stuff

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oz_tinado

oz_tinado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:headphones, wayfarers, winning medals.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

http://potholesinmyb...-remix-project/

...damn. have you guys checked this out yet? i can't stop listening to it, i was extremely impressed by the beats on here. i've slept on this guy for a long time, even though i liked his production on DUALITY with Capt. Murphy- but not anymore. this was somehow a perfect mashing up, with these weird nu-school future beats under classic Beastie Boys tracks. but what do you guys think about it? my favorite track was #10 with his remix of "Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun", that shit BUMPS haha.

#2 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

yeah i grabbed that a few days ago i dont mind jeremiahs stuff even though his mumble raps start to grate after awhile but this is terrible

#3 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

i got it a couple days ago. it's pretty legit to me, it just really depends on what you're into. I've always liked weird, off or obscure type shit. Or at least since i heard madlibs brainwreck show.

and the beastie boys are cool too so yeah

#4 zmister

zmister

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

it was hot 2 me

#5 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

I enjoyed it as well, I've really been digging the stuff Jeremiah Jae has been putting out.

#6 oz_tinado

oz_tinado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:headphones, wayfarers, winning medals.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

yeah i grabbed that a few days ago i dont mind jeremiahs stuff even though his mumble raps start to grate after awhile but this is terrible

yeah, everyone's got their own opinions...not sure what you mean by that though, he doesn't rap at all on this lol.
as far as the beats went, i really liked the stuff he was doing- but it took me a few listens, it wasn't instant. at first i thought everything was off-beat and too repetitive- but he's pretty much developing his own style with these aesthetics...like i noticed he doesn't use hi-hats very much, he does a lot of simple, tribal 1-2 percussion beats, he samples some crazy shit and he rocks loops almost too long sometimes without any change-ups. but i find it hard to believe that there are people out there who didn't dig that thugged out remix of "Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun", that alone was worth the free download haha. Electrify and Intergalactic were pretty nice too...it was cool to hear Beastie Boys over these strange beats.

#7 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

yeah obviously i know he doesnt rap on this i just meant in general his mumbles annoy me, to me it just sounded sloppy in a bad way but thats just me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users