5 replies to this topic

#1 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

I know there are very few companies which produce vinyl records. The reason albums are released on CD/download, and there being a couple months wait for the vinyl edition, is that the album has to wait its turn to be pressed.

With this in mind I fully expect this not to exist but maybe someone is more informed than myself in this topic...Is there a service which you can provide files of music to so that it can be produced in vinyl form? I have a bunch of tracks which were only ever released as mp3 files, that I wish to be included in my vinyl collection.

#2 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

Pressing/duplication houses will do one off/limited runs but they would probably sound like dogshit if the source files were mp3. When comressing to mp3 frequency information is lost, if they had to convert the mp3 back to a non compressed format like wav in order to press your stuff, there would be a further degredation in sound quality. Some peeps don't think the degredation in sound quality is significant, usually that's because they have damaged their ears at nightclubs and gigs, and/or their listening equipment/listening environment is such that they have not experienced high fidelity playback.

You could do a trial piece and see how you like it maybe.

#3 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Where would I find one of these pressing / duplication places? I'm in uk but perhaps that doesn't matter. Any sites or search strings I should be using?

#4 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Back of SoS magazine or Googles 'vinyl pressing' 'media duplication limited runs' 'media conversion' . Talk to them, obviously they would like to take some money off you, but they should give you good advice about what you want to do.

#5 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

send me the files i make you some vinyl. first paypal me 100 bucks

#6 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

http://www.customrecords.com/

?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users