EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

I've floated 3 times... First two sessions were 1 hour and the 3rd I did a 2 hour which was cray... Only issue with australia is its relatively unknown, only one place in melbourne for me to go and it's like a 1 hour drive away and super expensive. One of my goals is to have my own tank when I buy a house. A summary of my 3 sessions:

1: nothing much happened, I've heard it's like meditation or anything in life, it takes a while to adjust and get comfortable with the experience. The whole time I was to concerned with "trying" to see or get something out of it that nothing really happened... I kept squirming around and finding I was itching cause of the salt. I did achieve what felt like a few minutes of transcendence, where basically I could see myself from a Birdseye perspective, laying in the tank, In this house, in melbourne, in Australia, on earth... It just kept zooming out which was wild haha. But unfortunately it lasted all to short a time and I zapped back to reality before I truly explored the sensation.

2: was much, much better. I achieved the same feeling as the first time but rather quickly and managed to stick with it for a while. After around 15-20 minutes I realised I was totally lost... I had no idea where my body ended and the water started (same as DC experienced), I had no perception of the boundaries of the tank, I didn't know where my body was, it literally felt like I didn't even have a body, I felt like one of those cartoons of a brain in a tank lol. One of the craziest feelings I've ever had. It's weird because I get pretty emo in these circumstances. It really makes me feel stupid for having spent so much time on pointless endeavours... I realise there's so much more to everything besides just walking around and getting annoyed and frustrated at petty shit. It makes me feel like an idiot. Like I've wasted potential and energy. When I left the tank this time I felt like I had been on a 2 week holiday... Wild... I work a lot running my own business, like 70-80 hour weeks and after 1 hour I felt like I had taken a month off, quite bizarre.

3: this one was the best! I felt like I knew my way around it now. I got in to the rhythm pretty quickly and by the second hour I was really playing around with the experience. The only way I can describe it is it was like instant lucid dreaming... I would have an idea of something I wanted to experience ie: one was playing professional basketball, within a split second I was there, on a court, with professional players, playing the game... But unlike dreams where you kind of 'watch the action' so to speak, I was in full control. Then i would come out, focus my mind on something else, and be taken there to the same extreme. probably a lot like your ninja trip haha. It's really ridiculous - the power of the mind... Like I've read studies on mindful practice and the mind not being able to distinguish the difference between actually doing something and just really vividly imagining it... but I'd never experienced it to that extreme before.

Needless to say I'm a huge advocate of float tanks. I just wish the sessions didn't break my wallet so bad here in Australia... I've explored lucid dreaming a bit which is pretty comparable in results but the work involved is extreme... I basically practiced that shit for like 3 months every night and only ever had one lucid dream that lasted about 10 minutes lol. I would love to get in to it again to the point where it's automatic but it's just so much work I don't really have the energy for it right now. I still meditate a bit which is good but floating is like meditation on steroids haha.

Peace.
  • James Frank. and JoaGymshoe like this

#272 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but I am saying there is a slim possibility all the people who tank's brains are gonna melt when they turn 50 lol

That's the thing about the new world, we have all this crazy shit, but what if iPhones give us dick cancer in 25 years

it's like the people in 1910 "New Uranium Pellets! Give 6 to your children for stronger bones!"

290448_original.jpg

"Radium! Drives out uric acid!

Send for free literature!"

#273 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

Yeah except tanks are organic. It's salt water son (you know, the same shit that's in the ocean... And running through your body). It's not a radioactive device lol. You also don't ingest or take anything. It also has very good scientific backing behind it. And it's been around for decades with no melted brains. It definitely ain't "new world" technology, pretty sure it was used for astronaut training wayyyyy back. In fact all the testing (besides some from the 50's that were discounted due to embezzlement) and scientific study has returned nothing but positive results on healthy minds. Enhanced cognitive function, stress reduction, muscle and joint rehabilitation and pain management. I don't see how having your brain in literally it's most natural form (free from external stimulants) could be anything but beneficial... Unless you already suffer from schizophrenia or something, then I really woundnt recommend it lol. I also know Richard Feynman - who in my opinion is one of the smartest men to ever live - was a big advocate and user of float tanks...

If anything... I'd say it's probably one of the strongest defendants against a melted brain :P
  • GPBear likes this

#274 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

I am high on mushrooms, AGAIN

"GPBear you have a problem"

You have a problem, man

• James Frank. and Ba.Ku like this

#275 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

What ofsrijuana to cute anxiety and mood disorders? Anyone heard of anything like this. There's a bunch of non medical study, but really nothing conclusive. Sounds counterintuitive to me,

#276 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

you mean, like, anxiety when you see kittens and shit like that?

