• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#241 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

or maybe we'll just start getting like overly complicated glassware -- like a quintuple-chambered, multi-percolated limited collector's edition atomizer shaped like Shrek's head or something.

or what about cannabis-infused restaurants?

or weed vending machines like they have in Canada?

the future is bright.

#242 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

i can literally just dab out of a $4 glass straw and get high as fuck haha, how is the future so fucking cool?!?!?!

2l9oas5.jpg
2015 weed just caught up to 80s crack...damn someone get the chore boy

Haha, yeah fucking dabs man. They've been popping in Oregon since Washington got legalized, that's why we didn't care the first time it came on the ballot, too high to vote. I stick to weed though, don't even vape. Not having an iPhone and smoking weed as a plant, I'm already at least 5-10 years out of date.

"All around me are familar faces...worn out places..."

edit: overly complicated glassware is what San Francisco has been making its bones on since the 90s...goddamn hippies

• James Frank. likes this

#243 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

I never understood why people prefer bongs/pipes/etc over blunts/joints.... Could some glass lovers elaborate please?

I can't speak for dabs since I never tried it and I sure as hell would love to, but I always preferred to roll a joint/blunt and take some time smoking it. Sometimes I feel that I've grown more addicted to the whole process of rolling and preparing a joint, rather than just getting high. It's almost like a ritual or something for me.

• Machiventa likes this

#244 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Art, Advertising, Graphic Design, Photography....
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/delicuts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

I never understood why people prefer bongs/pipes/etc over blunts/joints.... Could some glass lovers elaborate please?

I can't speak for dabs since I never tried it and I sure as hell would love to, but I always preferred to roll a joint/blunt and take some time smoking it. Sometimes I feel that I've grown more addicted to the whole process of rolling and preparing a joint, rather than just getting high. It's almost like a ritual or something for me.

I'll say this again.. I've stopped smoking, but when I did smoke I too preferred a blunt over a joint... first off, a joint may be more pure, but the shit canoes way too much and the wind always eats it up.

Dabs are cool, you do get really high, but the problem with this is that sometimes you get too damn high and smoking pure THC kills your tolerance...I know so many people who can't smoke a blunt anymore because its just not doing what dabs can do.. which is cool, but after a certain point dabs aren't going to do much for you either and will just have you on the same level as a blunt used to get you.

Right now, I probably take one or two hits every now and then...just to chill out... this is probably like 1 to 3 times a year and i'm telling you my tolerance is so low right now that all I need is one hit and i'm good to go...if I smoke a whole blunt right now..i'm going to sleep.

but to sum this shit up, blunts are best.. you get higher than a joint imo and it doesn't fuck with your tolerance that much...If I ever was to smoke again it def wouldn't be a habit..i'd smoke a few times a month and call it a day... probably just to analyze my music and see what that sounds like... but besides that.. i'm good.

Enjoy.

#245 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

I smoke every day, but it's usually before I go to sleep, just to relax after a long day.

When I'm not in college (when I'm my hometown) and I have free time on my hands I tend to go out with my friends and abuse that shit all day though (I live in a small town where the majority of the people smokes, from elementary school kids to old ass people, it's really widespread around here) haha. One spliff a day keeps the evil away though, and that's all I need. But yeah I also prefer blunts over joints, but the problem is that sometimes the weed you get here just isn't worth to be put in a blunt....When I get some high grade shit I'll throw it in a blunt though, because you can fully experience its taste and effect. LUCKILY THOUGH I've been getting my hands on nothing but some skunk lately, and a variety of hashish.

#246 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

I'm done with the HASH.. I smoked that shit one time.. not the first time, but one time and the shit gave me the most traumatizing experience.

#247 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

How come?

I love good hashish, it's the perfect thing to bring you down.

#248 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

Idk, the shit was just too crazy....

#249 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

did you start feeling wiener demons pecking at your soul?

