Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:My Ganja, Oranges, Coffee
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/head-jamz

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

So I got mine in the mail yesterday, opened it up, and the label on the record said "Exclusive A-list DJ's Only Test Pressing", I'm just wonderin' if that's on all the records? I'm thinkin' it does.

#92 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

So I got mine in the mail yesterday, opened it up, and the label on the record said "Exclusive A-list DJ's Only Test Pressing", I'm just wonderin' if that's on all the records? I'm thinkin' it does.

They've been pressing all The Madlib/Gibbs joints with those labels. Makes you feel special huh?
  • GC90 likes this

#93 Crystal Joker

Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

They've been pressing all The Madlib/Gibbs joints with those labels. Makes you feel special huh?

If was a real test press yeah, but makes no difference I got mine

#94 Crystal Joker

Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

#95 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Not from the Madlib project, but this Freddie track on GTAV is fun to listen to while shooting dudes

#96 grizz grizzlebee

grizz grizzlebee

Crusty Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Gibbs' flow is better than most any other rapper out. If you can't relate to or don't enjoy gangsta rap, well there's always Odd Future or Indie rock or whatever - you'll probably not be swayed over to hood lyrics at this point. But if you like the street shit then you know he's not trash...

#97 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Gibbs' flow is better than most any other rapper out. If you can't relate to or don't enjoy gangsta rap, well there's always Odd Future or Indie rock or whatever - you'll probably not be swayed over to hood lyrics at this point. But if you like the street shit then you know he's not trash...

LISTEN to THIS MAN!

#98 flowmontana71

flowmontana71

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

'Ups and Downs'......

Sick.........

I said it before and I'll say it again.....

The Madlib is a genius........

(I think this track was also used in the 'Beats Rhymes and Life' movie/score...)

https://soundcloud.com/fm71
'Champion of the Lo-Fi Sound....'

#99 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

Ups and down is dope. Made me go back and listen to my Little brother LP too!

#100 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

check this out, i found it on the itunes looking this album up and laughed out loud at this guy's stupidity.

Posted Image

#101 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

#102 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

My grandma once got up at a Karaoke bar and sang 'If you like bean enchiladas' because she seriously thought those were the words of the song.

Henceforth, the The Madlib/Gobbs project will be referred to as 'Bean Enchilada' in my mind...

#103 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

I heard a rumor this project was originally called "Cocaine Bean Enchilada"
  • James Frank. likes this

#104 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Casa Bonita?
  • GC90 likes this

#105 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

Casa Bonita?

#106 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

On a semi-related note to this thread, does anyone know why it's hard to buy a copy of the Shame 12" these days? Every place seems to be out of stock, noticed UGHH was only place that had one so I bought it fast the other day. Seems like Thuggin is easier to find and it's older. Had always planned on picking up Shame but fell off the radar until checking out Terrorist again a few nights ago. Got the Deeper EP sent my way last week, so the collection is complete.

Can't wait for Pinata to finally come out, all the unreleased stuff sounds amazing.

ps: Casa Bonita is def top 3 South Park episodes for me lol

#107 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

ps: Casa Bonita is def top 3 South Park episodes for me lol

the real place is a shit hole lol, i don't know how it's still even a business. imagine going into a dilapidated pink castle with a drained fountain outside and a dollar mart right next to it. then you go in and navigate the labyrinth of corrugated steel and...ceramic infrastructure to pay like $15 per plate of either choice A or B, plus another $10-15 for tokens at the arcade and whatever. then you go down this weird snaky line thing and get led up to a haphazardly cleaned booth with tears in it from knives and gang insignia scratched on the table as your waiter just kinda leaves for twenty minutes...then you raise the little flag thing when you want sopapillas or the check, but it's hard to talk because in the background there's some asshole in a pirate costume doing some terrible acting for the kids until the good guy pirate makes him fall down the waterfall into the pool a floor below.

then after your delicious meal, you head to Black Bart's cave and plug your ears because the shitty parents going in before you let their kids and all their friends scream at the top of their lungs obnoxiously throughout the entire attraction, which for some reason ends going inside a staircase decorated to look like a happy dragon's mouth...then it's off to the piñata, where more young children scrounge the dirty floors for unwrapped candy cause no one really cares anymore.

oh, and if you're fun meter is still on "wowzers" mode you can go up the other other stairs to the arcade, and play a half-broken Galaga game, some mostly broken ski-ball games, or even some fancy racing games from 1997...that is, unless one of the kids in there shits his pants and the smell prompts everyone to leave for a while. there's also this looped video clip at the bottom of a well near the dining area of this green guy that looks like Jambi, and he used to scare the shit out of me as a little kid...and yeah, that's pretty much it. then you leave and hit up the medical marijuana dispensary right across the street to alleviate the stress of realizing you wasted fifty bucks on a business that clearly has given up and is just waiting to be demolished for a Wal-Mart to take its place or something. it's a fun day, i recommend it to everyone. they'll even take your picture without asking on their cell phones and post it to Facebook under their "happy customers" album until you make them take it down, it's a great time.
  • SunnyMeadowz, GC90 and Chason like this

#108 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

I know the original run of 'Thuggin'' 12" had Gibbs' name spelled wrong on the cover so I assume more were pressed up then the other ones and thus more stock still floating around. I also remember 'Shame' getting lots of love all over teh Internetz so that might explain why they're getting harder to find.

