#31 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

Am I the only person on this board that can openly admitt that I am addicted to caffeine? :ph34r:

shit I work in a coffee shop Jay, have for about 4 or 5 years now. I need my caffeine.

#32 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:58 AM

im not anti weed i used to smoke it alot. one day i got tired of it. meh i dont need to go thru my only life high id rather b thinking clear besides weed makes you kinda dumb :blink: i still like the smell of good weed tho.

oh oh, me too me too

#33 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

any1 else not taken any type of drugs?

i hope there is

#34 django

django

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:25 PM

well i really dont think weed makes you dumb

i just think you misinterpret dumb...

and for the acid/es/coke dude, it still dont mean you dont have to know yourself for that...most people do drugs for the wrong reasons (what i consider wrong..) imean, sure coke and alcohol are great social/party drug, weed and hallucenagenics (shroomz and acid, still not talking about salvia and dmt and etc) are more for the mind, for yourself
salvia and its friends are more extreme...theyre really drugs for the self, but not stuff you can actually function on..(i only smoked salvia but not the real thing, still to come)

anyway, each one and his own thing, and its hard to come up with your own thing since you gotta know youself first
thats why me starting to smoke at the age of 14 was a total mistake, lucky me i was enough mature not to take it to the dumb levels (unless you consider smokin 24 fuckin 7 a dumb ..) and music , art and skateboarding at least kept me occupied while smokin so i didnt end up JUST smokin and wastin my time on gettin high...and now what i do is get high and do something with myself (music..or graphics...skateboarding i barely have time and its not like old times)
anyway wow, i just keep on blabbin, that what you do when you DONT toke... :P::P

in the bottom line, dont do drugs for the wrong reasons, and then they will give you alot of benefit, and on the other side dont count on them to always do it for you :blink:

#35 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,506 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

in the bottom line, dont do drugs for the wrong reasons, and then they will give you alot of benefit, and on the other side dont count on them to always do it for you :blink:

but really though is there a right reason to do drugs? taking drugs to have a good time can not really be considerd a right reason,taking drugs to be creative is not a right reason,people take drugs cos the bottom line is they make you feel good and forget the world for a few hours you've always gotta come back to normality at some point though

#36 Dialog

Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:making music,crate diggin,traveling

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

i just threw my bong in the garage with the rest of my weed shit.

i guess i could have gave it away but fuck it i just wanted to get rid of it. as for weed not making u dumb c'mon man i used to smoke alot n it made me dumb. i c ppl after they smoke n they even look dumb. its affects your brain in a negative way. bottom line drugs are bad for your mind be it just a joint or a line or whatever. its sucks that it took me 5 years of chronic smoking to figure this out. now i feel so good not needing to smoke weed when i wake up or when i make beats. it was fun but i had to move on i know adults that still smoke asking their dealers for a joint spot :blink:

#37 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:47 PM

WORD ^^^

#38 Gniuz

Gniuz

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:56 PM

y'all need to drop by in holland.. weed aint a drug its a piece of culture :blink:

peace

#39 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

shit I work in a coffee shop Jay, have for about 4 or 5 years now. I need my caffeine.

wooo thats alot of energy!

i try to have a dew or two each day :blink:

#40 Just

Just

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

funny thing about coke: did you see that documentary called the corporation? they were talking about how coke invented fanta orange during wwII because they couldn't sell coke in germany. since the germans didn't know fanta was coke they'd buy it and coke could continue making $ during the war. ever since i saw that i've tried to avoid coke products.
they also talk about how ibm sold their early computers to the nazis to count prisoners in the camps. they showed receipts of ibm maintenance people going to the camp to repair the machines...

i love weed, and it does make me more creative, but i don't make better beats with it. alchohol works though and so does caffeine

You try to avoid coke products, because they sold their products to the german people during war?!
And they did not sell Fanta in Germany, because Cola was forbidden or something. It was not possible to produce Coke during War, because some of the ingredients were just not available due to the embargo. So the German Coke affiliate invented Fanta. The first one was made of whey, stuff that was available also during war.
and what's the point about selling computers to the nazis? would that have prevented what happened? most people did not know what happened in those camps.