• Grifty-Rodriguez likes this

#250 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

^lol
I used to blaze as much as possible at night. We used to scrape resin from our pipes to smoke if we didn't have the scrill for a sac. Never been a day time stoner though my eyes go BLOOD red when I've been smoking. Anyway, I had to quit for a year or more after a certain..... bad shroom trip fucked my mindset up permanently. After that blazing would always send me into a panic with my heart pounding and racing and shit. Sooo that was a long time ago now. When I blaze now it's just a couple hits off a bowl. A joint would fuk me the fuk up. When I started blazing in like 06 Shit, we were lucky to find 14% THC herb. Most of it was like 8-10. Now, I can't find anything less than 20 even if I wanted it. Man the first time my homie brought 20% bud around we all lost our minds. Weed fux me up now adays

• EdTheYounger likes this

#251 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

i'm with grifty for the most part, my intake has decreased drastically, can still smoke out with the boys on a few blunts but only if the time/setting is right, otherwise i hold off til i know i got the free time to enjoy my high, mostly after work in the evening while spinning records, a nice bowl with a few hits at a time will last me through the night, its great to have an 8th last 2+ weeks

• Grifty-Rodriguez, Goodz047 and EdTheYounger like this

#252 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

man no one going to bat for bongs

"I smoke...so much...my breath...smell like...the bot...tom of a bong"

I just don't like watching the smoke run off blunts, and joints just feel like a waste

obviously at parties you gotta roll blunts.

Also, blunts/joints are expensive. Just one time cost with the bong. Pipe's are iffy, because they always hit pretty rough, and you always get ash in your throat

#253 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Black Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

i'm with grifty for the most part, my intake has decreased drastically, can still smoke out with the boys on a few blunts but only if the time/setting is right, otherwise i hold off til i know i got the free time to enjoy my high, mostly after work in the evening while spinning records, a nice bowl with a few hits at a time will last me through the night, its great to have an 8th last 2+ weeks

Sounds like me. Smoking is pretty much a personal experience for me these days... I drink to be social and smoke socially only if someone else is lighting up and offers some around. Otherwise I'd say I probably only really smoke like 2-3 times per month and it's always alone at home when I feel like getting super creative or loosening up and unwinding. I like to get real blitzed by myself sometimes and watch/read super deep shit. I'll even save things to watch specifically for those occasions sometimes. None of my friends are in to that stuff though, they all want to watch comedy or action movies when they get high... That just seems like a waste of weed to me.

#254 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

man no one going to bat for bongs

"I smoke...so much...my breath...smell like...the bot...tom of a bong"

I just don't like watching the smoke run off blunts, and joints just feel like a waste

obviously at parties you gotta roll blunts.

Also, blunts/joints are expensive. Just one time cost with the bong. Pipe's are iffy, because they always hit pretty rough, and you always get ash in your throat

not if you just pack a little bit and plan  to smoke even less.  i used to be the same way dude.  damn, i used to smoke whatevs.  now i just drink heavily on the weekends and keep my club card up to date just in case

#255 The Jackal

The Jackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop and Film
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/the-jackals_url

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

I like to get real blitzed by myself sometimes and watch/read super deep shit. I'll even save things to watch specifically for those occasions sometimes. None of my friends are in to that stuff though, they all want to watch comedy or action movies when they get high... That just seems like a waste of weed to me.

I feel you on this. Back when I used to smoke with my friends, this was always the case. So I preferred smoking alone. Which probably made me seem like  a dick who was never willing to share his weed lol.

I used to be a pretty heavy smoker. Then one day out of the blue I had a pretty terrible panic attack. My fingers and toes got ice cold randomly. My wife, who was sober at the time, felt my fingers and confirmed that they were very cold and that it indeed wasn't just pot paranoia. The next day I started to get a fever and a really shitty cough so I quit. 

It sucks, because I miss getting high and doing creative shit.  I've been wanting to smoke again a lot lately, but It's not worth buying weed and smoking it just to have another experience like that again.

