• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#121 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Art, Advertising, Graphic Design, Photography....
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/leftfoot1st

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

lol, I guess.

#122 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

Weed more potent today ? I find it to be more rushed for selling and tasting of weird chemicals, it used to taste amazing, now tastes metallic, doesn't last as long, and the mood in the morning is not from weed. I think it's actually weaker, I'll say it again as well. you will get anxious, and paranoid, and have issues with it, if there are things going on in your life, that are not exactly positive. Then there is a true weed head who will continue to smoke throughout the problem and deal with it, just to see if they can, Weed is the positive little voice balancing things out, but it does depend heavily on your basic blueprint and outlook on life. You gonna grow weed it's got to be done right, it needs to be cured right, needs to be smoked right, got to learn the science and not rush for profit.

Mangoes, I really hope you meant to write, "I'm at the pint though" pure genius !

• mangoes cash likes this

#123 iamsodaft

iamsodaft

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cientistamusic

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

I see where you are coming from ODK. Again, it might just be my tolerance changing as I get older, I do not really know. I just remember I used to be able to take rip after rip after rip and be straight. But now, if I smoke like I used to, I get mad paranoid and anxious. I felt like I had to call it quits any way just in case any jobs I apply for require testing. None of my jobs in the past have, but I am just playing it safe.

#124 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Weed more potent today ? I find it to be more rushed for selling and tasting of weird chemicals, it used to taste amazing, now tastes metallic, doesn't last as long, and the mood in the morning is not from weed. I think it's actually weaker, I'll say it again as well. you will get anxious, and paranoid, and have issues with it, if there are things going on in your life, that are not exactly positive. Then there is a true weed head who will continue to smoke throughout the problem and deal with it, just to see if they can, Weed is the positive little voice balancing things out, but it does depend heavily on your basic blueprint and outlook on life. You gonna grow weed it's got to be done right, it needs to be cured right, needs to be smoked right, got to learn the science and not rush for profit.

Mangoes, I really hope you meant to write, "I'm at the pint though" pure genius !

Yah man,
If I am bummed for whatever reason, I am not that type of dude who will spark up. It only amplifies the misery. I use it for basic life tho. Days that I don't smoke are so much less funky.

And no, I think I meant "point".

#125 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

I see where you are coming from ODK. Again, it might just be my tolerance changing as I get older, I do not really know. I just remember I used to be able to take rip after rip after rip and be straight. But now, if I smoke like I used to, I get mad paranoid and anxious. I felt like I had to call it quits any way just in case any jobs I apply for require testing. None of my jobs in the past have, but I am just playing it safe.

It could also be as you get older there are more responsibilities in your life, it's a very different smoking attitude to when your younger, how I use it now is so different to 15 years ago, I work with pretty difficult kids, some shifts can be really full on, you leave all tense and sometimes like the whole system is failing them, so you amble home with all these thoughts in your head, a lot of frustration etc, you get home, sling some beats on, then start the infamous zoot ritual, before long your heart is ticking nicely at about 70 bpm, and your thoughts have changed viewpoint, a wider scope is added, looking with 5 different perspectives at the same time, and an increase of empathy, it can go from Bob was such a little shit tonight sick of people getting hurt, which can then become, poor little bugger has to spend the whole of term time in a big house, being told what to do, with no self belief due to the box he has been placed in. I don't blame him for getting worked up and lashing out, he just wants to see his family, but knows they can't cope with him. Then the next zoot is problem solving, what can we do for this kid. you can transfer this whole thought map to anything in life, also helps you realize, maybe these aren't thoughts but how you feel at that present moment. We are all changing at the moment anyway, another 5 years, no one will probably be able to eat meat, we'll be so aware of how we feel and what intaking certain things do to us, the last thing we will want is flash backs of the memory of a cow being slaughtered and how it felt as we're eating a medium to rare steak.

#126 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Yah man,
If I am bummed for whatever reason, I am not that type of dude who will spark up. It only amplifies the misery. I use it for basic life tho. Days that I don't smoke are so much less funky.

And no, I think I meant "point".

Daym !! thought that was genius oh well !! still is,

that reads really badly, I was being cynical about true weed heads, the image I get, are tense people that constantly need to toke to get through stuff, they don't deal with stuff then smoke.