#277 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring

i doubt i'm the only one who uses this extensively.  go down to "conditions" and find anxiety.  you can also click "advanced filters" after that and add bipolar disorder.  this thing is a great tool for picking a strain.  generally for anxiety i would stick to indica dominant hybrid strains.  strains labeled "kush" will usually do fine.  the first order of business i would recommend however would be to smoke less than you think.  take a puff here and there, there's no need to power through a blunt and get way fucked up.  that'll often amplify anxiety

• Jimmyfunkvalve likes this

#278 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

I was asking for a family friend. He has had issues with anxiety and thinking. I think he had dependency issues so your info ses helpful.

#279 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

^dope!

yeah, leafly is a great site, and i'm a huge fan. hope he feels better!

#280 Guest_kamei_*

Guest_kamei_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

I live in brazil so there's no "pure weed" here. I can't find it....cause it's illegal, you know.

Every time I smoke it's like a different experience and I can't bear with that, I wanna know what I am putting inside my body yo.

So I just stopped smoking. At least for a while. I always stop and then I come back when I am drunk.

#281 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:42 AM

I live in brazil so there's no "pure weed" here. I can't find it....cause it's illegal, you know.

Every time I smoke it's like a different experience and I can't bear with that, I wanna know what I am putting inside my body yo.

So I just stopped smoking. At least for a while. I always stop and then I come back when I am drunk.

Weed is hard to come by in Brazil??! For real??! What isn't?

#282 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,930 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

sexy hookers

#283 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

Ahhh.
Sexy hookers.

Phat Asses too. This could be applied to sexy hookers too.

#284 Guest_kamei_*

Guest_kamei_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

no, it's super easy.

But not good quality weed.

#285 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

no, it's super easy.

But not good quality weed.

Oh. Here is super easy, for me to get and is super potent. I think it is so much stronger than when I smoked as a kid. As such, I literally just do one hitters. And I only really want to be high for a few hours at most a day. So two one hitters covers that.

Used to have to puff a full doob generally.

#286 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

I'm like some sort of responsible adult with a job and family and shit,

But I've been thinking real hard about copping some sticky lately

Problem is, I can't stay up til 4am smoking and watching meaningless shit on TV and then get up at 7 am to take my son to school

#287 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

Not to say you should, but plenty of parents are smoking and parenting. Honestly, I am a responsible adult too, so getting BAAAKKKED. Is almost always out of the question. But literally for me, a hit off a prerolled joint, tnothing major, just a tiny dose lasts me a few hours.

During that time, I am gernally more upbeat, creative etc.

Just saying. I am no pusher man.

#288 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

Where I'm from there's a lot of older people and parents who smoke and live a relatively normal life. One of my friend's mom, step-father and father, who is around 60 years old, all smoke and have been doing so for the majority of their life.

I'd rather have my children smoking weed than drinking on a daily basis and ending up doing stupid shit.

• MellowYouth and mangoes cash like this

#289 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Yah.
Its crazy how there is this stigma still.

#290 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

Problem is, I can't stay up til 4am smoking and watching meaningless shit on TV and then get up at 7 am to take my son to school

not unless you're my dad
lol

• mangoes cash and Dirty Cyclist like this

#291 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

Yeah some ppeople can get away with no sleep but not me. I go insane.

I probably shouldnt. I can never do things in moderation.

Im not a 'just one puff' guy im a 'smoke 2 joints in the morning' guy
  • mangoes cash likes this

#292 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:39 AM

HARDCORE.
!
  • Cheel likes this

#293 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

smoke two joints at night
  • Cheel and Jubito like this

#294 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

http://motherboard.v...ir-straightener

1438644627922123.JPG

• Jimmyfunkvalve and GPBear like this

#295 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:45 AM

What a coincidence you pòsted this DC, I just popped in to say ROSIN IS THE SHIT! Everyone should try it.

Clean pure tasty and strong. Fuck BHO. €50 on a hair straightener with digital temp control, I'm sorted.

Been practicing for a little while, almost nobody here in Spain is doing this so I actually hosted a demonstration/workshop this past weekend at a local cannabis cup.

Unfortunately they only got pics of the low quality stuff.

Had really good fun tho. I think I must've given at least 50 people their first dab this weekend!

Tbh I'm having trouble smoking/combusting weed/flower these days, after dabbing it all tastes burnt.

I've spoilt myself.

• Dirty Cyclist likes this

#296 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

#297 Ba.Ku

Ba.Ku

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Sample
    & Smoke
    & Eat.
    Repeat.

Posted Today, 04:13 AM

I'm an Indica type of guy. I am a responsible adult and a father and a husband and shit... Still, when I come home after work, I take care of my son, help my wife with that and then I cop some trees and start beatmaking.
Don't know about the favorite strain thing though, I love that Cheese and a good Kush is always appreciated. Joints or blunts are all good, maybe I'm more of a blunt head.

What are your favorite strains anyway?

#298 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,930 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Today, 08:37 AM

Hell's Angel OG = 29.75% THC count

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users