208 replies to this topic

#181 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

He's missing his apartment bedroom/studio.

https://m.facebook.c...gle.co.uk/&_rdr

#182 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

Why are you posting pics? A bit invasive, no?

#183 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

i still follow him on Twitter/Instagram haha.

where's the thread where he called it quits on here?

#184 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

^

Music Video: 100 PROOF | Album: #REALHIPHOP

[...]

Suddenly once I started to stand apart from the STMB pack, an vile ugliness reared it’s head, noticeably by those who call themselves producers. The hateful actions of those who’ve attacked me and to this very moment refuse to accept their responsibility for turning what was supposed to be a positive moment into a circus.

Congratulations Haters! You've successfully sabotaged this topic and are about to get what you’ve really wanted all along. I no longer want to be a member of this site anymore. There's far too much fakeness, backstabbing and disgust for me to change my mind.

-Professor Pete Marriott

almost 1 year since pete stood apart from the pack

• Grifty-Rodriguez likes this

#185 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

anyone else notice that Flip Chillson guy sorta just disappeared after this whole thing?  could you imagine if he was just Pete's alt account, and to make it legit he had to write this whole character progression thing where he starts out hating Pete and then becomes Pete's biggest fan....i mean, how fucking likely does that scenario really sound lol?

that could easily be the plot for #RealHipHop3 guys...i'm just sayin'. 

i think Pete may have been up to some shenanigans, because those FC posts come off really weird-sounding.  like the whole part where he alleges other members were colluding against Pete haha; like what the fuck is this, The Manchurian Candidate?  gtfoh, all we do here is just post about DOOM and Madlib and occasionally make tasteless dick jokes.

those posts started sounding eerily similar to Pete's style of writing, especially towards the end where he was just randomly harassing Mangoes about "murking dudes one by one" lol...good times.  good riddance

• GC90 likes this

#186 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

Why are you posting pics? A bit invasive, no?

Posted a link to a pic that bro published on his own social media. If you read the whole thread, or can remember it, the image is relevant to the discussion in the thread. Only you can decide if yoh are looking at a 'state of the art digital analogue hybrid commercial studio' , or a bedroom in a guy's apartment with some behringers in it.

#187 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

That's on you guys. I could care less what anyone utilizes to record. I did hear the result and thought it exceptional.

I don't think that objectionable on any way, I do recall falling off somewhere on the fourth page or so because I was busy with a bunch of other stuff.

#188 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

It's not about what you use to record, it's about the dude's numerous false representations. Exceptional is a category that I reserve for James Brown/RZA/Beethoven etc. Even withjn the sphere of 'underground hiphop' that release was deeply average to my ears, perhaps it couldn't live up to the hyperbole.

#189 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

oh no, let's not beat a dead horse now guys...

this thread's like the Vietnam Memorial now; you come by, pay your respects, shed a few tears, and quietly leave.

• GC90 likes this

#190 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

Beethoven is otherworldly as was James Brown...RZA overrated but I appreciate the digi...

But-there's nothing to argue-I thought it was a great project and he delivered on the preeminent single-not to mention his promise of; a great video. I thought thy in and of itself was remarkable.

Had a political edge to it that was quite functional as far as albums are concerned-your dislike of his attitude and as you say "hyperbole" notwithstanding. I think it readily apparent that he put a lot of work into the project.

#191 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

^ Yes man, respect the work involved.
  • MWBOOGIE likes this

#192 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

Regarding Flip, I remember it took him like a day to become Pete's number one supporter and always thought that was strange. Maybe he wrote the wiki page.
  • GC90 likes this

#193 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

i guess we shouldn't be that surprised with a guy named Flip having a complete change of heart mid-argument...

#194 Flip Chillson

Flip Chillson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:30 AM

to all you fuck boys talking shit. I'm not pete marriott. I dropped off the boards because my father was murdered by his girlfriend who committed suicide after taking his life. my dad was my very best friend and I miss him, so I could care less about a message board or whatever bullshit pansy beef you dicks got with pete. before I turn off my email notifications and split, I gotta say that only a bunch of fucking pussy ass losers would be so cowardly to up a post from a year ago so they could gang up on people who don't fuck with you. pete obviously not fucking with any of you cunts and I now see why. I made my mistakes dissing pete, but I apologized to him and the old guy was cool about it, also his album is fucking dope so he gets my respect. Y'all on some very bitch made faggot hater shit. fuck you for putting my name in some shit I ain't involved in. I'm out bitches. 

• Berry Woods likes this

#195 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hahahaha

#196 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

...well, that was weird.

you gotta admit though, my theory did seem at least plausible.

what bugs me is that this fucking anonymous guy expects us to take what he says at face value and not be allowed to discuss the possibility that he was a troll all along.  i mean, if what you say happened to you was true, then clearly that's a bad situation --- but don't drag me into the shit because i mentioned your name speculatively, asshole.

your last post was in fucking May, literally at the exact same time Pete called it quits; what do you expect people to think?  if it truly didn't bother you, you wouldn't have resurrected your account just to respond one last time...but since you seem to have major issues with reading comprehension, your first visceral reaction to seeing your name being mentioned in a thread is to just randomly come out of retirement to speak some harsh words to people you probably wouldn't say that shit to in real life.

fuck you for putting my name in some shit I ain't involved in.