#127 iamsodaft

iamsodaft

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cientistamusic

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

It could also be as you get older there are more responsibilities in your life, it's a very different smoking attitude to when your younger, how I use it now is so different to 15 years ago, I work with pretty difficult kids, some shifts can be really full on, you leave all tense and sometimes like the whole system is failing them, so you amble home with all these thoughts in your head, a lot of frustration etc, you get home, sling some beats on, then start the infamous zoot ritual, before long your heart is ticking nicely at about 70 bpm, and your thoughts have changed viewpoint, a wider scope is added, looking with 5 different perspectives at the same time, and an increase of empathy, it can go from Bob was such a little shit tonight sick of people getting hurt, which can then become, poor little bugger has to spend the whole of term time in a big house, being told what to do, with no self belief due to the box he has been placed in. I don't blame him for getting worked up and lashing out, he just wants to see his family, but knows they can't cope with him. Then the next zoot is problem solving, what can we do for this kid. you can transfer this whole thought map to anything in life, also helps you realize, maybe these aren't thoughts but how you feel at that present moment. We are all changing at the moment anyway, another 5 years, no one will probably be able to eat meat, we'll be so aware of how we feel and what intaking certain things do to us, the last thing we will want is flash backs of the memory of a cow being slaughtered and how it felt as we're eating a medium to rare steak.

Damn, I really like what you said. It probably does not help that I am pretty stressed out right now and in a weird, transition phase in my life. Just graduated from college, now I have to adjust to post-grad life and try and get a career going. Probably too many thoughts, doubts, worries, etc. going through my head and the ganja is just amplifying it.

#128 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

#129 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

I don't feel right without a drop of thc. I am at the pint tho where I would love a pill, with a prescribed dose. That would make my day. Instead of taking a puff, just swallow a pill. Anyhow, weed is great, y'all nuts for quitting.

I know, I was thinking why everybody having a gettin clean/staying clean testimonial going in the marijuana thread. Never had any negative marijuana experiences except the time I ate 9 whole weed brownies without knowing they were weed brownies.

#130 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

You must've went to sleep right away lol

#131 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

Not a brownie to be reckoned with right here.  half of this thing killed me and a bunch of hard-er core stoners than i.  super quiet room and shit.  everyone just kinda wondering when it was gonna end.  we were straight trippin

b52_1__1.jpg

#132 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Eatables last forevvvvverrrrr.

#133 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

lololol, reminded me of the time I hit up Cali and met up with my homegirl... gave her a brownie and she ended up falling asleep everywhere we went...had to call her bf to pick her up cause she almost fell asleep on her pizza

#134 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

Cool story.

#135 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Thank You.

#136 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

You are haha like, welcome lolol.

#137 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

funny-gifs14.gif

#138 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

^ this guy gets it.

#139 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

No Moses.

#140 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Damn, I really like what you said. It probably does not help that I am pretty stressed out right now and in a weird, transition phase in my life. Just graduated from college, now I have to adjust to post-grad life and try and get a career going. Probably too many thoughts, doubts, worries, etc. going through my head and the ganja is just amplifying it.

Yeah that'll do it, I used to get future stress big time, until I worked out, writing your goals down so you can see it in front of you, really helps, it's out of your head, and then you can see where your at, then cross them off, and stay in the moment, the now, future and pass concerns just give you a headache. One step at a time, then a little zoot at the end of the day, and all is good.

#141 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

don't know if anyone here uses a vaporizer but i've been leaning on mine pretty hard since i gave up smoking 2 months ago. I use a vaponic, cheap & cheerful, but perfectly fine once you get the hang of it. Only downside is the amount of butane the jet lighter uses but anyway, that's not why I'm writing this...

Basically the other night I had a revelation. I found this webpage: http://beyondchronic...lete-guide-avb/

and discovered Already Vaped Bud. I'd been chucking away all my vaped bud (kinda smells like cabbage once it's been used and I figured it was no use for anything except compost) and now this old hippie dude says it still has loads of CBD and some THC. bullshit, i thought, but I wanted some cheese on toast anyway so fuck it, I sprinkled half a teaspoon under the cheeese on the buttered bread and shoved it under the grill til the cheese melted. It tasted pretty good and to my happy surprise within half an hour i was totally fucked up. Really very high, nice physical relaxation, giggling etc. Shit lasted all evening and was really nice, and the best thing - none of the edginess that i get from my usual edible recipes. Couldn't fucking believe it.

Anyway I'm blown away, getting high twice on the same weed. I never thought it possible.

Only problem is I'm using the vaporizer even more now, just to have enough avb for my cheese on toast fix.

#142 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

LoL
Good story dude.

#143 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

wait, you're literally eating it raw?  i've heard of using it to like make cannabutter and stuff...but eating it seems like it wouldn't work.  very dry...it seems like it would be similar to just eating tobacco directly from an unlit cigarette.

#144 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Maybe. It, maybe the matter is broken down to such a level, like it has been cooked.

