517 replies to this topic

#511 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:08 PM

Remember when Hot Shots: Part Deux had Saddam talking with a lisp? And with a bikini top tan-line? Those were the good ol' days.

You dusted that one off from the past.

#512 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Yesterday, 03:14 PM

Seth seems like a cool dude not sure why they are friends.

Yeah I mean I think he's not very funny in movies but Seth seems like a nice enough dude in interviews and stuff

#513 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

I dunno. I say good riddance. It was an obvious desperate grasp for relevance using cheap controversy and shock value. What did they expect? Fucking with the craziest dictator in the world seemed like a good idea?? I think apatow is done for. He might have only gotten lucky in the first place. Talentless hack!

Apatow isn't attached to this film in any way; it's actually a film directed by Seth/Evan, written by Dan Sterling.  maybe it's just another generational thing, cause i'm a few years younger than most of you guys, but i don't really have any problems with Seth or Franco lol -- didn't realize how many people hated him on here.

but i think Rogen's track record is unprecedented, he just seems to involve himself with good film after good film.  i love that his films actually take risks -- but i mean, any comedic concept can become stale and dumb when you break it down so far...i think it's ballsy that they decided to fuck with a real dictator rather than take the safe way out like Sascha Baron-Cohen did with his bullshit dictator movie.

great comedies polarize their audiences, and this one damn near sparked a fucking war haha -- i think that's got to be some symbol of success on their part, regardless of whether or not you like it...

#514 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,927 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Remember when Hot Shots: Part Deux had Saddam talking with a lisp? And with a bikini top tan-line? Those were the good ol' days.

Exactly. Now all of a sudden world leaders are above ridicule and satire. Fuck that shit.

• James Frank. likes this

#515 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:58 PM

Steve Carell's production company was working on a North Korea film and they have now pulled out, halting production.

I suppose the difference between then and now tho is the internet and access to information.

On the other hand, can anyone see a North Korean commrade attacking an American movie theatre? Better safe than sorry I guess.

• Dirty Cyclist likes this

#516 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Exactly. Now all of a sudden world leaders are above ridicule and satire. Fuck that shit.

I wouldn't exactly frame it that way-but I get the tenor of your voiced displeasure.

#517 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 PM

I dunno. I say good riddance. It was an obvious desperate grasp for relevance using cheap controversy and shock value. What did they expect? Fucking with the craziest dictator in the world seemed like a good idea?? I think apatow is done for. He might have only gotten lucky in the first place. Talentless hack!

I appreciate that you sort of went out on a limb for this argument. 40 year virgin was funny not gonna lie-but the same ish over and over...

#518 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted Today, 09:17 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users