scnr

back to the topic here:
I am usually having a joint when i make beats. i have the feeling I can concentrate more on the music stoned. allthough I agree, when I am stoned I sometimes can not convince myself to do things that take a lot of time, like copying a sample from the mpc to the pc to add some effects or some other editing that is not available on the mpc. I go like "hmm, is it worth the 10 minutes...nahhh..." :blink:
summarized, I have more good then bad experiences with making beats stoned. sometimes I have big plans for a night. like "i'll do 2 beats and later record a podcast" and when i look back the other morning I just did one beat and did not even touch the turntables to do the podcast...
And on other days I sit at the MPC for hours while smoking and get a lot things donel (that even sound good the next day :P )

PeacE

JUST

"Grass increases Creativity by 8 to11 times..so remember MARIHUANA"

#41 Dialog

Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

once u quit for a long time you realise how much it affects you. then you find out you dont need it. all of my friends still smoke minus a few and i hate to say that the ones that dont smoke are really acomplishing things in life and the others well :blink: i guess all im saying is being addicted to n e drug even weed can hold you back.

#42 Just

Just

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

once u quit for a long time you realise how much it affects you. then you find out you dont need it. all of my friends still smoke minus a few and i hate to say that the ones that dont smoke are really acomplishing things in life and the others well :blink: i guess all im saying is being addicted to n e drug even weed can hold you back.

I think, like django mentioned, i depends on the person. I have a good job, appartment with my girl and i can handle a lot, even though I smoke quiet often. And i have a friend that goes crazy on weed, like some do on speed. all the others just want to chill and he gets hectic and wants to do something ative...

But I plan to quit for a while, in a while...storys like yours convince me more and moe :P

#43 Urbaniak

Urbaniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

i dont get it... how the fuck can people make beats while stoned.. or even worse, why DO they want to do it ? i smoke to get fucked up.. and when im fucked up i cant do nothing haha!

You are 12

#44 Urbaniak

Urbaniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

No question man

#45 Dialog

Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

im not trying to down on anyone im just speaking from life experiences. i got nothing against smokers but i do have something againts unproductive ppl that spend all their time taking drugs n doing nothing. butt out your doobies n get with the program :blink:

#46 git

git

Merkin' ferals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

i have the feeling I can concentrate more on the music stoned.

for me it helps creatively only marginally. Though it does mean hours fly by working on only a few seconds of audio. If i'd have been sober i'd have given up within 20 mins and walked away, another unfinished tune.

As for drugs/additives generally, it's the old biological lottery, affects each person in a different way...it ain't for everyone..

#47 Dialog

Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

this is true but its still bad for your health regardless even if you think you get really creative or it mellows you out. its still a drug your still smoking and smoke is hazerdous to your health. to each his own tho.

#48 3 Degrees of Parker Posey

3 Degrees of Parker Posey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

You try to avoid coke products, because they sold their products to the german people during war?!
And they did not sell Fanta in Germany, because Cola was forbidden or something. It was not possible to produce Coke during War, because some of the ingredients were just not available due to the embargo. So the German Coke affiliate invented Fanta. The first one was made of whey, stuff that was available also during war.
and what's the point about selling computers to the nazis? would that have prevented what happened? most people did not know what happened in those camps.

wasn't dissing the german people. i'm saying, why were american companies doing business with nazi germany? was cola 'forbidden or something' because of it's association with american culture? the ibm people knew it wasn't a co-ed summer sports camp

#49 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

U ASKIN' for a heart attack????? :mellow: :lol:

hey, at least i could maybe sue :lol: :lol: :lol:

#50 Just

Just

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:24 AM

.... i'm saying, why were american companies doing business with nazi germany? ...

May I quote Mr Jancey here?

"Gotta go and get the money..."

:mellow:

PeacE

JUST

#51 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:00 AM

this is true but its still bad for your health regardless even if you think you get really creative or it mellows you out. its still a drug your still smoking and smoke is hazerdous to your health. to each his own tho.

Shit even getting up in the morning these days is hazardous to your health. Go and read the Darwin Awards, several volumes of books about over-productive people meeting an early demise. Not too many of them by the way died while being home, stoned and making beats.

It's all about MODERATION. Anything is hazardous for your health if you overuse. Think about it, if you smoke weed every day, eat junk food every day, alcohol, tylenol, nyquil, whatever. Shit, I'm addicted to sunlight but that doesn't mean sitting out in it 24/7 is gonna be good for me. And if your not strong willed and don't have the self discipline to do it in moderation, then that's a personal issue that has absolutely shit to do with the green plant.

