff and break bunch of habits once I get the turntables.

#2 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:49 AM

get a kontrol s2 and technics 1200 are overated. how muc money do you wanna spend ?

#3 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

The most I'm willing to spend on a controller is about $300.

#4 bza wan kenobi

bza wan kenobi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:beats&budz

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

if you're only looking to spend 300 then the mixtrack is probably the way to go, it will at least get you headed in the right direction. currently i just use a numark tt1625 and dm 950 that i bought used for $175 with a rane sl1 that i found on amazon used for $300, and my laptop as the other deck. i like the feel of a turntable and vinyl much better than a controller for scratching but the feel of the mixer on each is essentially the same, and a more important aspect to get down first. you can find a torrent for traktor somewhere pretty easy and then boom, you're off.

#5 MattCoops

MattCoops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mattcoopshiphop

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

If you dont want to spend the dough on Technics, there is an Audio Technica that is modeled to look and feel like them and has good reviews as far as performance. Get turntable and a mixer. As the feel is so much better. And then welcome to the world of collecting music and becoming a vinyl junkie.
MP3s and software is convenient and all, but there is something wholesome to having a physical collection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users