• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

It's suspect .

their algorithm scans the samples

puts it in a database

however you manipulate the sample it's in the database

now that sample can be identified no matter what a producer does to it.

reversed

inverted

chopped up

filtered

its in the database.

SUSPECT

#32 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

For anybody who didn't quite get it yet:

Producer/remixer uploads entire track as a 2track, not stems, into Legit Mix

Producer/remixer names all samples used

Legit Mix customers/purchasers can listen to track/composition as the producer/remixer intended including sampled content, online

If a customer/purchaser wishes to buy a track/composition, Legit Mix software removes the sampled content and provides downloadable version of producer/remixer's track without the sampled content

Legit Mix software scans customer/purchaser's computer for the source tracks containing the sampled content

If customer/purchaser does not own the required source tracks, they are linked to the opportunity to buy them

Legit Mix software then 'rebuilds' the producer/remixers track/composition including the sampled content which is legitimately owned by the customer/purchaser - meaning, according to Legit Mix that there is no copyright infringement.

They claim that it does not matter what the producer/remixer did to the samples in their DAW/sampler, because the Legit Mix software uses a 'binary algorithm' which can recreate it.

I have pointed out the obvious flaws with all this earlier in the thread

It smells of rat an' fish
  • reed401 likes this

#33 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

I think these guys had an idea, they an idea they came up with and were so blown away by it, but never had anyone do a reality check. They probably invested a lot of cash into what they thought was going to revolutionist he industry.

Basically, they did not think it through.
Dumb Asses. I can see them now. "Oh boy this is going to be great!" Sitting in moms basement.
  • Tastik BEATS and reed401 like this

#34 reed401

reed401

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/reed401hiphop

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

For anybody who didn't quite get it yet:

Producer/remixer uploads entire track as a 2track, not stems, into Legit Mix

Producer/remixer names all samples used

Legit Mix customers/purchasers can listen to track/composition as the producer/remixer intended including sampled content, online

If a customer/purchaser wishes to buy a track/composition, Legit Mix software removes the sampled content and provides downloadable version of producer/remixer's track without the sampled content

Legit Mix software scans customer/purchaser's computer for the source tracks containing the sampled content

If customer/purchaser does not own the required source tracks, they are linked to the opportunity to buy them

Legit Mix software then 'rebuilds' the producer/remixers track/composition including the sampled content which is legitimately owned by the customer/purchaser - meaning, according to Legit Mix that there is no copyright infringement.

They claim that it does not matter what the producer/remixer did to the samples in their DAW/sampler, because the Legit Mix software uses a 'binary algorithm' which can recreate it.

I have pointed out the obvious flaws with all this earlier in the thread

It smells of rat an' fish

This sums it up^

However I also got out of it, that they are trying to play along supposed copyright laws stating its okay to remix any music for personal use and not redistribution. Which is where its really making me laugh, because it just would not work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sampling, legalities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users