BS you weren't involved --- you're the main focus of the other Pete-oriented thread, look how many fucking posts you made in that one...way more than i did.  i'd loveeeeeeeeee to hear who was emailing you privately to collude against Pete, because that combined with all the other shenanigans involved with your account makes me think you're a bullshitter --- sorry, that's just what it is.

i'm not asking you to divulge details about your personal life, i could care less tbh.  but don't just randomly cite shit from your personal life and expect that to shut me up when all i did was making a fucking pun about flip-flopping --- you're not above ridicule just because you might be bigger and stronger than me. 

fuck you for thinking you can intimidate me with this invisible strength when you're just a random, anonymous account on here...

#197 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

Lol what a great story Pete maybe you should try to write for AMC instead of making the tired ass boom-bap bullshit you're stuck on
  • GC90 and felixherandez like this

#198 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,267 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Yo, Chill Son...

• James Frank. likes this

#199 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

tumblr_maax00wLJC1qfsomt.jpg

#200 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

1346746004_eye_of_the_one_dollar_pyramid

#201 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

• SunnyMeadowz and GC90 like this

#202 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:00 AM

Hey you guys...I don’t need to create any aliases to respond to any vitriol or libelous slander of any type. Truth be told I rather not respond to such rubbish, especially since I’m very busy in both the professional and personal portions of my life.

I don’t see the humor or the sense of beating a dead horse, but that’s what you guys chose to do. I get that you’re bored, but C’mon you look...well I’ll let you guys figure it out for yourselves.

What I will do however, is ask those of you who for whatever reason are indifferent to me or my music “What have you contributed to hip hop music and culture?”

Call it a position of privilege if you want...hell label it arrogance or a false sense of entitlement or whatever silly idiom you can think up in your minds….if that will make you feel better.

But once again I ask you; “What have you…. contributed to hip hop music and culture?”

No matter what distorted conjecture or lies you can tell yourself about me or my music, I can truthfully look at myself in the mirror and look anyone of you in the eye and tell you the things I’ve done from my sampling, programming drums and playing instruments on various records while working for several producers to my breaking artist’s records on the air during my radio days in NYC to my producing several chart topping college radio hits.

I can pull numerous vinyl records and read my credits on the label’s hub or jacket. The same goes for mass produced CDs from both Major and indie labels. I can also google the words “Pete Marriott, Interview” and find several interviews by notable writers (All who approached me after listening to and connecting with my music.) and bloggers alike.

I can proudly say that an art gallery in New York City featured my music as an exhibition which also got featured at Art Basil very recently. I can also know that I’ve rocked various stages and clubs in the United States and Canada and from what I'm hearing, my music will soon take me and a few of the artists on my album 
#REALHIPHOP Like Mr. Man of Da' Bush Babees, Jazz from Whistle, JunClassic and Killah Trakz to Japan.

I can also state that I’m about to be featured in a documentary among a few of my production colleagues. Now if I really wanted to rub your noses in it, I could become an asshole and reveal some info that would probably make your heads explode with your hate for me, but nah…. You’ll find out when you find out.

Right now as at this very moment I’m looking at several plaques and records I produced or had my creative hands in, hanging on the walls of my new office at my new studio with my new vintage MCI console and I ask you; “What have you….contributed to hip hop music and culture?”

I can’t speak for any of you guys, only you can do that. But I can speak for myself without the help or interference of anyone else that I live and breathe the music and the culture. You don’t have to like me or my music just like I’m not obligated to care about anything that has to do with you. I just tell it like it is from my perspective.

Read any of my interviews like the latest one conducted by BBoy Tech Report http://www.bboytechr...-pete-marriott/ or follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IAmProfessorPeteMarriott you’ll clearly see I have no fear in saying what’s on my mind.

I don’t need no cowardly alias to say what I got say, so Berry Woods feel free to carry on with your silly shenanigans, unlike you…. I have a real music career, a culture I’m grateful to serve and a beautiful life to attend to.

Peace,
Professor Pete Marriott

#203 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

....large_interview-stones-throw-thumb.jpg

• SwampThing and felixherandez like this

#204 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

good luck pete, and sorry to hear about your dad to the other brother

geech!!!

#205 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

I have not contributed anything to the hip hop culture except cash to buy up records / CDs / MP3s that I like... peace and love.

• mangoes cash likes this

#206 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

But once again I ask you; “What have you…. contributed to hip hop music and culture?”

well, i do have an album coming out next year...

but i don't feel like i necessarily have to be a musician to have an opinion; we should accept the fact that most people consume rather than create...and to say they're wrong because they aren't in the (figurative) minority of humans regularly making music or that they can't have an opinion until they contribute something to the culture comes off sounding a little pious.

i understand the sentiment, but in reality we're never going to live in that utopian world -- people are assholes (myself included).  the idea of a world where everyone contributes something new, unique and different to every culture and subculture they come across is idealist fiction, and would probably be way too overwhelming for any of us to comprehend on a realistic scale anyway. 

with that, i think it's important to be open not only to criticism, but to understanding the value of a little self-deprecation now and then.  Pete's lived a completely different life than i have, and probably took a much tougher road to get where he is...that's admirable, but that doesn't mean that my points are somehow invalidated because of those circumstances -- and it certainly doesn't mean i'm not allowed to crack a few dumb jokes here and there.  we really should just bury this thread though haha, it's like Pandora's box ova' here!

#207 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

Is this the right thread?

#208 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

i just wish we can take beyonce off the title of this hot thread i really dont want to be reminded of her daily, just got word that karriem riggins is working with esperanza spalding for her new album tho!!!!!

#209 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

18dy3q2u71bcujpg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users