• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#91 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

Posted Image

It must be love.

that gives whole new meaning to this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwB0ZJbwmpw
  • mangoes cash likes this

#92 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Looks like the visual album will be holding the #1 spot on the charts again for the 3rd week in a row. http://www.huffingto...f=entertainment

#93 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Great info pete.... I wonder where Rock Konducta stands at????????

#94 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

So what? Beyonce releases always chart high and make sales since Destiny's Child. It's because of her mass appeal and massive marketing. Is it about #realhiphop, or is it about soundscan? I don't get why this is relevant to apartment bedroom producers, whether they did cuts on a not particularly significant record in the 80's, and have an out of control ego or otherwise. Is this thread just so you can let us know that you also 'produce' videos.
  • GC90 and gEEchieDan like this

#95 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

^ oh shit, lol...this thread's getting brutal.
  • GC90 and gEEchieDan like this

#96 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

I had a dream last night that the member from Denmark who advertised his beats here outside of the hype section taught me how to use his fucked up jive and learned me how to use the term "so banger."

My style is "so banger." Them magazine ads with dudes in underwear are "so banger."
  • GC90 and James Frank. like this

#97 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

I had a dream last night that the member from Denmark who advertised his beats here outside of the hype section taught me how to use his fucked up jive and learned me how to use the term "so banger."

My style is "so banger." Them magazine ads with dudes in underwear are "so banger."

okay, that was actually pretty funny.

#98 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

lol im not close to any hard core male beyonce fans so this thread was a shocker.... and being that its on a underground hip hop message board made it even more wierd i really didnt understand! but he seems to really like Beys music! the way she released it was cool tho i guess, but anything else isnt for geech! but Rock konducta is better than anything she will ever release!!!
  • ynqhead and SwampThing like this

#99 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

most of the music I like does not do very well on soundscan...
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#100 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

most of the music I like does not do very well on soundscan...

Why is that? I mean, I am the same. I was just talking to my aunt over the holidays. She is a painter and was saying her work, which is quite good is not readily accepted, while others, which is crap is. I said it is the same reason Brittany Spears is popular. Basically, why does shit art, movies, music etc do so well with the masses.

Am I the one who just doesn't get it?
  • Dirty Cyclist likes this

#101 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

why does shit art, movies, music etc do so well with the masses.

Accessibility, maybe?
  • Dirty Cyclist likes this

#102 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

why does shit art, movies, music etc do so well with the masses.

$

#103 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Why is that? I mean, I am the same. I was just talking to my aunt over the holidays. She is a painter and was saying her work, which is quite good is not readily accepted, while others, which is crap is. I said it is the same reason Brittany Spears is popular. Basically, why does shit art, movies, music etc do so well with the masses.

Am I the one who just doesn't get it?

of course you get it, we are special and enjoy special shit, the special shit is only for special people! to try n figure out why un special people dont like it only makes it worse, i used to try to figure it out, it all boils down to this....every body wont get it! and tho it sucks thats a good thing at the end of the day!

the un special people are still special (in some cases) but not special like us!!!

#104 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

So what? Beyonce releases always chart high and make sales since Destiny's Child. It's because of her mass appeal and massive marketing. Is it about #realhiphop, or is it about soundscan? I don't get why this is relevant to apartment bedroom producers, whether they did cuts on a not particularly significant record in the 80's, and have an out of control ego or otherwise. Is this thread just so you can let us know that you also 'produce' videos.

Hi there Berry Woods,

You do realize that this thread was never about me or what I do right? It was YOU and DELCO who made this thread about me.

The point of this discussion was about a new BUSINESS MODEL for the ALBUM.

Why?

Because not enough so-called fans hip hop music that's actually better than the pop records that get forced fed to the masses are selling enough units to sustain our favorite labels like Stones Throw, Mello Music Group, BBE, Up Above, HippNott, Brick, Ubiquity, etc.

In fact most of these labels I just mentioned are barely surviving these days while one or two of them are doing well.

The point is that Beyonce's Visual Album is an industry experiment that proven successful, not only because she's a mega star but in the rapid returns and staying power of the new album format in an environment where albums go #1 for one week until the next album by another artist comes along the following week.

I want quality music, especially quality hip hop music to survive especially since we will be seeing the majors roll out Visual Albums by other artists.

In my personal opinion superior producers such as Madlib, Alchemist, Chuck Strangers, Statik Selektah and Tall Black Guy should be the top 5 producers in the industry, but not enough of their fans BUY the records they produce.

Elzhi, Blu, Homeboy Sandman, Joey Bada$$, and Pac Div should be the top hip hop artists on the charts, but they are not because once again not enough of their fans BUY the records they make.

Why?

