#2 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Who believe that this could happen

Paranoid delusional Libertarians, Illuminati conspiracy theorists with tin-foil hats, certain evangelicals that want to see Revelations materialize, and 14 year olds that just bought their first Anti-Flag CDs and watched "Zeitgeist" for the first time.

Also, Sean Hannity.
  • Machiventa, James Frank. and Cheel like this

#3 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

one thing i have a really hard time believing is that members of the military and armed forces would willingly open fire on the same citizens they enlisted to uphold and protect...i get that there's this scary "boogeyman" of Haliburton and these faceless war-profiteers, but on a human level i really don't see something this drastic taking place when i personally know people in the military who are aware of these things and are NOT happy about it.

but i gotta admit that there's some weird stuff going on in this country, and i hate watching alarmist videos like this because they just scare the shit out of me and make me feel the complete opposite of what they're going for. i feel much less empowered and a lot more helpless when i see these videos, and i'm not educated enough in specific legal documents and other technical governmental jargon to debase these facts they present so i have no choice but to take them as being correct (even if they aren't). what i can say is that Alex Jones is a total cook lol, i'm ashamed that i used to watch his videos all the time...but what i can say about that is that he uses the EXACT same fear tactics that the "others" use to reel you in and turn you into a zombie watching all his videos and infowars.com plugs with the conveniently placed ads for water filters and Secrets of 9/11 Truthers Building #9 Yeah It Was An Inside Job and Everyone's A Sheep But You If You Buy This Vol. 12...that part of it makes me very wary to believe in any conspiracies whatsoever.

but i can't deny that the FEMA camps are a really weird occurrence, even though they've been around for years now. back when i was into all this shit they predicted the US would crumble by 2009 and the dollar would completely collapse and be replaced with the Amero lol...and that the US would be dissolved and we would form an EU-like thing with the NAU, joining Canada/US/Mexico as one giant entity. needless to say, none of that ever happened so i call BS on pretty much all of it now.

#4 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

I heard 2Pac is coming back.

#5 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/nick-papadopoulos-2

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Just concentrate on Jesus and you be ok.

#6 HUNGRYMAN

HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Posted Image

One more year before the Mattel Hoverboard is released. Hope it comes in colors other than pink...
  • Machiventa and GC90 like this

#7 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

but i gotta admit that there's some weird stuff going on in this country, and i hate watching alarmist videos like this because they just scare the shit out of me and make me feel the complete opposite of what they're going for. i feel much less empowered and a lot more helpless when i see these videos, and i'm not educated enough in specific legal documents and other technical governmental jargon to debase these facts they present so i have no choice but to take them as being correct (even if they aren't). what i can say is that Alex Jones is a total cook lol, i'm ashamed that i used to watch his videos all the time...but what i can say about that is that he uses the EXACT same fear tactics that the "others" use to reel you in and turn you into a zombie watching all his videos and infowars.com plugs with the conveniently placed ads for water filters and Secrets of 9/11 Truthers Building #9 Yeah It Was An Inside Job and Everyone's A Sheep But You If You Buy This Vol. 12...that part of it makes me very wary to believe in any conspiracies whatsoever.

what

why

that is the exact opposite of what you should do
if this actually does worry you then it should be a priority for yourself to actually take some time and learn the jargon and legal stuff and do research and form your own opinion
news media and other sorts of info wire should be taken cautiously, no matter the source

#8 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I3nZZVJ434

#9 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Do I personally believe that there are those in this country who have a vested interest in tearing the very fabric of this nation apart?
Of course I do but I doubt very highly that President Obama is one of those people.
If anything he's one of the people fighting the real traitors of the United State of America.
The Koch Brothers financed Tea Party, The Rush Limbaugh Libertarians and the misinformation network known as Fox News.

#10 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

why is everyone so quick to attack Fox News all the time? it's so hacky, we get it--you don't like conservatives.
but don't act like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc. aren't doing the exact same thing, sometimes even more gratuitously...

bitching about how awful FOX is insinuates that all the other stations are somehow doing things the right way.
news flash: they aren't any better.

and yes Primate, i should bone up on my legal knowledge lol.
  • GC90 likes this

#11 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

why is everyone so quick to attack Fox News all the time? it's so hacky, we get it--you don't like conservatives.
but don't act like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc. aren't doing the exact same thing, sometimes even more gratuitously...

bitching about how awful FOX is insinuates that all the other stations are somehow doing things the right way.

and yes Primate, i should bone up on my legal knowledge lol.

Because Fox News is EVIL.
  • James Frank. likes this

#12 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

This 100%

I will say though, I was watching this video earlier tonight and it was pissing me off lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29lmR_357rA

Edit:

Do I personally believe that there are those in this country who have a vested interest in tearing the very fabric of this nation apart?
Of course I do but I doubt very highly that President Obama is one of those people.
If anything he's one of the people fighting the real traitors of the United State of America.

