6 replies to this topic

#1 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Anyone given this a listen yet? I enjoyed it.

Free d/l :

http://www.freeonsma...see-it-mixtape/

#2 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I think it's great, yeah. Maybe enjoy it more than Joey's stuff. Only thing that bugs me are the two in one track songs. I separate the mp3s, because as far as I can tell they're meant to be separate tracks.

#3 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

I think it's great, yeah. Maybe enjoy it more than Joey's stuff. Only thing that bugs me are the two in one track songs. I separate the mp3s, because as far as I can tell they're meant to be separate tracks.

then you're probably gonna hate my next project...i was planning on condensing an entire EP into one 21 minute long track lol. i think Lotus did that too when Duality first dropped--i actually kinda preferred it that way for some reason, cause i usually listen to albums from beginning to end anyway to i could care less how the tracks are separated...it all sounds the same in the end anyway. also, "Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst" is my favorite track off of GKMC last year because it was able to masterfully pull off that "2 in 1" kinda thing.

#4 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

then you're probably gonna hate my next project...i was planning on condensing an entire EP into one 21 minute long track lol. i think Lotus did that too when Duality first dropped--i actually kinda preferred it that way for some reason, cause i usually listen to albums from beginning to end anyway to i could care less how the tracks are separated...it all sounds the same in the end anyway. also, "Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst" is my favorite track off of GKMC last year because it was able to masterfully pull off that "2 in 1" kinda thing.

Haha. It often works, especially if they're conceptually supposed to go together, like the Kendrick song you mentioned and the two different m.A.A.d. city tracks. And I definitely listen to albums front to back, but I've noticed some artists sandwiching songs into one track on mixtapes lately. I think Chance the Rapper did the same on his big mixtape. It's usually just nice for shuffling purposes to have them tracked out unless they're supposed to flow together, but I don't think that's the case on the CJ Fly tape.

#5 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Thanks for the link.

#6 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Haha. It often works, especially if they're conceptually supposed to go together, like the Kendrick song you mentioned and the two different m.A.A.d. city tracks. And I definitely listen to albums front to back, but I've noticed some artists sandwiching songs into one track on mixtapes lately. I think Chance the Rapper did the same on his big mixtape. It's usually just nice for shuffling purposes to have them tracked out unless they're supposed to flow together, but I don't think that's the case on the CJ Fly tape.

yeah, i know which tracks you're talking about too on that Chance the Rapper tape...that does kinda get annoying. but i only notice it when i'm looking down at my iPod to see what song's playing haha.

#7 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

Downloaded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users