Because "People Hear What They See"

When an Indie/Underground artist or producer puts out a "Visual Album" you will see a significant shift in the sales of quality music and the metrics will change. I hope to be among the first early adopters of this new business model within the underground/indie music scene.

In 5 years the general public will be "watching albums".... not listening to them.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Oh and for your misinformed comments about me?

http://youtu.be/FcIIpkKrkvM

;)

But.... on a serious note.

Producing records for the college radio market, making music for video games, commercials, television and film is my full time job. DJing in the clubs and on the radio are my moonlight gigs.

I work hard at what I do and I'm proud to actually be good at it. I LOVE what I do for a living and I LOVE interacting with people in person and online because that who I am as a person.

So if you want to spend so much of your time and energy hating on me like a "Bedroom Blogger" go ahead, knock yourself out. It don't change the fact that I'm happy and comfortable with my station in life and aspire to do more with my music as art by becoming an early adopter of the "Visual Album".

#105 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Dude whatever Pete. Nobody here gives a shit about Beyonce or her shitty new stripper videos
  • GC90 likes this

#106 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

So what is it that Grifty cares about then?

#107 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

of course you get it, we are special and enjoy special shit, the special shit is only for special people! to try n figure out why un special people dont like it only makes it worse, i used to try to figure it out, it all boils down to this....every body wont get it! and tho it sucks thats a good thing at the end of the day!

the un special people are still special (in some cases) but not special like us!!!

Ok, I'm convinced.
We da best!!!

And just for that, I'm gonna take it back and hit chu up with a little Pearl Jam! ~ another band with questionable popularity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKWTzr-k6s
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#108 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

Off topic, but I always hated those mutherfuckers. Wack as fuck! I can write an entire dissertation on these lames. But some people do love that weak, honky sorority girl shit.
  • GC90 likes this

#109 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Yah, I liked Ten when it came out. Saw them in concert back then twice!! They really kicked ass back then, I have some great live show stories with them, mainly dudes being so hyped people were launching dudes into the air. Pre performance when just a mixed tape was playing, so you know the crowd was hyped to see this fresh new group. Rocking that unique grunge sound.

Anyhow, cats were literally flying from one end of the room, to the other, and if you were standing there you either needed to catch the person flying butt first at your head or get out the way. I saw dudes do both.

But yah, after Ten they just fell off my radar completely, despite being massively popular. Like a moden day Grateful Dead.

Do yah, another group whose popularity I just don't get.

So the question remains why do Shiite things, like Lil Wayne tear it up in sales? When quality things like Madlib just do aight?

#110 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah
In 5 years the general public will be "watching albums".... not listening to them.
blah blah

Could Pete's response get any more pretentious? Jesus

lol @ Pete in 5 years when nobody remembers this fad.

#111 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

No way man,
I'm gonna never lsten to an album ever! Fuck my iPod man. Fuck it! Only visual albums ever dooood.

#112 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

I only pay for albums that are in a 4D hologram format

Posted Image

#113 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Woe!
What a trip man!!

#114 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yah, I liked Ten when it came out. Saw them in concert back then twice!! They really kicked ass back then, I have some great live show stories with them, mainly dudes being so hyped people were launching dudes into the air. Pre performance when just a mixed tape was playing, so you know the crowd was hyped to see this fresh new group. Rocking that unique grunge sound.

Anyhow, cats were literally flying from one end of the room, to the other, and if you were standing there you either needed to catch the person flying butt first at your head or get out the way. I saw dudes do both.

But yah, after Ten they just fell off my radar completely, despite being massively popular. Like a moden day Grateful Dead.

Do yah, another group whose popularity I just don't get.

I recall purchasing their first live album and I thought it quaint. I was heavily-minded and full of piss and vinegar so I was under a Nirvana trance. My friend invited me to a newer stadium that Pearl Jam was playing at--and I remember really being bored by the show. I did not realize that dudes got rowdy at those shows. They sing like bogus folk rock and shiit. I guess I learn something every day.

#115 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

I'm from Seattle so would hear a lot of Pearl Jam, always hated that band. Had this one hippie teacher in school who would play the shit during class, was fucking weak.

#116 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

where I came from only the white kids (and oddly sometimes black kids) who had no real identity would listen to that shit. The lead singer lived close to my area so lots of kids probably were like oh goody. Lames.

#117 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Eddie Veddar.
SMH.

I don't know why he bothers me, he just does. Just one of those guys who is cool, but like not. LoL

#118 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Fuck I had blocked out a lot of this shit:

#119 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ok, I guess I like one Pearl Jam song. Forgot about this one lol

• mangoes cash likes this

#120 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

On an unrelated note, this is the hot shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users