#61 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Dope, thanks for the info JJ!
Yeah Best of MS might not be the most worthwhile purchase for me personally but damn it the sleeve's just so nice.

#62 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

Madlibís Rock Konducta Vol. 1 LP is slated for December 2013 release. More info to come.

http://www.rappcats....b-black-window/

#63 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

holy flipping shit. a (tentative, I know) release date for a Madlib project? Gotta go check the thermostat in hell, scan the skies for pigs.

Black Widow...along with every track on the "45", which is still in heavy rotation... is straight up fire. when the madlib flips 60's prog and psych wonderful things happen. But lmao wasn't this supposed to be a zamrock thing? "The Rock Konducta's primary inspiration comes from Africa's vibrant rock scene in the 1970's." Curious stuff since this is definitely 60's Brit stuff on this track. of course that's only part of it.

Not that I'm complaining at all, even one little bit. Brain Wreck Show was my favorite of the MMS mixes and Every SINGLE track off of this so far has been killer. and "Vol. 1", huh? No longer a part of the BK series? Will there be many more Vol. to come? Maybe disappointingly short tracklist? Intriguing questions.
  • Fake Krills and MWBOOGIE like this

#64 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

"Vol. 1", huh? No longer a part of the BK series? Will there be many more Vol. to come? Maybe disappointingly short tracklist? Intriguing questions.

I'm assuming the "vol .1" means that this is gonna be released/treated like his traditional Beat Konducta albums on Stones Throw. Two volumes and maybe an extra 45. But what do I know...
  • GC90 likes this

#65 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

yeah classic reading too much into it, but the other BK albums were all "Beat Konducta Vol. ---", which BK in Africa didn't subscribe to since it was a part of the medicine show series and I guess it would have been confusing... "MMS #3 BK Vol 7-8: BK in Africa" is a little much even for the collector/graphic design nerds like myself who love the numbering and all that.

I would have thought it'd be "BK Vol. 9: Rock Konducta" or something. But I'm sure you're right, probably just means there will be 2 LPs stretched out over a year or something.

#66 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,102 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Though I agree with ynqhead about this most likely getting the two volume treatment; I can see why they would go back to 1 & 2 with these though seeing that they ain't BK releases per se but the beginning of the ROCK Konducta series. Damn, writing that reminded me about the two tracks PBW put on that ST podcast at the start of 2012 or was that 2011? Now I'm confused and I'm on my cell whilst dropping a deuce so I'm too lazy to do a simple google search...

#67 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I see what y'all mean now. And I do remember the two tracks off that pb wolf podcast, theres a link above.

Illuminati Post# 666

#68 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

ha way back in 2011, when jonti was called danimals and J. Rocc was spinning Avalanche.

also Rock Konducta?
Where's Jay Optic at now? He will eat his words.

#69 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

tbh that was the last podcast I listened to. It's hard for me to get excited about digital music.

#70 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

had an argument with a friend last night,he was saying people really dont like these latest rock konduckta beats!!! they are average at best in his opinion, and the only reason we are excited is because its madlib and are on his jock.

i admitted that some of his beats are average but he touches all boundaries so alot of his beats, only extreme crate diggers and music lovers of alot of genres will dig more (i think he wants it this way). im a crate/edigger!!!! appreciate this mans work!

bottom line to appreciate what Otis Jr does you have to have an open mind, if you come into it with a closed mind (looking for the boom bap all the time) u will miss out!

#71 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

I think people who aren't familiar with Madlib or only have a casual acquaintance with his work will never be the first ones to say they like something new he does. I remember back when BK in India came out and I was bumping it a lot, the majority of my friends thought I had gone insane. Said the same shit as your friend! Lib puts a lot of thought and intelligence and subtlety into tracks, and sometimes you gotta pay attention on your first listen to fully appreciate. Plus I agree, he's a real "For Obscure Music Lovers, By Obscure Music Lovers" artist, and your average Top 40 buddy or even your casual underground and/or Madlib fan will not appreciate it as quickly. Once again it's not Lootpack sound, not even that mid-2000's sound. Those who are well acquainted with Madlib's prog/psych flips will inevitably be more excited about this album.

That said, I'm not an indiscriminate fanatic. There's been plenty (well some) stuff he's done in the past couple years I've said "eh" to (especially on the first listen). But the prospect of the Madlib doing a full instrumental album is incredibly exciting (hasn't been one since... the bonus disc on MS #11 if that counts, which was amazing) and I've been fuckin smitten with every track so far. Black Widow? that shit is amazing, not average. must have listened to it 20 times since yesterday. The last few medicine shows always felt more like samplers of Madlib's back-catalog to me, and THIS feels like innovation, like he's moving forward into Future Madlib!
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#72 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

BLACK WIDOW!