#109 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

i was in gary indiana last month shit is mad depressing yo! big up to gibbs
  • SwampThing likes this

#110 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

the real place is a shit hole lol, i don't know how it's still even a business. imagine going into a dilapidated pink castle with a drained fountain outside and a dollar mart right next to it. then you go in and navigate the labyrinth of corrugated steel and...ceramic infrastructure to pay like $15 per plate of either choice A or B, plus another $10-15 for tokens at the arcade and whatever. then you go down this weird snaky line thing and get led up to a haphazardly cleaned booth with tears in it from knives and gang insignia scratched on the table as your waiter just kinda leaves for twenty minutes...then you raise the little flag thing when you want sopapillas or the check, but it's hard to talk because in the background there's some asshole in a pirate costume doing some terrible acting for the kids until the good guy pirate makes him fall down the waterfall into the pool a floor below.

then after your delicious meal, you head to Black Bart's cave and plug your ears because the shitty parents going in before you let their kids and all their friends scream at the top of their lungs obnoxiously throughout the entire attraction, which for some reason ends going inside a staircase decorated to look like a happy dragon's mouth...then it's off to the piñata, where more young children scrounge the dirty floors for unwrapped candy cause no one really cares anymore.

oh, and if you're fun meter is still on "wowzers" mode you can go up the other other stairs to the arcade, and play a half-broken Galaga game, some mostly broken ski-ball games, or even some fancy racing games from 1997...that is, unless one of the kids in there shits his pants and the smell prompts everyone to leave for a while. there's also this looped video clip at the bottom of a well near the dining area of this green guy that looks like Jambi, and he used to scare the shit out of me as a little kid...and yeah, that's pretty much it. then you leave and hit up the medical marijuana dispensary right across the street to alleviate the stress of realizing you wasted fifty bucks on a business that clearly has given up and is just waiting to be demolished for a Wal-Mart to take its place or something. it's a fun day, i recommend it to everyone. they'll even take your picture without asking on their cell phones and post it to Facebook under their "happy customers" album until you make them take it down, it's a great time.

lol thanks for this. Now I need to visit someday for better or worse to get the real Casa Bonita experience.

I know the original run of 'Thuggin'' 12" had Gibbs' name spelled wrong on the cover so I assume more were pressed up then the other ones and thus more stock still floating around. I also remember 'Shame' getting lots of love all over teh Internetz so that might explain why they're getting harder to find.

Yeah I hadn't thought about the correction print maybe leading to more of them being available. I was figuring someone might have complained about a sample on the Shame 12" maybe.

#111 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

i think the Shame 12" got snatched up a lot quicker because of the acapellas...that's why i bought it when it first came out.

#112 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

WTF? There are some cats selling 'Shame' 12" for $120+.

#113 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

WTF? There are some cats selling 'Shame' 12" for $120+.

lol yeah, that's why I got spooked and tried to find a normal priced copy asap. Hooray for ughh

#114 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

the only way i'd pay $120 for that 12" is if the lips on the cover gave me a BJ.
  • DJ Primate, SunnyMeadowz, GC90 and 1 other like this

#115 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

A few weeks ago The People of Discogs were selling Earth Sounds (beat konducta 0) for $50.00. It's now at a respectable $20.00...I'm sure the Shame ep price will drop very low very soon.

#116 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

A few weeks ago The People of Discogs were selling Earth Sounds (beat konducta 0) for $50.00. It's now at a respectable $20.00...I'm sure the Shame ep price will drop very low very soon.

Funny you mention this, also picked up ughh's last copy of BK0 because of that. I had ordered it from ST years ago and it came warped (which they replaced with Donuts) then I totally forgot I didn't own a good copy of it until looking at Discogs lol

#117 NickleBanks

NickleBanks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

Discogs 'sales history' reveals that the highest it's ever traded at is $21.22 Canadian ($20.30 USD).

#118 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

Discogs 'sales history' reveals that the highest it's ever traded at is $21.22 Canadian ($20.30 USD).

Someone needs to reach across their broadband and slap that cat selling it for $120 on Discogs.

#119 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

Holy shit

#120 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Posted Image
  • GC90 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users