182 replies to this topic

#61 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

No man, I blazed it crazy in my youth. And carried it into my adulthood. I came to find a lot of issues with smoking through my time. I am slowly trying to find a balance. It is like my writing is a lot more orderly-or I spend a lot less time censoring myself.

I am so much more capable of organizing my clothes and doing my daily duties.

But, with that, it makes everything else so much more difficult. Though, I am way more chill, I cannot make public appearances. My eyes are saggy and all I want to do is go to bed. Makes it hard to get out into the world.

I know I have to hit the washroom for a while. I think I might fall asleep there.

My problem is that my job is mostly analytical, so the weed does not do well with that. If you are a creative then, yeah, by all means. I can hear the breeze brush up against a glass. I can see color like nobody's business. So painting would be so much easier. Unfortunately, my shit doesn't sell.

Also, when I look in the mirror I see a older guy carrying older guy weight. When I am buzzed, I still believe I am 19.
Anyway, I think weed creates as many problems as it heals.

NO pain, but, gastro problems.
Not a care in the world, but hazy thinking and loopy listless thinking.

I am not going to be a well-suited, well-heeled male and half-baked. Just messes with your mind in a Jeckyll and Hyde sort of way.

I am just curious as to how it will be applied with those that suffer from mental issues, really. I figure the paranoia will soon set in.
Further, how do you stopped the scatter-brained attitude? This stuff makes people psychologically out there...

#62 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

For me, I tend to smoke every other day, or every few days. I have gone thru periods of all day every day, they tend to be my happiest, more productive too. I cut back for reasons of being professional. If I do smoke too much it is like being drunk. And if I am trying to get work done, it does not help. Thats why I have learnt a couple of puffs is enough.

If I ever feel to baked, and am not liking the situation, I assess. I have been baked enough and sober enough to tell myself to chill out, ride it out, there is nothing you can do.

Yah, I suppose if you are crunching numbers, being really baked is not really the best idea, depends on who you are, but again, a little goes a long way to make the day brighter, better and happier.

Crazy there is a stigma. I think the paranoia comes from the societal view of weed being bad, illegal a drug. For instance, if I am every drunk, I can shake it off and be like, who gives a fuck woo hoo. Up until recently I didn't do that with weed, there was always a touch of shame. Now tho, with this whole legalization thing, its like I know it is ok. I am baked, so what.

#63 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

yeah you raise some great points about the paranoia. You do the same with other topics.

Credit to you that you can find balance. I cannot. And when you are smoking with someone seasoned, well you are in for a tough next day.

Monitoring use is so very difficult. That is the addictive quality. That is why I hate it. I get into it and enjoy living a creative life. I could stay in it all day. That is just the way my humors have been fashioned by God.

I can't go into the work atmosphere stoned. It just doesn't work. And I am always looking for something to smoke. There used to be an old guy who would carry a cigar with him--that was always funny.

Anyway, yeah, the judgement behind use is a major issue. Once you start-you want to remain in that "life is beautiful" cocoon.

#64 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Thats why I have learnt a couple of puffs is enough.

Two to start, chill. Reaccess every hour to maintain or decline. That's how i do it normally. I'll use a single bowl but take tiny rips all day/night long. I actually need less sleep when I do it. I'm at 100 percent operating on about four hours a night when I do. As for productivity I can do anything if I focus in any mindstate, except drive, I like to protect others even if I am confident I can do something.

Once you start-you want to remain in that "life is beautiful" cocoon.

Of course you do, becasue it's better than normal life and has no known negative side effects. You have to relearn how to do everything while stoned. People think they can't do it, but they can, their mind is just altered and they have to relearn it.

I go through the phases of every few days but I had a streak of doing it every 2 hours for two years straight, I would wake up in the middle of the night to do it, and my quality of life and productivity didn't lack because I learned how to operate in a new way.

#65 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

I am still skeptical.

I mean right now I can give you a perfect essay on the beats I posted to my facebook last night. And how Dilla and DOOM have done everything perfectly, already. That all roads lead to them as far as what a beat is.

I wish I could live with the retraining the brain idea.

I become so OCD. I can do all of the color-coding and little organizing tasks that I never can. I can see the mess of my daily life. So yeah, I can trim those hairs that need to be trimmed. I need the best of both worlds but I do not want that to include either Gay Z or R. Kelly. That reminds me. I have to use the bathroom again.

#66 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

The point I am trying to make is that when, I smoke I feel myself saying, I should be doing music full time. But, when sober, I know it is not a good time. It would be nice to live in a world that it solely music, though.

