336 replies to this topic

#121 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

You are entitled to your opinion but there is nothing innovative about this album. Nothing dropped since Late Registration from the dude.

This album was and is shit. People have been getting on a mic and muttering bullshit for a long time. He does not push any boundaries other than unmasking his latent, well you know.

#122 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

85 out of 100 score:
http://www.metacriti...ezus/kanye-west

That's really good. I'm still loving this album. If Black Skinhead doesn't make you want to nuke the planet, then you are a calm lame.

#123 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

This album was and is shit.

...yeah, we got it. i have an opinion just like you do, that's the whole point of these threads, to discuss topics amongst people with differing opinions; not "everyone listen to the gospel of MWBoogie because he's right and we're all wrong cause we're stupider than him".

you know, something about this MWBoogie dude is starting to look pretty suspicious to me. i can understand not liking anything new that's come out, and having general criticisms about the industry that bring up good points-- but it seems like since this dude started posting it's just been a constant barrage of fucking nay-saying, negativity and "i'm better than you because my taste in music is amazing and you're all retarded so let me condescend down to your level to tell you all how much you suck". it's starting to make me think that he's either: a ) a troll, or b ) just a very pessimistic, unpleasant dude to be around. in either case, i think the bots should keep an eye on him or something, cause it's getting pretty fucking annoying when i login on here and see that he's responded poorly to one of my posts every time i type one. just move on if you don't agree; i get it.

#124 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

No problem player. You are partially right. We agree on very little, musically. However, I did not wish to come off condescendingly. As far as your assertion that my posts seem negative in nature- that is a fair assessment. I did not mean to focus on your posts-but here we are discussing a record where some African American dude rises up to fame and shamelessly flaunts his newly found wealth wearing black colored and themed garments stitched by high profile designers and then complains on an on that he is being misunderstood and that corporatism has overtaken the cultural landscape. Are you following along? He opened his career by rapping about how he understand the plight of his beautiful black sisters and goes on to make dance tracks and continue to boast about his money. Or did I lose you somehow? I don't see what you have misunderstood from my previous posts.

The guy starts out claiming his backpacker roots and then chooses to play the rock star role but only knows how to rap and play a keyboard. Then he steals a bunch of music, but he is infallible I guess- continuously attacks religion in his albums not just as a petulant child but as someone who is really allowing himself to be a conduit for shameful imagery.

#125 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

No problem player. You are partially right. We agree on very little, musically. However, I did not wish to come off condescendingly. As far as your assertion that my posts seem negative in nature- that is a fair assessment. I did not mean to focus on your posts-but here we are discussing a record where some African American dude rises up to fame and shamelessly flaunts his newly found wealth wearing black colored and themed garments stitched by high profile designers and then complains on an on that he is being misunderstood and that corporatism has overtaken the cultural landscape.

fair enough, man. i can always respect someone that backs their statements/thoughts up with logical arguments, whether or not i agree with them. at least we can both agree on the fact that the '90s era of hip-hop really was the shit haha.

#126 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

No problem player. You are partially right. We agree on very little, musically. However, I did not wish to come off condescendingly. As far as your assertion that my posts seem negative in nature- that is a fair assessment. I did not mean to focus on your posts-but here we are discussing a record where some African American dude rises up to fame and shamelessly flaunts his newly found wealth wearing black colored and themed garments stitched by high profile designers and then complains on an on that he is being misunderstood and that corporatism has overtaken the cultural landscape. Are you following along? He opened his career by rapping about how he understand the plight of his beautiful black sisters and goes on to make dance tracks and continue to boast about his money. Or did I lose you somehow? I don't see what you have misunderstood from my previous posts.

The guy starts out claiming his backpacker roots and then chooses to play the rock star role but only knows how to rap and play a keyboard. Then he steals a bunch of music, but he is infallible I guess- continuously attacks religion in his albums not just as a petulant child but as someone who is really allowing himself to be a conduit for shameful imagery.

We probably have a different conception and understanding of Kanye. But he never was silent about his fashion sense and spening money. Not even once. It was always more or less a theme of his albums on at least one track. Kanye knows about this. He can also never go back to his back pack time, he moved on and his growth as a person and artist absolutely prevents this from happening. This guy shouldn't even try and go back, he pushed his music with every album release, always taking it to the next step. Kanye's discography is one of the most interesting in rap history. He is easily one of the most influential artists right now.

Kanye is also right with his New Slaves statement. Listen to the lyrics for once and not write them off because Kanye raps them.
  • DJ Primate and D'MosPhree like this

#127 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

conduit for shameful imagery.

That's just flowery rhetoric. What does this even mean?

#128 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

With regard to his lyrics, they do seem to be anti-religious. Certainly, he opens himself up to many channels of promotion through anti-religious expression. He seems to be doing more than flirting and simply being provocative. He probably knows that he cannot cut an album without doing these sorts of things.

He is the male version of madonna.

#129 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

With regard to his lyrics, they do seem to be anti-religious. Certainly, he opens himself up to many channels of promotion through anti-religious expression. He seems to be doing more than flirting and simply being provocative. He probably knows that he cannot cut an album without doing these sorts of things.

He is the male version of madonna.

Hilarious. I am no Yeezuz expert, but as far as anti religious, what is "Yeezuz" but a play on Jesus? And remember Jesus walks and, I am pretty sure Kanye has rocked a few Jesus pieces.

#130 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Niqqas shouldnt mock Christ. if they are religious--they are really poking their nose at the good religious folk-especialy the good Church going black folk. I assure you he has not been religious--Yeezus is his attempt to annoy organized religion. I do not think that wearing the Jesus piece is indicative of one's leading a life under Jesus Christ: Jay Z is no Christian.

#131 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hm.
Not sure i want to touch this one. But Jesus Walks, I think is pretty pro Christian.