LOL. People like you are why we are fucked.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zsfXzQnmpo

RT's not the greatest place to go for unbiased news about Russia, but it's a great alternative to the shitty American media for American related news.

Posted Image

#13 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

This 100%

I will say though, I was watching this video earlier tonight and it was pissing me off lol

Edit:

LOL. People like you are why we are fucked.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zsfXzQnmpo

RT's not the greatest place to go for unbiased news about Russia, but it's a great alternative to the shitty American media for American related news.

Posted Image

Please.....

The drone strikes would've happened regardless of who's President and it's just not the U.S. carrying them out. The U.K. are just as responsible.

#14 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image
Interactive chart here: http://www.globalpos...imeline#2011-40

http://www.pbs.org/n...-strikes-1.html

Posted Image

Obama has been the third/fourth term of GW, almost everything he's done while President reinforced Bush era policies for the worse.

Obama is just as much a "traitor of the United States" as you put it as any other fucker in Washington.

I can kind of understand if you were one of the dumb people who got hyped up in the "Change" aspect of Obama's 08 campaign but if you voted for this dude again in 2012 all the blame's on you given how clear he made it that nothing was going to change.

ps: I threw away my vote to Gary Johnson. Real libertarians, not "Rush Limbaugh libertarians" (WTF is that? There's nothing remotely libertarian about him lol) are really the only ones who make sense. Dems/Repubs are all the fucking same, they're out to fuck everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3biXm77tVD8

#15 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

ps: I threw away my vote to Gary Johnson. Real libertarians, not "Rush Limbaugh libertarians" (WTF is that? There's nothing remotely libertarian about him lol) are really the only ones who make sense. Dems/Repubs are all the fucking same, they're out to fuck everyone.

Right on the money. I also voted for Johnson.

#16 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

i voted for Paul, i felt and still feel like the two party system is in dire need of revision...because there really is no choice anymore. everyone around me who knew i voted for a third party candidate (which tbh was only a couple of those in my close, immediate family) chastised me and blamed me for Obama's second term because i didn't vote for Romney-- but i can't imagine that it would be any better with that asshole in office, things probably would've either gotten .000000001% better or a lot, lot, lot worse than it is now.

that clip was very tongue-in-cheek, i didn't think they were being all that serious during that segment. they really should focus on news being that they're a fucking news station, but i also admit that whenever a comedian i like guest stars on the show Red Eye i'll still totally watch it just to support that person. i don't even think my generation grew up with Mr. Rogers, but if they had it kinda would explain this awful sense of entitlement everyone walks around with these days. the other day i watched a man casually walk into oncoming traffic because he didn't feel like waiting for the lights to change, flipping off cars when they honked at him for being such a dick and purposely taking his time to let everyone know he's more important than them. he's the reason i keep a couple rocks in my glove compartment now haha, just in case someone thinks they're gonna try that shit with me. but yeah, being that i go to a major university in a place like Boulder, CO, i see a lot of "i'm special" entitlement that comes up whenever someone doesn't get their way or when they skip classes and then lose a huge chunk of their grades or when the bus driver won't let them on for free because that's not how public transportation works...it's really ridiculous, i feel like i'm back in middle school.

#17 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

i voted for Paul, i felt and still feel like the two party system is in dire need of revision...because there really is no choice anymore.

I was a huge supporter in '08, even introduced him to over 2,000 people here in Denver. Actively campaigned and wrote in for Nobody in '12 (Nobody will end the wars. Nobody will help the poor. Nobody will reform Washington. Nobody actually listens to you. Nobody cares. Vote for Nobody.) I'm hoping Elizabeth Warren rises up and sends a serious challenge to Clinton II in '16.
  • James Frank. likes this

#18 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

lmao if you really think that, you should watch a bunch of fox news sometime man. And then watch a bunch of PBS. I get what you're saying, that most news networks have a bias and a direction that they spin in according to their viewership, but there's a SERIOUS difference between Fareed Zakaria or The News Hour and even FOX's most intelligent/non-insane/non-brainwashing shows. You don't need to defend FOX from being picked on, because they truly deserve it. And despite all the finger pointing at them (for like 10 fucking years) they only get worse. I've heard some things from that channel's "colorful" cast of "personalities" that...are so truly disturbing, it's hard to even discuss.

I'm hoping Elizabeth Warren rises up and sends a serious challenge to Clinton II in '16.

^^This would be incredible, she's one of the best. but I'd be real surprised. If Hilary didn't run Warren might just have a shot.

#19 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

lmao if you really think that, you should watch a bunch of fox news sometime man. And then watch a bunch of PBS. I get what you're saying, that most news networks have a bias and a direction that they spin in according to their viewership, but there's a SERIOUS difference between Fareed Zakaria or The News Hour and even FOX's most intelligent/non-insane/non-brainwashing shows. You don't need to defend FOX from being picked on, because they truly deserve it. And despite all the finger pointing at them (for like 10 fucking years) they only get worse. I've heard some things from that channel's "colorful" cast of "personalities" that...are so truly disturbing, it's hard to even discuss.

