• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

I'm call out James Frank. Let's do this, man!

i'm down, lol. especially since i kinda fell off the map with those DOOM remixes (i'm still doing them, they're just on my own time now and i'm just gonna group them all together into a compilation tape...eventually), its just that school's been kicking my ass so far and depleting all my free time + creativity + hand muscles.

#32 HUNGRYMAN

HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

i'm down, lol. especially since i kinda fell off the map with those DOOM remixes (i'm still doing them, they're just on my own time now and i'm just gonna group them all together into a compilation tape...eventually), its just that school's been kicking my ass so far and depleting all my free time + creativity + hand muscles.

Cool. I have plenty time, so I'll let you set a date, whatever works for you. Maybe we can get someone to pick some samples out. Your a pretty damn creative dude, so you probably stomp me, but it ought to be fun. ;)

#33 Professor Coneyack

Professor Coneyack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Quality Music, Fine Art, Hand Crafted Beer, Audio Engineering, Lakers, Life
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/selectfewmusic805

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

ATOM - Dope intro, smooth hook..,production wise its cool.would have like to herd a breakdown maybe

My vote goes to

ENZOL Dope chops..and i like how you manipulated what you had! Weak intro tho..but that B section made up for it no doubt!

Peace.

#34 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Cool. I have plenty time, so I'll let you set a date, whatever works for you. Maybe we can get someone to pick some samples out. Your a pretty damn creative dude, so you probably stomp me, but it ought to be fun. ;)

if not i can pull together a sample or two from my personal archives, haha. but yeah, for sure!

#35 telos100

telos100

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

My vote goes to ATOM because he rocked that sample...nice hits. cool production very well done.
peace.

#36 Purple Pen

Purple Pen

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/purplepen

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

atomheartmoo - good intro. i like the feel of the drums, and the panning of the hats is cool. i like the way you flipped the sample, too, it makes for a nice chord progression, but the autofilter is too heavy handed for my taste--i like it better when it's just open, like around 0:35. i would have liked to hear a funkier/bouncier bass line to go with the swinging drums, again just my taste, but the bass sounded a bit plodding and could have been more rhythmically and melodically inventive. anyway, good job, i enjoyed listening a few times through.

enzoeyeris - another good flip of the sample. great work on the drums, especially on the second part--the switch up is nice! the melodies you played with the pitched sample are cool but don't always sit right in the groove, to my ear. the triplet line at 1:31 feels too forward in the mix. i'm just being picky... nice job, very creative.

both beats are good. i generally prefer the vibe of atom's beat, but this being a one-on-one battle, i think Enzo went the extra mile with the creativity and the switch up.

#37 Sixfingerz

Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Look what i got in my mailbox from mr Atom

"this is funny as hell.
founding out that this whole time a white ass dude was arguing with me about BEATS and originality. lol man you don't even exist. i'm usually the kind of guy that minds his own business not giving a fuck. but this was just too much, had to share my joy with you at this moment."

Hahahaha, you have got to be kidding me dude. You're a racist fuck as well?? I don't even exist because i'm white?
Yeah that's right only coloured people know what originality and beats are right? Where do you come from man, straight from OZ?

Too funny this Troll... Really

#38 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:my team: perfiktion (together with BEATFUX)
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Okay guys. Saturday is over. Doesn't matter who won or not. We all had a show. Before we get into the arguing stuff and racial shits. I will concentrate on the normal battles and show u that I can clean up and be more straight about the stuff.

Hope there will be some jazz or soul. If u could hear the beats I have produced for imun (dope german mc who has the right to pick any of my beats) u would know it already. The material of the whole last year is locked. Will release some in november.

But I wanna race robot in the weekly battles now.

#39 DrunkenMaster2

DrunkenMaster2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/drunkenmaster2

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

ENZO

mostly for the battle spirit. i liked atom's beat as well, but when thinking "which of the two i'd want to be making", enzo's coming out first.

one comment:
though i've listened to both beats several time, i seriously considered avoiding the vote and this thread. i didn't want to spill more words where enough has been said already and get into the fire.
but i cannot ignore the shit that's been going on here and in the battles forum for the past week or so. it does not belong here.
i'm pretty new to this community and it has always been respectful and decent. people could sometimes be critical and cynical but i've heard none of this pure hatred insults before.
all this shitty nonsense (ras's words) got to go.

peace.

#40 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

They were both very special beats in their own ways

Can't we all just get along