30 replies to this topic

#1 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/shadeprint

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

So, being I am quite into geek culture, I have been coming across quite a bit of uproar involving Feminism, some of this shit is out of control.

I know it's quite a buzz word at the moment and a lot of people are exploiting the situation and in reality I guess it's just a bit a headache, but fuck man, I'm hearing all kinds of shit from girls I know and man...looking at girls on the train is quasi-rape....LOL, Quasirapey.

#2 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

so are you against it or for it? i'm a little confused by this post, especially since this doesn't seem like the typical thing discussed on these boards...

#3 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

it ruined the world and was set up by the cia

#4 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

At this point I do not know what to think of it, or how to talk about it.

#5 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

it ruined the world and was set up by the cia

obviously

#6 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

lol wait for the comments to role in

#7 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Was the OP written in like 1963?

#8 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

so are you against it or for it?

And that's the problem, where it seems to have taken off in with a concern about women's rights around the world and general equality in all society [Which I am all for 100%], others have seemed to adopt the surge of popularity of what I can only describe as "Superior treatment". A lot of men seem to have jumped on this bandwagon too, and where I think it's mostly stuff that will never cause serious social problems [I couldn't even begin to describe what], it may cause a small cultural wave of males resenting women.

This might sound completely insane or even exaggerated, but it all comes from this popular new idea of "Schrodinger's rapist" and then amping that up even more to a point to "Men must completely ignore women unless told otherwise".

But this is getting long, so I'll try to conclude this all around here. I treat Women as equals, but I know Men and Women ARE different, either be it by nature or socially, I'm not picking sides [This whole subject as created this whole "Mens Rights" movement which is fucking gay], I'm also not the archetype of a what this incarnation of Feminism is against [White, Male and Privileged]. I'm just concerned if anything that it will hold Women back, deceiving them into thinking they need to be treated as "special members of society" with the opposite gender tip-toeing around in fear of fucking up.

#9 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Was the OP written in like 1963?

Ugh, I'm not properly explaining myself. The best comparison I can draw is when Black people go from fighting for rights to claiming to being a superior race and claiming the white man was an abomination created on an island by a crazed scientist.

I'm talking about radical beliefs that are being spread in the name of Feminism. Hope that makes more sense.

#10 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Ugh, I'm not properly explaining myself. The best comparison I can draw is when Black people go from fighting for rights to claiming to being a superior race and claiming the white man was an abomination created on an island by a crazed scientist.

I'm talking about radical beliefs that are being spread in the name of Feminism. Hope that makes more sense.

I know you're talking about a minority within the black population but that still sounds hella racist
  • mplsSOUL likes this

#11 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

wtf

#12 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

I know you're talking about a minority within the black population but that still sounds hella racist

Hahaha, I am black though. Nation of Islam guys approached me in my younger days to join them and I was later told by some of them share that belief.

The way I see it, trying to convince your gender, race or even culture into thinking you are superior can cause serious damage.

#13 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

This isn't a thread about feminism as a whole then... It's a thread about "radical" feminism?

#14 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

lmao let's not talk about feminism.
  • DJ Primate, ynqhead and James Frank. like this

#15 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

This isn't a thread about feminism as a whole then... It's a thread about "radical" feminism?

I guess that's more what I should have pointed out. I'm on the internet ALL the time, and I'm getting bombarded with it, it's become quite a trend. Most of the time it is mentioned it's in the radical sense too, and I'm not the guy who tries to move up girls on the train or shout a girl on road [though I'm not single anymore], but I've been basically getting the vibe from stuff I've read, that just looking at a women is a violation of personal space [be it just a glace], and just by being near a woman I don't know, makes me [in their mind] a potential rapist.

#16 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

lmao let's not talk about feminism.

My point exactly.

#17 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

• Shadeprint, GC90 and James Frank. like this

#18 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

I guess that's more what I should have pointed out. I'm on the internet ALL the time, and I'm getting bombarded with it, it's become quite a trend. Most of the time it is mentioned it's in the radical sense too, and I'm not the guy who tries to move up girls on the train or shout a girl on road [though I'm not single anymore], but I've been basically getting the vibe from stuff I've read, that just looking at a women is a violation of personal space [be it just a glace], and just by being near a woman I don't know, makes me [in their mind] a potential rapist.

The reason most women walk around with the fear of god in them is because most men, especially amongst the youth, are fucking animals. You have no idea what it's like to be a woman in today's culture and to think you're going to get some perspective by going to a message board with one semi active female contributor is asinine. Go talk to some women about why they feel they can't look most men in the eyes when they walk down the street. As a father of two young girls I truly fear the boys that they're going to have to experience in their lifetimes.
  • SwampThing and Shadeprint like this

#19 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSdSrCKp-8

Best video ever
  • mangoes cash likes this

#20 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

You have no idea what it's like to be a woman in today's culture and to think you're going to get some perspective by going to a message board with one semi active female contributor is asinine.

You are right, I don't. I guess the reason I brought it up here is because a lot of the more radical stuff I've only heard about online. I do talk about it outside of the internet, I just think I'm struggling to deal with the sudden identity as a potential monster.

#21 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

I just think I'm struggling to deal with the sudden identity as a potential monster.

I can understand that perspective since I used to hold it myself. Then I actually started seeing how most men in our society treat women on a daily basis and am now forever emphatic to their mindset. I know a guy who refers to every female he comes across as a 'cunt ass bitch', and that's not even a joke. I know a dude sitting in prison for the rest of his life because he kidnapped, raped and murdered a 19 year old drunk girl he found walking around Denver one night. Then three months later almost killed another woman after he beat the shit out of her, poured bleach all over her and her apartment and then set the place on fire. She was in a coma for two months only after she jumped out of a second story balcony. I know people like Travis Forbes are the exception and not the rule but when idiots like Tyler, The Creator rap and laugh about rape and molestation it desensitizes the youth to the idea that rape and murder are real things that shouldn't be joked about all the fucking time. Now put yourself in the shoes of a young attractive girl. Most guys are only interested in using her in some sexual way and that's displayed in all of the leering, jeering, and sometimes physical forms of unwanted touching, groping or what have you. Don't be upset that a small number of women look at men as potential attackers, be made at the evil men out there that prefer to act like boys instead of protecting and raising up the women in their lives and give the rest of us a bad rap while they're doing it.
  • Beatronome, Shadeprint and James Frank. like this

#22 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Don't be upset that a small number of women look at men as potential attackers, be mad at the evil men out there that prefer to act like boys instead of protecting and raising up the women in their lives and give the rest of us a bad rap while they're doing it.

• Shadeprint likes this

#23 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

sunny luvs the ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

the ladies luvs sunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DJ Primate and gEEchieDan like this

#25 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

So ... ummmm ... what point are we trying to drive here in this thread?

#26 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yeah I guess I might have quasi-raped this girl passing me on the street by looking at her a little too long.....but then again she was dressed like a quasi-prostitute!

#27 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

THIS THREAD IS JUST A REMINDER OF HOW BAD LIFE HAS GOTTEN AND WHY GOOD MUSIC IS NEEDED
  • Shadeprint likes this

#28 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

...but then again she was dressed like a quasi-prostitute!

Can you elaborate on quasi prostitute. What is that?

#29 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

someone who shows wrist and/or ankle
  • DJ Projexion and SunnyMeadowz like this

#30 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Meaning resembling a prostitute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users