^^This would be incredible, she's one of the best. but I'd be real surprised. If Hilary didn't run Warren might just have a shot.

I really think she could take Hillary down before the convention by outflanking here from the left. Especially when everyone already knows Clinton will carry on with the exact same policies we've seen since Bush II with regards to foreign and most domestic policy.

Regarding FAUX News, my boss at the donut shop has it on most nights and I'm seriously surprised they get away with calling that shit news. Now I get what JF is saying when he refers to all the other MAJOR networks being almost the exact same, and I concede yes they are absolutely terrible. But...the entertainers that FOX hires and then passes off as newscasters are horrible people. When a majority of the hosts openly refer to themselves as either outright TEA Party members or sympathizers you know not a single word is at least attempting to be objective journalism. This past summer when Zimmerman was acquitted, I was actually astonished to see that Bill O'Rielly WAS NOT doing his show in complete Klan regalia. I mean his rhetoric was some shit straight out of a cross burning rally. And don't even get me started on that rat bastard Sean Hannity....

#20 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

^ and that is why i tend to not watch the news, regardless of station lol.
everyone else on here is spot-on regarding the horse-shit Fox News spews out on a weekly basis...but to me, it's a media issue in general, and i just wish more of that venom was directed towards the terrible things all the other stations have done as well; it's really gone tit-for-tat as far as horse shit from side A vs. horse shit from side B.

#21 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

most news media outlets have problems. I sort of think it stems in some ways from the way news outlets have multiplied like 100 fold in the past 50 years. Everyone has to fight each other for viewership and ratings, and thusly now most news channels have a lot of commentary and general bias based on what their audience wants to hear, as opposed to just a little bit of tightly written editorial stuff. There's a lot of "you already know you're right about this and we're gonna reinforce that". a lot of stations just play to the common denominator. But FOX is malicious. FOX is attempting to not only push an agenda but misinform, terrify, and incite the hatred of its audience. You might get annoyed by Chris Matthews but in the general scheme of things he's harmless, whereas FOX is actively destructive. I remember early in Obama's first term the White House literally acknowledged that FOX is "not news" and is essentially just a branch of the republican party. When your pundits are, as Sunny said, actively admitting to being members of an insane, far-right "political party", that's not tit-for-tat. When Rachel Maddow admits to being a Marxist or anarchist, maybe. Regardless of fiscal or governmental policies, social liberalism doesn't harm anyone (except your grandma's sense of decency maybe), whereas social conservatism is all about restricting, harassing, enforcing, blah blah blah. A racist isn't somehow balanced out on the other side by a liberal, there isn't really a Bill O'Reilly of liberalism. They might basically be shock-jocks at MSNBC by now, but they aren't full of hate.

Personally I think people should try to get news from as many places as possible, and if you think the all-powerful internet is any less fucked than TV you're kidding yourself. Unless you feel that you cannot be trusted to use your brain and ability to research, one should absorb as many sources as they can to stay objectively informed. Except for FOX news and the Alex Jones's of the internet and everyone else who plays on hatred to manipulate.

#22 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image
  • DELCO and SwampThing like this

#23 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Posted Image

Enough said.
  • DELCO and mangoes cash like this

#24 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image

• DELCO and SwampThing like this

#25 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Oops. Sorry brah.
Still, Fox is terrible.
As are most news outlets as most have an owner with angenda.

#26 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

I traded my old news channel out for these guys.... much more informative and real.

Posted Image

#27 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/nick-papadopoulos-2

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Nice to see politics being talked about on this forum.

Never was a fan of either of the last two presidents but I was a bit upset that I could so easily see through this one and others were so easily swept away. It is the same herd of people that root for the popular team or whomever is the most hyped up in the rap game. Its as easy as that, imo.

As I have been following the media more and more it never ceases to amaze me how easily facts can be misrepresented to meet someone's needs.

The best job for anyone should be an "image consultant." Everything, it seems is bullshit in this world. No matter how bad the head man in charge is, his followers will overlook glaring weaknesses--and even admit it to you. Popularity contests should cease early on in life--but many of us have been conditioned to desire the good attention of our common man.

All politician are bought. You can keep wishing for third party candidates to make a difference but they are just part of the game.

You could be someone who is a moderate--but you will never be happy. Politics are only a tool to be utilized by the racist and elitist.

There is nothing revolutionary about this theory

#28 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

I traded my old news channel out for these guys.... much more informative and real.

Posted Image

haha if you like your news preachy and 2 years late. (I jest, I jest, I'm a fan of all their political monologues, if not their silly love triangles. hindsight works in their favor)

#29 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

Posted Image

Hell yeah! Someone give Sorkin a 'news show'and we might have a left wing counterweight to O'Rielly.

#30 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

ha just saw anchorman 2, they do a decent job of satirizing a bit of what we were discussing here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users