#67 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

You gotta do everything stoned music is only one sliver of what is better when smoking.

On a seperate note, DOOM doesn't really make that many amazing beats. He reuses the same breaks without rechopping or not chopping differently, and uses many samples from well known records and doesn't flip them like crazy. I love DOOM's rapping but beats, only a handful am I truly impressed by. Don't get me wrong, I am not complainign about the beats when listening to his albums, but I don't want to hear his instrumentals very often, he's nowhere close to one of the all time great producers like Dilla, Madlib, DJ Shadow, RZA, Premo, Pete Rock, Large Pro, Q Tip, ETC.
  • MWBOOGIE likes this

#68 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

I understand that. I give him a pass usually. It may be that he has less skill, but I think he is all about the experience anyways. he wants you to see the neat simplicity in the beat that is sort of sing-songy and meant to be shared. The point you make is quite valid, though.

#69 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

I understand that. I give him a pass usually. It may be that he has less skill, but I think he is all about the experience anyways. he wants you to see the neat simplicity in the beat that is sort of sing-songy and meant to be shared. The point you make is quite valid, though.

I'm not knocking DOOM or your personal tastes, I was just surprised to see that "all beats lead to them", when in my personal opinion, DOOM is inferior to many but enough about him from me.

I truly fell in love with music because of smoking, but have come to realize that you can feel that way about anything if you put in the time to try to understand/experience it. The whole world becomes something new, beautiful, and exciting. For me it is an enhancer. I eat, sleep, watch film and TV, play video games, listen to/make music, go hiking, go for a walk, go to amusement parks, swim, play sports, buy groceries, have sex, and every other activity. All is better for me when smoking, I just had to experience them to realize how much I appreciated them as well.

#70 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

as far as the all roads, comment, I was thinking more about him as the MC. But it seems he is more of a guy who tailors his beats to his writtens. Like he comes off the top with a freestyle and then attaches a sing-songy, beat to him.

Some of his songs sound like something he penned as he just woke up.

#71 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

I am coming down and find it much easier to communicate and freely say what's on my mind. I am less inclined to read what I see on these forums, however. Every thought seems constructed by Hunter H. Thompson. I am guided by voices. Wow this orange juice is tasty but it is bothering my acid reflux. I strangely want to sleep even more.

Shaved my face like an artisan. I never shave, otherwise. Clipped my hair, neatly. I never do that.
Sweet Marijuana.

My aural senses are much more awakened. I jammed out to DOOM all night. Was I really alone? Why couldn't there be late twenty something latinas listening to DOOM with me. Woke up with my clothes in a pile ready to go to wash and my closet neatly arranged. But I still need sleep. Why the sleepiness? The government figured out a way: you can't have everything that you want.

Damn. Weed is good. But, weed makes one so unproductive.

sounds like Boogie's been chowing down on some liberty caps or something lol...that definitely doesn't sound like weed-jabbering.

#72 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

is this still even a thread about marijuana? what did i miss in the past few days?

#73 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Still about Marijuana. Yeah, I go on about inane things, which is why I gave it up. can't deal with the next day. Body yearns for more.

I become sensitive to sound, so if someone starts yelling, I can't take it. My stomach is in a constant state of wanting more food to eat--carbs and greasy stuff like gravy or soup.

Keep yearning the hair of the dog so that I do not feel the haziness that comes with the hangover. Eyes are slanted and I continue on OCD habits. Nose is dry...

You never see any Journal articles detailing: GI issues, and the rest of the after effects I mentioned along with memory problems associated with the drug. I am just detailing this. I am sure no one cares, but hey, its relevant as a participant observer like me would suggest!

#74 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

sounds like Boogie's been chowing down on some liberty caps or something lol...that definitely doesn't sound like weed-jabbering.

no,
That's weed.
MW is just very "poetic" for lack of a better term. I am picking a more mellow, lucid vibe in his stoned posts.

#75 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

i get high too, it doesn't make me that self-reflective though lol. but i guess each person handles it differently...

#76 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I don't know man.
MWBOOGIE is a not so run of the mill kind of guy, almost pompous I think, but his posts today had me thinking he decided to get baked and troll the boards with his magnetic posts.

Anyhow, my interpretation.

I could care less really.

#77 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

well at least these posts are a lot more pleasant than the usual, lol.

#78 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

You and MWBOOGIE need to have it out. Maybe you need to,more than him.
I remember a while back you stepped back from doing a board Battle with him. Maybe if you had scrapped it out, e style, you might not be taking cheap shots at him.

