#1 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hey guys,

Always get good advice on these boards, so i'm looking for some suggestions from you guys please.

I am looking to buy a good RPG / action-RPG for my new build PC. I am not so much into MMORPGs as I like a single player experience. There are a lot of games out there, but not sure what to spend my money on.

I really enjoyed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (the first one) a number of years back, and this is the type of game I would be interested in playing today.

So my wishlist would be the following:

1. Similar gameplay style to SW:KOTOR
2. 3rd Person Perspective
3. Not an MMORPG
4. Good graphics
5. Preferably a game that doesn't fall into the same old knights, wizards and goblins shtick (although not exclusively...so feel free to suggest any that are & are good)

Thanks guys.

#2 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,910 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Holy shit you posted somewhere besides the JJ DOOM thread. Good shit.
  • ynqhead likes this

#3 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Holy shit you posted somewhere besides the JJ DOOM thread. Good shit.

lol...Funny thing is, I was thinking of your previous comment as I posted this. Broadening my horizons :lol:
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#4 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Fallout: New Vegas is a favorite of mine. Even though the engine can be a bit awkward at times the game is fantastic and it's atmosphere and setting is definitely unique. Plays great on the PC. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are in the same category, except much more difficult. In my opinion at least. The game is a little more horror based, and is genuinely terrifying at points.
Mass Effect 1 and 2 are great, too -- they have a setting/atmosphere very similar to the KOTOR series with some great action. Never played the third.
Expeditions: Conquistadors is a bit of a throwback title, a new release with a very old school feel. It's not at all what you asked for but it's one of my favorites so I just wanted to mention it real quick. Don't sleep on it. It's great.

#5 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

3. Not an MMORPG
4. Good graphics
5. Preferably a game that doesn't fall into the same old knights, wizards and goblins shtick (although not exclusively...so feel free to suggest any that are & are good)

The Mass Effect games seem to fit this pretty well. They are better on PC if you have played on consoles (keyboard controls and graphics much better/stable).

#6 Beatronome

Beatronome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatronome

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

Skyrim, more action based than the previous Elder Scrolls. I think it has enough depth to try out and surpass the knights/wizards/goblins clichés.
Fallout 3, although I don't really like the 3rd person view in this one, it's a little 'off', plus it's basically a shooter.

#7 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

I'm amped up about Everquest Next ... shit's going to be amazing

#8 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

@Soulrebel, is it just me or does this intro song sound like "Mass Appeal"?

#9 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/shadeprint

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Just recently started Half-Life. Yeah, I've never played it before, I also love running old games on my machine because running in windowed mode with videos or music playing while browsing the internet is some serious boss shit.

#10 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

Just recently started Half-Life. Yeah, I've never played it before, I also love running old games on my machine because running in windowed mode with videos or music playing while browsing the internet is some serious boss shit.

Iam up to half life 2 episode 1

#11 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hey guys,

Always get good advice on these boards, so i'm looking for some suggestions from you guys please.

I am looking to buy a good RPG / action-RPG for my new build PC. I am not so much into MMORPGs as I like a single player experience. There are a lot of games out there, but not sure what to spend my money on.

I really enjoyed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (the first one) a number of years back, and this is the type of game I would be interested in playing today.

So my wishlist would be the following:

3. Not an MMORPG
4. Good graphics

Thanks guys.

You want to use my steam account ? I got bioshock 1 and 2, half 1,2,2.1,2.2, gta 4, max payne 1 and 2, tf1, tf2, counter strike source, system shock 2, left 4 dead 2, portal 1 and 2, gmod, gta ballad of gay tony, another gta forgot the name. And a few others

and of course JUST CAUSE 2

#12 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

Iam up to half life 2 episode 1

I just hope it isn't too drawn out, I've obviously heard endless good publicity of the series, but I just hope the hype hasn't overshadowed the product.

#13 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

I just hope it isn't too drawn out, I've obviously heard endless good publicity of the series, but I just hope the hype hasn't overshadowed the product.

The half-life games are incredible. Some of my favorite games. However, they've kind of lost some of their wonder in 2013. Don't get me wrong, the game is still really fun and definitely memorable, but a lot of the innovations the came with the Half-Life series and the Source engine have become standards since then, so some of the cool technology and gameplay mechanics introduced by the game can be overlooked pretty easily now. So if you want to be as blown away as everyone else, think about the context of the game's release as you play it. I still play them every onve in a while. The shotgun in HL2 is beautiful.

Also, STMBers, hit me up on steam. My username is Louis, Gran Dauphin

#14 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

Tbh I think the series is over hyped but still good. I liked half life 1 better then 2 though.

What are you up to ?

#15 Shadeprint

Shadeprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

What are you up to ?

Just started, I struggle to play games because I hate not doing anything productive. Even when I'm posting here I know I'm at least inadvertently advertising through my signature.

#16 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

the xen is the best part :0 have you fought the army yet ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users