#52 greeny_green

greeny_green

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

I don't get it. Everyone on this board listens to Madlib and Dilla, probably other dudes like Premo, Alchemist etc. Lots of you are listening to old shit like Hendrix, P-funk and all kinds of other groups from the sixties and seventies. So why the need to debate whether weed aids musical creativity. Most of you got the evidence right there in your crates at home. Have you all been brainwashed by 30 years of the war on drugs or something?

#53 Dialog

Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:46 AM

i used to be a pot head :angry:

#54 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

i think i just re-became one.

#55 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

I don't get it. Everyone on this board listens to Madlib and Dilla, probably other dudes like Premo, Alchemist etc. Lots of you are listening to old shit like Hendrix, P-funk and all kinds of other groups from the sixties and seventies. So why the need to debate whether weed aids musical creativity. Most of you got the evidence right there in your crates at home. Have you all been brainwashed by 30 years of the war on drugs or something?

i think its more the fact that most of them have used and abused drugs and prefer a sober life, theres plenty of artists who admit that its harder to produce while on drugs. Im sure everyone here knows the difference between the truth and propaganda against drugs, because no one on this board is dumb. No Illegal drug is good for you in the long run, I used to smoke at least 3 times a day everyday and it made me lazy and dumb, now i try and keep my smoking to once or twice a week, aswell as keeping it strictly social. Personally it dosnt matter if i am stoned or straight if i dont wanna make a beat i know within trying for a few minutes

#56 Dialog

Dialog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

i dont mind ppl that smoke a joint to unwind n relax but i dislike pot heads that say u should legalize weed carry picket signs have dreadlocks and poor hygene. :( you know the ones at the coffee shop bragging about their new 10 foot bong speaking in a annoying stoner tone with their eyes half shut. some ppl that smoke weed are just normal ppl but some take it to the extreme like they have to show off their drug habbit. if some person wants to smoke a joint after work or some shit thats cool but the potheads that protest and just plain over do it i dont really care for.

#57 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

but some take it to the extreme like they have to show off their drug habbit.

similar thoughts came to mind when i saw the name greeny_green, like why do you have to promote it?

#58 ntw1212

ntw1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:50 AM

one thing thing that is cool since i cut down smoking is that now when i do smoke, which is vary occasionally, i have a much lower tolerance so i can just take a hit or two and be really f#!$d up

#59 greeny_green

greeny_green

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

similar thoughts came to mind when i saw the name greeny_green, like why do you have to promote it?

No need to diss. Had to pick a user name, and that was the first name that popped in to my head. It's actually taken from a Goodie Mob track (forget the name, or maybe that is the name of it- pot's killing my memory). Plus it has a double meaning. Anyways, I'm not trying to promote it, but I know lots of smokers that are doing plenty with their lives. I think a lot of people cut back on their smoking when they hit their mid-twenties, then start doing something with their lives, and assume it's all because they stopped smoking. But really, they're just maturing, which probably would have happened even if they kept smoking.
And it's not like your name isn't promoting something a little harder- cocaine blunts anyone?

#60 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

No need to diss. Had to pick a user name, and that was the first name that popped in to my head. It's actually taken from a Goodie Mob track (forget the name, or maybe that is the name of it- pot's killing my memory). Plus it has a double meaning. Anyways, I'm not trying to promote it, but I know lots of smokers that are doing plenty with their lives. I think a lot of people cut back on their smoking when they hit their mid-twenties, then start doing something with their lives, and assume it's all because they stopped smoking. But really, they're just maturing, which probably would have happened even if they kept smoking.
And it's not like your name isn't promoting something a little harder- cocaine blunts anyone?

yeah i agree with what your saying, and its not like i dont smoke and am totally against weed. But obviously someone can look at your screen name and avatar and know that you smoke weed, which cant be said about anyone else on this board(could be wrong on that) hence the promoting. And ive never heard of someone calling a cocaine blunt hot cocoa, but i was referring to the drink when i made that name. Not trying to get into a big argument because like i said i smoke weed too, its just that its a part of my life that i think should be kept somewhat private and shouldn't be flaunted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users