#79 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

I'm just curious when did you guys first start smoking? I was 14 when I first toked (and choked). I only smoke ganja though, I hate cigarettes. The only time I tried them was when they were laced which oil, which was definitely one of my favorite highs. So yeah, been smoking for 4 years at the moment. It never presented me any problems with school, in fact I have all straight A's with minimal effort.

#80 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

I started smoking a little over 12 years ago during my freshman year of High School when I was 14. Been smoking pretty much daily ever since.
  • BleeHLH likes this

#81 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

I started smoking a little over 12 years ago during my freshman year of High School when I was 14. Been smoking pretty much daily ever since.

Sunny... I need to convo witchu. Hit me up on the message. I tried to message you but you cant accept more messages....

#82 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

I live in Florida and one of the main reasons I quit a couple of months ago was because I only had one connect and I never knew what I was getting; if it was indica or sativa or what strain and what the high is like for a particular strain etc. Some strains effected me in a negative way and I hated forking over $60 an 1/8 for some shit I didn't know if I was going to like. I don't really be out in the street anymore to meet people. Although I love trees, I wanna know what I'm getting and how it will effect me. Hence why I moving to Denver later this year. The safety of getting it legally from a shop is a HUGE incentive as well. I'm not going strictly for the trees. I'm moving my family out there because I/we are tired of Florida. Been here since '99 and need a change. We had NYC, Seattle, Atlanta and Denver on the list and recently narrowed it down to Denver. The climate looks great, a lot to do, good schools, no humidity, moderate cost of living and oh yeah... legal trees.

#83 Tacitus

Tacitus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/peepingtomthumb

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

man i need to get to living in a place like this.

Australia will be years behind.,

#84 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

I live in Florida and one of the main reasons I quit a couple of months ago was because I only had one connect and I never knew what I was getting; if it was indica or sativa or what strain and what the high is like for a particular strain etc. Some strains effected me in a negative way and I hated forking over $60 an 1/8 for some shit I didn't know if I was going to like. I don't really be out in the street anymore to meet people. Although I love trees, I wanna know what I'm getting and how it will effect me. Hence why I moving to Denver later this year. The safety of getting it legally from a shop is a HUGE incentive as well. I'm not going strictly for the trees. I'm moving my family out there because I/we are tired of Florida. Been here since '99 and need a change. We had NYC, Seattle, Atlanta and Denver on the list and recently narrowed it down to Denver. The climate looks great, a lot to do, good schools, no humidity, moderate cost of living and oh yeah... legal trees.

we'll see ya when you get here!

#85 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

I'm just curious when did you guys first start smoking? I was 14 when I first toked (and choked). I only smoke ganja though, I hate cigarettes. The only time I tried them was when they were laced which oil, which was definitely one of my favorite highs. So yeah, been smoking for 4 years at the moment. It never presented me any problems with school, in fact I have all straight A's with minimal effort.

Yo Jubi ese, check it. I thought the dudes getting down with mary were weak back in the day and most of them flakes. It wasnt until I experienced a little bit of alienation that I began to blaze. Coinciding with this were a few choice shows by a couple of rappers and a producer from Cali that I was lucky enough to see, which will go down in infamy as time moves on. Specifically, at one of those shows, I recall the lead up where they were playing a video on the screens around by Reggie Noble who was going to be the next performer blowing up the spot. I found myself smoking with my two mates and some Tom Petty motherfucker who stuck out like a sore thumb at the show. Dude, was mad out there but sure as hell shared his shit. Anyway--I had to share this with you specifically, well because--I guess I was around your age, then: Up with hope down with dope: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZMqVXVZgA Yeah I used to keep it live on the regular. No fucking around with that weak shit. Times change and raps become worthless and motherfuckers fake that funk. New age mutherfuckers can get these mutherfucking nuts...
  • Jubito likes this

#86 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

#87 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Photos from when marijuana grew freely all over Brooklyn.
http://www.huffingto...l?utm_hp_ref=tw

#88 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Remember the glass bottle hydro from Manhattan in the mid '90s. Never have had anything better since. What happened to that strain???

#89 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

You ever have "hash weed"? It was really small and condensed bud, that broke up nice, but it smelt like hash.

#90 Crystal Joker

Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:My Ganja, Oranges, Coffee
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/head-jamz

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

SmooOOookin' WeEEeeeeEEEeeeeEDDDddd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users