#145 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

wait, you're literally eating it raw?  i've heard of using it to like make cannabutter and stuff...but eating it seems like it wouldn't work.  very dry...it seems like it would be similar to just eating tobacco directly from an unlit cigarette.

it's not raw, it's been vaped and has a crispy dry texture, crumbles really easy. I don't fully understand the science, but i think that the heat of the vaporizer activates the cannabinoids (decarboxylates), but doesn't vaporize all of them, so what's left over is easy to absorb. Also having it with cheese & butter allows it to mix with the fats so your body absorbs it easier. Personally i wouldn't just eat it on it's own - way too dry and it doesn't smell too good either. Even on the cheese & toast i sprinkled a few herbs de provence to make sure it tasted good.

or you can use pizza if you got it:

http://beyondchronic...-avb-pot-pizza/

Don't try eating cigarette tobacco though, a packet has enough nicotine to kill you and if that isn't reason enough, just check out the list of shitty poisons they add to it. http://en.wikipedia....s_in_cigarettes

#146 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

The New York Times is doing a pretty ballsy editorial series calling for the legalization of marijuana. Thought some of you guys might be interested if you haven't checked it out. They've done a few sections covering the idea from various angles: States Rights, Criminal Justice, History, Health, and are set to put out Track Records (I assume talking about the failure of the war on drugs) and Regulation (probably dealing with their researched suggestions for implementation). It's most likely nothing you, as a hopefully informed and educated pot smoker, don't already know, but to see the NYT putting it all out there is really nice.

Repeal Prohibition, Again

Oh, and the white house already issued a boilerplate response, halfway through the series, citing a bunch of health claims that the NYT then proceeded to shit on in the "health" section. 

• Jimmyfunkvalve likes this

#147 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

don't know if anyone here uses a vaporizer but i've been leaning on mine pretty hard since i gave up smoking 2 months ago. I use a vaponic, cheap & cheerful, but perfectly fine once you get the hang of it. Only downside is the amount of butane the jet lighter uses but anyway, that's not why I'm writing this...

Basically the other night I had a revelation. I found this webpage: http://beyondchronic...lete-guide-avb/

and discovered Already Vaped Bud. I'd been chucking away all my vaped bud (kinda smells like cabbage once it's been used and I figured it was no use for anything except compost) and now this old hippie dude says it still has loads of CBD and some THC. bullshit, i thought, but I wanted some cheese on toast anyway so fuck it, I sprinkled half a teaspoon under the cheeese on the buttered bread and shoved it under the grill til the cheese melted. It tasted pretty good and to my happy surprise within half an hour i was totally fucked up. Really very high, nice physical relaxation, giggling etc. Shit lasted all evening and was really nice, and the best thing - none of the edginess that i get from my usual edible recipes. Couldn't fucking believe it.

Anyway I'm blown away, getting high twice on the same weed. I never thought it possible.

Only problem is I'm using the vaporizer even more now, just to have enough avb for my cheese on toast fix.

BUddy got a volcano, it's crazy awesome.  Don't ever want to smoke again, vape and edibles are the way for me.  Very clean and super effective

#148 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Oh yeah, the volcano is a very nice bit of kit indeed great for group sessions, but a bit restrictive - ie not very portable. I just got myself a mflb which seems to work very well and is absolutely fucking miniscule! Vaping is definitely the way forward, the taste is amazing, its' a different high from a tobacco joint which is what I've been smoking these last 25 years, less heavy, more active, cleaner buzz. Only problem I have is that after a couple of beers I start fiending for tobacco again but so far I've only succumbed twice in 5 months.

#149 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

The New York Times is doing a pretty ballsy editorial series calling for the legalization of marijuana. Thought some of you guys might be interested if you haven't checked it out. They've done a few sections covering the idea from various angles: States Rights, Criminal Justice, History, Health, and are set to put out Track Records (I assume talking about the failure of the war on drugs) and Regulation (probably dealing with their researched suggestions for implementation). It's most likely nothing you, as a hopefully informed and educated pot smoker, don't already know, but to see the NYT putting it all out there is really nice.

Repeal Prohibition, Again

Oh, and the white house already issued a boilerplate response, halfway through the series, citing a bunch of health claims that the NYT then proceeded to shit on in the "health" section. 

Interesting and encouraging article - I think it's great that huge steps are being taken in the US, despite enormous pressure from Right-wingers and the DEA (who are petrified of losing funding and will say almost anything to keep it illegal). Here in Spain, the government wants to take things the other way and is trying to increase penalties for possession and cultivation. Hopefully the easing of prohibition in the US will make other countries re-think things.

if you're in the US, check out these guys, join up, maybe even make a donation. They know what's up:

http://norml.org/

#150 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,141 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

BUddy got a volcano, it's crazy awesome.  Don't ever want to smoke again, vape and edibles are the way for me.  Very clean and super effective

I've never been a fan of the volcano or vaporizers in general. Have you tried dabs? 99% THC. Shit is the next level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users