#151 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

GC90 mentioned earlier that he relocated to Portland.

I am gonna visit in the near future too! I just dont want any of them bisexual girls with the stinky pussy. Bike riding bitches have stank puss.

Seattle Portland, what's the difference?

https://scontent-b-p...451044669_n.jpg

#152 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Portland is more into art and hole in the wall shops including. There's tons of art dealers, record shops, loads of small theaters, and some of the best street food I the US. It's not for everyone but if you like different experiences everyday, Portland is the shit. I dig Seattle a lot too do but Portland has shit going on on every corner for miles from the city center.

#153 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I was kidding. Only been to Seattle, but it sounds like for digging, Portland is the way to go. The parts of Oregon I have been to have been nice.

#154 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yeah I'd say that Seattle is a bit more upscale and mainstream vs Portland having more of a unique culture with various arts and stuff. I haven't spent too much time in downtown Portland yet but that's been my take with what little time I've spent there.

#155 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

Lots of young hip people in Portland. I went out there for a work conference and met a dude that said he knew madlib and his wife back when he was making beats in his garage

#156 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

Are we going to pretend like she didn't just revolutionize the way albums will be released in the future?

Lolololololololol
  • SwampThing and Dirty Cyclist like this

#157 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

i'm still pretending

• James Frank. and Dirty Cyclist like this

#158 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I had a dream last night.
It was a bad dream.

Jay Z was bent over and Bey was wearing plaid.
  • Berry Woods likes this

#159 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

My cousin just paid $380 to go to their On the run concert. The cheapest seats were like $250. She definetly exploiting her fans..i wish i would pay $250 to see anyone other than Sade.

I much rather pay $65 and see Wu tang with premier ass seating.

#160 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Music and concerts for the 1%.

Welcome to the return of the Gilded Age.

#161 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Aren't they just regular prices for like... Douchebags who regard themselves as music megastars?

Like U2, Billy Joel, whoever. Um. Trying to think... Like Madonna maybe?

#162 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

My cousin just paid $380 to go to their On the run concert. The cheapest seats were like $250. She definetly exploiting her fans.

This reminds me of a bit I saw on the inherited wealth issue that will be taking over America in the coming generations as a result of the new oligarchy 

Everyone knows that wealth is being accumulated at the top of the pyramid. This power in the hands of a few is by definiton an oligarchy. But on the point of inheritied wealth, is that wealth (or large amount of money controlled by one family, or group), tends to grow faster than the economy. So, not only are the top uber rich, but their richiness is going to get even richer over time (relative to the basic economy). So their power and influence is growing exponentially.

At the same time, the middle class is eroding and the rest of the land is becoming poor.

Good thinking eh?

So, don't worry Blue Ivy, daddy will buy you that diamond studded dildo too.

• Dirty Cyclist likes this

#163 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

fuckers

• mangoes cash likes this

#164 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

• OfficeTime8889 likes this

#165 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

So, don't worry Blue Ivy, daddy will buy you that diamond studded dildo too.

what, she can't just use a hairbrush or a Pringles can like everybody else?  well la-di-da....

#166 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

Everyone knows that wealth is being accumulated at the top of the pyramid. This power in the hands of a few is by definiton an oligarchy. But on the point of inheritied wealth, is that wealth (or large amount of money controlled by one family, or group), tends to grow faster than the economy. So, not only are the top uber rich, but their richiness is going to get even richer over time (relative to the basic economy). So their power and influence is growing exponentially.

At the same time, the middle class is eroding and the rest of the land is becoming

Its not even about wealth. Its the fact that her and rihanna are dominating the genre and have dedicated fans who refer to themselves as the "navy" and "beyhive". They have saturated the music market so much no new talent or existing artist can get back on. Since, they have a cult following they can charge outlandish prices to their sheep. Its ridiculous....the sad part so much new talent overlooked

Ps, what father buys their child a dildo?? Wtf

#167 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

what, she can't just use a hairbrush or a Pringles can like everybody else?  well la-di-da....

I hope u meant use a hairbrush to comb that poor babys hair???

#168 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Pringles can!?!!!
  • James Frank. and Dirty Cyclist like this

#169 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Pringles can girth?? Im not ready
  • Jimmyfunkvalve, James Frank. and Dirty Cyclist like this

#170 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Its not even about wealth. Its the fact that her and rihanna are dominating the genre and have dedicated fans who refer to themselves as the "navy" and "beyhive". They have saturated the music market so much no new talent or existing artist can get back on. Since, they have a cult following they can charge outlandish prices to their sheep. Its ridiculous....the sad part so much new talent overlooked
Ps, what father buys their child a dildo?? Wtf

He didn't.
I was just drawing a point. I mean WHO buys a diamond studded dildo? Anyhow, yah, the music industry always had favoutites but diversity seems to be shrinking for sure.

#171 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/aris_fau

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

Are we going to pretend like she didn't just revolutionize the way albums will be released in the future? After what she's done today people won't want to listen to albums anymore, they'll want to watch them instead. Agree? Disagree? Why? Why not? C'mon you guys share your thoughts.

I agree.  I actually cited this project along with other instances on a report I published on how music has become more visual oriented.  It's pretty fascinating actually.  Packaging music without visuals to either pair or sync along with is an antiquated approach, point blank.  There's almost always been a visual component with music, it's just become the standard today.  

#172 WaldoH

WaldoH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Isn't the album name #anything to tacky for people to get behind? and I'm not sure the artwork screams "real hip hop."

#zeroartdirection

• James Frank. likes this

#173 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

I agree.  I actually cited this project along with other instances on a report I published on how music has become more visual oriented.  It's pretty fascinating actually.  Packaging music without visuals to either pair or sync along with is an antiquated approach, point blank.  There's almost always been a visual component with music, it's just become the standard today.  

I just watched an interview with Action Bronson, in it he talks about one of his many occasions, where he just felt like leaving the show mid performance and taking it to the streets. I always thought it was a bit odd, but fun and innocent. Low and behold tho, Action is a thinking man. He mentions that today, the industry thrives on visual blips. 

So, when he took a piss mid concert, his plethora on interviews and mini videos (cooking, action time...) are all just a reflection of the importance of visual online content. 

• OfficeTime8889 likes this

#174 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

I really don't mind being called antiquated (I'll be 40 on tuesday), but for me pretty much the whole point of music is the lack of visual stimuli, if you have imagination then you don't need it, it's all in your head already. I like not having to look at anything while listening to music, and I've always been fairly ambivalent towards music videos. Maybe we're breeding a generation without much imagination idk, but it's relly fucking sad if music can't be sold without accompanying visuals.

• mangoes cash likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users