Anyone else ever feel like they were going to just straight up die after smoking some ganja?

#256 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

Anyone else ever feel like they were going to just straight up die after smoking some ganja?

Didn't feel like I was gonna die, just didn't feel like myself.. for a few months to a year even after I stopped... changed my life completely after that moment.. I felt like niggas was doing voo doo on me....like it makes no sense how I felt and would never wish it on any body dead or alive.. it was really not something I enjoyed.

That's why I never smoke anymore.... It was good for a few years, but some people just be fucking with the weed these days trying to make it stronger.. using chemicals to grow it faster all that shit.... it's really not worth it to me.

that's why if I smoke now a days.. it's one hit and i'm done for the next few months... it usually just reminds me of the reason I stopped.. and how it doesn't really do too much for me.

#257 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

I feel you on this. Back when I used to smoke with my friends, this was always the case. So I preferred smoking alone. Which probably made me seem like  a dick who was never willing to share his weed lol.

I used to be a pretty heavy smoker. Then one day out of the blue I had a pretty terrible panic attack. My fingers and toes got ice cold randomly. My wife, who was sober at the time, felt my fingers and confirmed that they were very cold and that it indeed wasn't just pot paranoia. The next day I started to get a fever and a really shitty cough so I quit. 

It sucks, because I miss getting high and doing creative shit.  I've been wanting to smoke again a lot lately, but It's not worth buying weed and smoking it just to have another experience like that again.

hmmm nah that sounds weird man... I mean I've heard of friends having panic attacks and shit but nothing quite that extreme for me on weed alone. I had a pretty bad shroom trip once but I wasn't to familiar with drugs at that point in my life. I also had some synthetic weed once my friend was smoking, that was a bad move... not so much the moment but more the carry over effect, I just didn't feel right afterwards for a solid week or two, put me in a weird metal frame... Put me off smoking full stop for a while, actually.

I kind of quit intermittently at times and then just get a really small amount that will last me a few weeks (smoking one or two nights a week) but usually it's like 2 months off 1 month on for me. I have 0 addictive tendencies towards weed and I kind of like to use it as a reminder that there are deeper places in my brain and consciousness that i'm not taking advantage of, then once I've spent enough time there I like to see if I can get back into those states without the weed... Occasionally I do, mostly I don't haha. But yeah kind of a reset button for me of sorts.

I used to be bad with drugs, like freak out and shit. But after that bad mushroom trip I did a lot of research (inward and outward) and found out if I go in to the experience (any experience actually) knowing i'm fully in control at all times and that I can choose to accept or reject emotions and actions I'm fine. On some zen type shit It's kind of like a river or a stream of thoughts and feelings. None of them are actually you, they're kind of just fighting for your attention. You can either sit and watch them go by, grab them and get carried along with them or try to fight even having thought them in the first place which would be swimming against the stream. I've come to realise there is no such thing as "bad" or "wrong" thoughts because a thought doesn't actually exist. It only exists if you give it credibility and some form of action.

Now sometimes in life in general when I feel some shit arising, whether it's anger or anxiety or jealously etc I'll actually just sit with the thought or feeling for a minute, then usually I laugh at myself for even having entertained the emotion or feeling in the first instance. Shit may be getting wayyy to deep here but hey, whatever the fuck ever. Basically emotions and feelings lose all credibility when you stop associating action words with them like 'this is anger' or 'this is stress'... nah cuz, it just is what it is...     

• The Jackal and felixherandez like this

#258 The Jackal

The Jackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop and Film
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/the-jackals_url

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

I'm really diggin that philosophy Ed. I'm always interested in your insights man. Seriously on some Siddhartha shit there. 

• EdTheYounger likes this

#259 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

Cheers man. I'm happy to keep rambling if someone finds some use for the words haha.

Siddhartha's my hommie.

#260 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,220 posts

Posted Today, 07:43 PM

image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users