• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

I got to hold my hand up and say yes I'm a drum whore, I love my drums, and I love quality drums, now over the last year or so I have noticed that the market for drum samples is growing quite rapidly, not just for Hiphop, but most genres. My issue is with Hiphop samples.com. or rather the Beat Butcha packs mainly, alot of their other packs bother me as well. This producer is from the Uk and apparently his drums are amazing, one of the best in the business, according to the little paragraph to make you want to part with your money. So you fall for it, buy the pack, download the file unzip open it up and see what you've got. Now my problem is when you have an album with files and it says, name, title, album, genre, etc. These should not show up when you open say the kickdrum folder, unfortunately it does, Beat Butcha steals his drums from Dr Dre, J zone, and CD's off the front of music mags that have free samples. I'd say this is pretty lame, that someone sells drum packs of drums chopped from a CD. Then we're sold the idea that these drums are from his personal stash, which is bullshit. The problem I have is communicating with these guys and getting a response, getting them to acknowledge they aren't doing quality control, or they know full well they are ripping people off. I'm really tempted to upload all my drum packs to download purely as a middle finger to them. I might even try and contact J-Zone and say "hey you aware someone is chopping you drums up and selling them under their own name". The reviews of a lot of these packs online are a joke as well, they tell you one thing, you hear it for yourself, and you think to yourself " Homeslice you must have a low bar of quality or just love shit drum sounds". They have just released a 9th Wonder pack, and I have never heard such weak lame thin drum sounds, they are shit period, and layering is no good as they ruin what your trying to combine. So if you don't have the means like some do to get your own drums, how do you make sure your not going to get ripped off. It might seem odd to some but I also buy kits to see what is going on as I want to start putting packs out as I am sick to death of people getting ripped off, Quality does not seem to exist in this field, time it did I think.

#2 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Go for it dude. Sell your drums, if there good I would buy them. cause I know your inspired by the drums from metal bands. And metal is my second favorite genre behind hip hop

#3 mores

mores

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Soundcloud:/moresmusic

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

The only packs I'm happy with thus far are the ones that I got from Native Instruments. Other than that I agree with Tastik, curious to see what you got to offer.

#4 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

The only packs I'm happy with thus far are the ones that I got from Native Instruments. Other than that I agree with Tastik, curious to see what you got to offer.

Quality ha ha!! and not lying to my customer base, and the drum source being 100% vinyl, and the samples not peaking over 0.0db, also using hardware to process and filter the drums, that not everyone can get their hands on like an sp1200. NI packs are pretty good but they don't actually make them, companies like Loopmasters provide a lot of the sounds for them, and unfortunately they too are another quantity over quality company, and have shitty attitude, someone I know did tagging for their kits in maschine, and getting them to pay for the work, was like getting blood out of a vampire.

#5 mores

mores

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Soundcloud:/moresmusic

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

Quality ha ha!! and not lying to my customer base, and the drum source being 100% vinyl, and the samples not peaking over 0.0db, also using hardware to process and filter the drums, that not everyone can get their hands on like an sp1200. NI packs are pretty good but they don't actually make them, companies like Loopmasters provide a lot of the sounds for them, and unfortunately they too are another quantity over quality company, and have shitty attitude, someone I know did tagging for their kits in maschine, and getting them to pay for the work, was like getting blood out of a vampire.

Haha damn! Oh well, big companies in any field being scumbags is nothing new..

#6 VaaN

VaaN

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Music, Physics, Psychology, Literature and Politics

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

If you give away or sell your drum sounds who says someone's not going to steal them and put them on their own site as well? Dr Dre is a lot more likely to have a good lawyer than you are, and they already took that risk...

It's a noble idea though to push these frauds of the market by selling real quality drum sounds.

#7 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

That's why I don't buy shit!!!!! I use the FL studio preset ones and EQ them a bit, or some shit I sample, or some shit I download for free. Last thing I grabbed was a Pete Rock drum pack and I'm particularly satisfied with the included kicks.
  • Tastik BEATS likes this

#8 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

If you give away or sell your drum sounds who says someone's not going to steal them and put them on their own site as well? Dr Dre is a lot more likely to have a good lawyer than you are, and they already took that risk...

It's a noble idea though to push these frauds of the market by selling real quality drum sounds.

Yeah people will steal thats a given, 20% of the profit I may make will go towards the special needs kids home I work at, so if people feel comfortable stealing off of autistic kids etc, then it's their own loss, and will come back on them, it always does in some manner. Also I don't see any of the packs slapped over the net to download for free, their seems to be a bit of respect. The site you would have to become a member with, so they would be pretty stupid, it would only be a member stealing, so it wouldn't be that hard to find the rat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users