Posted Image
  • ynqhead, SwampThing, GC90 and 1 other like this

#73 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

yep GREAT POST! Most of the madlib stuff i dig now took years before i finally relistened to and got blown away, but after first listen i was like, "yeah thats pretty cool" and went to the next shit! It took me digging and coming up on rare shit to fully apreciate alot of this mans work! but now i get it! and now that im a huge fan of prog it gets me even more amped up for this release!

#74 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

the Brain Wreck tape has been in heavy rotation. Can't wait for Dec!

#75 flowmontana71

flowmontana71

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I think people who aren't familiar with Madlib or only have a casual acquaintance with his work will never be the first ones to say they like something new he does. I remember back when BK in India came out and I was bumping it a lot, the majority of my friends thought I had gone insane. Said the same shit as your friend! Lib puts a lot of thought and intelligence and subtlety into tracks, and sometimes you gotta pay attention on your first listen to fully appreciate. Plus I agree, he's a real "For Obscure Music Lovers, By Obscure Music Lovers" artist, and your average Top 40 buddy or even your casual underground and/or Madlib fan will not appreciate it as quickly. Once again it's not Lootpack sound, not even that mid-2000's sound. Those who are well acquainted with Madlib's prog/psych flips will inevitably be more excited about this album.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said.....totally agree.....

https://soundcloud.com/fm71
Real Hip-Hop!!!!!

#76 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, I've been checking out the influences and samples for Brain Wreck recently, so thats how I've come across a lot of his other samples. It definitely molds an ear for his Rock Konducta sound. I dont think I've ever came across an artist who's "made" me keep up with his tastes to appreciate his other works. Bravo The Madlib!
  • Fake Krills likes this

#77 Fake Krills

Fake Krills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Brain Wreck is such an incredible tape. I always felt it was so underrated but after reading this thread i guess it does get some love! i've finally starting posting a lot around here because of my love for all things Madlib. This time of year (summer into fall into winter) always has me listening to nothing but madlib. can't wait for Rock Konducta
  • Dirty Cyclist likes this

#78 Yvon

Yvon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

Madlib Live Dates, late 2013
Oct 19: Madlib on Boilerroom.tv

Anyone saw this on the rappcats ? Shit, I think that line wasn't there yesterday. Best news of the day.

#79 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

It has been posted somewhere around the forums, I recall seeing it.
I'd give my <insert object/body part here> to go to any Boiler Room event, not to mention one being konducted by Madlib!!!

#80 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Brain Wreck is such an incredible tape. I always felt it was so underrated but after reading this thread i guess it does get some love! i've finally starting posting a lot around here because of my love for all things Madlib. This time of year (summer into fall into winter) always has me listening to nothing but madlib. can't wait for Rock Konducta

I've been listening to a lot of Madlib latley as well, but I felt the need to branch out... so I listen the
original works that he has sampled.
  • gEEchieDan and Fake Krills like this

#81 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

The Pill Jar LP is out. Dope artwork, being pressed on white vinyl here in the US... But (in the US) only available at Urban Outfitters? for 25 bills? with nary a mention on ST.com (yet)? Makes me think this one isn't for the real fans, despite the awesome sleeve and it's "limited edition" status. Plus 7 of the 20 tracks are from MMS #3.

On another note, HHV has Rock Konducta Vol. 1 listed for a December 20th release date, and 360vinyl has it for a Dec. 10th release date.

3 updates in one day? Surely that's a record for Rappcats.

#82 GC90

GC90

waxramble / Discogs / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

Anyone want to buy Pill Jar and send the cover my way????? :lol:

#83 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'm copping Pill Jar strictly for the cover. That shit is IlL!!!!!

#84 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

Black Widow wants you to do the pre - order dance:

http://www.fatbeats....ducta-part-1-lp

#85 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

aside from the 2011 podcast, which had me writing this project off as never-happening anyway, we're talking only 7 months from the first announcement of this to the release date. felt like 3 months. time flies when you have the madlib hunger. ready to shell out dough right now, that Benji B show has gotten me good and hyped, but will probably wait for a ST/Rappcats option. 26 tracks though...exciting shit.

#86 quikfit

quikfit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Check Now Again/Egon's instagram....

#87 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Ordering the moment this hits rappcats.

#88 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

The Madlib and Egon keep me broke. #cycleofpoverty

#89 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

29 tracks now... "verrrry soon" aint soon enough!
The release is like a week away, where's that pre-order? What's going on with that cover? 1 half pre-distressed/1 half to decay naturally?

#90 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

29 tracks now... "verrrry soon" aint soon enough!
The release is like a week away, where's that pre-order? What's going on with that cover? 1 half pre-distressed/1 half to decay naturally?

My imaginative side hopes that part 1 is Rock and part 2 is Industrial. Kinda like how BK 5-6 had two different feels but existed under the same release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users