• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#481 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

i didn't say police brutality wasn't an issue,  ^  but that's a completely unrelated video.

your logic is telling me that you think just because some police shootings have been found to be unjustified and unnecessary, that all police shootings are now unjustified and unnecessary.

i mean, i'm not even being confrontational about it or anything, just presenting questions that popped in my head immediately after the fact...you choosing not to dignify it with a response, like i just said some whacky crack-pot shit that doesn't even deserve to be validated, comes off as a little indignant and petty.  this is how debates work, man, we open the dialogue up by asking questions and discussing points -- not just implying that what i said was too stupid to even illicit a response from you.

#482 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted Today, 03:05 AM

How dare you JF. For shame.
  • James Frank. likes this

#483 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted Today, 04:02 AM

I'm am not saying all police shootings are unnecessary, but they are given the non lethal weaponry available.... What I am saying is those cops rolled up in that kid real quick and shot him. Dead. The video is grainy, but it looked to me like the kid was in a non threatening pose when they shot.

Cops here in North America are trained to be dicks. They act like dicks. As a collective they are dicks. They abuse their power. They are over aggressive. They are straight up dicks.

Given what has been occurring, I would think there would be a little less show of police siding from you James.

That kid was cute and they shot him dead real quick.

Pepper+Spray+-+Cop+Spraying+UC+Davis+Occ

#484 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

I'm am not saying all police shootings are unnecessary, but they are given the non lethal weaponry available.... What I am saying is those cops rolled up in that kid real quick and shot him. Dead. The video is grainy, but it looked to me like the kid was in a non threatening pose when they shot.

Cops here in North America are trained to be dicks. They act like dicks. As a collective they are dicks. They abuse their power. They are over aggressive. They are straight up dicks.

Given what has been occurring, I would think there would be a little less show of police siding from you James.

That kid was cute and they shot him dead real quick.

i get what you're saying, man, but i also look at each one of these incidents as their own thing.  it seems like the media's conditioning us in a Pavlovian way to immediately respond negatively to any story that has the buzzwords "black teen shot by cop", regardless of context.  do you really think that cops are intentionally going out looking for black people to shoot -- especially now???

that seems a little unreasonable to make the blanket statement that all police are dicks; in fact, aren't generalizations like that a huge no-no for literally every other group of people in the news right now?  i think there is an issue with police brutality, definitely -- and i'm not denying a lot of the issues you bring up, but you also can't let your emotional response to the case override the importance of the actual evidence in a case like this...especially when you can clearly see in the video (which again, is sped up by a factor that none of us are certain of) that this kid was aiming a pellet gun with the orange safety cap removed at passersby in the park, i mean are we really gonna justify actions like that from a kid that's almost in high school?

he's 12, but age doesn't automatically designate innocence or absolve someone of doing something wrong; he was at an age where, if anything else, he should have been aware of the dire consequences one may suffer from openly waving anything looking even remotely like a gun in public...i was arguing with people all last night on YouTube about this, and the main argument people seem to have is that because he's 12, he MUST have been completely innocent, completely unaware and completely caught off-guard -- which is a logical fallacy to assume that every kid his age is incapable of going on a shooting spree, it's happened numerous times in the past decade.

it was a shitty misunderstanding, but the keyword is misunderstanding...and there are multiple sides as to who should take the blame.  it's not this cut and dry "all police want black people dead, therefore police are bad" situation, and i highly doubt that the police officer in question was out looking to shoot and kill a kid that day.

#485 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted Today, 11:57 AM

Fair enough, of course you can't pigeon hole each and every individual on the police force. That is stupid, but you can generalize. I mean, Americans loooove football! Now, I am quite sure many do not, by they are not the majority.

Cops are dicks.

#486 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted Today, 02:48 PM

Cops are dicks.

I disagree. I think there's a lot who are dicks and become police officers to abuse their false sense of power. But I think mostly they've just been thrown in to a shitty system (police force) that isn't anything like they expected. Instead of upholding peace they're kind of moulded in to becoming dicks just to survive within the game. Sleep deprived, under-trained, governmental fund raisers on a shitty wage... Couple all of that with the fact that they're working in a highly hostile environment surronded by people who have the 'cops are dicks' mentality I can see why they're on edge and have a 'dick' persona up, without it they wouldn't last very long... My cousin become a police officer thinking she was doing an honarouble service. She had depression within the first month.

I have empathy for cops. When I see a dicky arrogant one I just feel sorry for them because I know underneath the arrogant dick facade there's just a scared person that knows they lack the tools, support and training to do the job properly. All that aside there's definitely bad ones who go on the hunt for action and trouble but as frank said I don't see that in this isolated situation... I see some seriously bad parenting... Not that the police did everything right! But I think they probably didn't know how to do everything right because no ones ever told them how to handle a 12 year old waving around a gun (you can't blame them for not knowing it was a toy).

Peace.

#487 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted Today, 06:52 PM

Instead of upholding peace they're kind of moulded in to becoming dicks

Exactly. Its the culture. Its how they are trained. Its not that any dude who is a dick in real life thus must be a cop. Its them as a collective. They breed dickishness. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users