#132 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

That is what I thought back then: It was just a song. Co-written by another rapper Kanye knew from his older days. The interpretation came through his video. Roc a fella records dished out the funds for a second video and the imagery gets kind of weird taking it kind of out of the religious purview. Usually, Jesus dont get much love by the record execs.

I'm just guessing like you are. Dude has a weird relationship with some weird girl and a kid by her. You never seen her talking about religion.

#133 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Niqqas shouldnt mock Christ. if they are religious--they are really poking their nose at the good religious folk-especialy the good Church going black folk. I assure you he has not been religious--Yeezus is his attempt to annoy organized religion. I do not think that wearing the Jesus piece is indicative of one's leading a life under Jesus Christ: Jay Z is no Christian.

seriously bringing religion into this? Foh
  • D'MosPhree likes this

#134 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Well, someone brought up Jesus pieces why not let me drop some gospel?

New Stank Order gentleman. Hoe Cakes aint the only thing being served up dese days.

#135 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

What the hell is going on in this thread.
  • DJ Projexion and James Frank. like this

#136 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#137 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

There is meaning in symbology. I guess you do not consider the meaning behind such things.

#138 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

There is meaning in symbology. I guess you do not consider the meaning behind such things.

Posted Image

#139 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

The artist is terrible and conveying odd messages my man.

#140 Haef

Haef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/haef

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

I dont get how he can make songs like Black skinhead and attempt to be politically relevant or spit conscious bars, and then on the same album do this cliche "I'm a god" bullshit and talk about his material status and how amazing he is.

#141 Tackler

Tackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

shit is complicated with kanye cause he brings up some good points, but he also sees himself as if hes pushing new boundaries and crafting the future of hip hop sound. Theres way better dudes out there pushing hip hop music towards a more evolved direction. People like Teebs, Flying Lotus, KNX, the whole Low End Theory group who put on a weekly event and have even expanded across the ocean to bring music on a global stage. Kendrick Lamar brought back westcoast rap with funky samples and shed a new light on living in poverty. Making people strive to better themselves and the messages he spread like where the recording of his dad is telling him what "keeping it real" really means. What has kanye really done for humanity other than the college dropout, late registration, and graduation. Hes out there selling white tees for $100 instead of making affordable shoes that look good. This guys a fucken clown. I respect him as a artist but hes a peice of shit human being. Hes a corporation front. He makes one good song, New Slaves, then months later is working on a remix with Miley Cyrus. He says he wasnt going to sell any of his songs to corporations for marketing because this album wasnt for radio it was for the people, but weeks later i hear Black Skinheads on the trailer of a movie. His drums are wack throughout the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T0fMkZoMo#t=13

#142 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hes out there selling white tees for $100 instead of making affordable shoes that look good. This guys a fucken clown.

Great post. I did not know that there were people that still thought this way. People seem to have no problem buying fetishized tennis shoes by Jordan worth 200 dollars and call that hip-hop. I thought I was crazy thinking that exhibition is stupid. I still recall famous lines from De La Soul denouncing such hedonistic attempts at looking cool.

As for Kanye and his music being used for trailers--it drives me kind of nuts. It is not something that I am used to by a hip hop producer. It obvious,y gives you an idea of how very much his music sucks and that the movie will suck. I was overly sickened by the shine he got in the Dodge commercials wanting to throw a shoe through the tv every time I heard that song. The same goes for that DiCaprio movie that he attached his song to like a virus. I am uncertain how people do not see this as a personal affront to their taste and sensibility. Most people are unbothered by such things I suppose.

Why should anyone respect themselves; their career; or art form anymore. You are only a brand--and you have your price.

#143 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

If anyone saw his most recent BBC interview, his arrogance is at a very high level. I guess seeing his success levels his ego is very humongous. Kind of annoyingly so.

#144 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'd venture to say that he has some kind of disorder, but that would not be fair to people with disorders who live normal lives. I have a hard time believing that he is straight. He wont be able to hide his man desires much longer. One thing about that closet--it has a lot of voices. Its a funny funny world that he hangs out in. His relationships have oddly resembled beards, too. Just compare them to Tom Cruise and others' significant others. Its bad enough that you get with a dude like this but then to watch him go with dudes must be pretty hard for someone like his overly made-up and surgically enhanced dime-piece to take.

#145 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I think there are plenty of guys like him in history. Very often, men in power, who like people telling them that they have done anything wrong, but that they can do no wrong, might kind of go over board.

For instance, he just had a twitter rant because Jimmy Kimmel, had a little of fun at his expense, over said BB interview.

http://nextimpulsesp...mmel-right-now/

#146 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Damn how does his ass get 70K retweets. and so many favorites. What a whack ass invention twitter is. What some limp ass brotha says is so irrelevant. He needs to go hold a handbag and hold hands with Pharell.

#147 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

somebody's jealous. y'all sound like some gossippy ass women up in here.
  • DJ Projexion and D'MosPhree like this

#148 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

Kimmel Bit

Kimmel Response

#149 ras dude

ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, podcasts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

Here's a pretty legit review of this album

#150 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Sheiky say: "Kanye no good n#gger! He eat dick nightly and like @ssfuck from good jewish business man like that hooker hoe Paris Hilton. He was humbled by gay fag designer. He blacker than that camel Gay Z who buttf2ck man named Bee once. She look like my sh!t was gang fu3cked by manager Slick. Kanye de worst m3therfucker jabroni, I no give him one cent for his bullsh3t music. Only time I listen was when I do the koakain with Bernie Mac the gentleman. F#ck you Kanye--you dress like fagg3t. I no make fun of you wife and children--but I f#ck you wife's sister with my ten-inch cock. Late Registration was your last album and ever since you suck the didick!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users