• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Beats Rhymes & Life.

Facebook.com/sftbeats
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/sftbeats

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

StonesThrowBeat Battle #315

• SAMPLE: http://www13.zippysh...72940/file.html (Chers for the new link Elmar)
  • Flip one or both of the samples to make a beat (see below for Production Rules)
  • Upload your beat to the STMB Page

Production rules:

• 2 minute time limit
  • outside drums and bass are allowed
  • keys/synths/other instruments are NOT allowed (additional. Use the Samples as basis)
  • Try not to use acapellas
  • MUST include vocal samples that compliment the melody/beat e.g. Singing acapellas, (Doesn't have to be an acapella through the entire beat)
  • cuts/scratches are permitted at this time

Questions about posting, production, voting, deadlines? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Follow the STMB Beat Battles on Twitter

UPDATE-new battle schedule:
Post - by Wednesday at Midnight NYC time
Vote - by Friday at Midnight NYC time (Vote after you heard
ALL the beats!)
Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time

Posted Image

#2 Phonics.Productions

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Alright Stm good fucking lookin on your win! Stoked to get workin on dah next projection on my inner soul-mind-spirit groover!

of my*

#3 Tep⟑ph✆ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Like 20% on some loan shark ish.
  • Soundcloud:tepaphone

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Could somebody please put that sample up on another hosting service? That one wants the latest flash player in order to download and I've got an old computer with an old OS that's held back on an old flash player version...Thanks in advance!

#4 buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:if they know the sample i`ve failed
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ buttaslick

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Congrats to one one my favorite produces ever including Dre and Premo nice work. One thing you did with this beat was open my eyes to how much talent is out there, you hear it every week but when something like this week roll in you really see it I am stating today I am turning the corner on my production. S.F.T has shown all the talent here that even when your dope you can make something better.We can create one of the biggest groups of talent on the the web, hell half the producers here are better than your favorite producer right now. I know from now on I will take so much pride in my post you would think it my last shot at being signed by Scion lol.

#5 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Did I miss something? Voting until Friday Midnight NYC time??? lol

#6 Elmar Jestro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/elmar-jestro

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostTep⟑ph✆ne, on 15 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Could somebody please put that sample up on another hosting service? That one wants the latest flash player in order to download and I've got an old computer with an old OS that's held back on an old flash player version...Thanks in advance!

http://www13.zippysh...72940/file.html

#7 Tep⟑ph✆ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Like 20% on some loan shark ish.
  • Soundcloud:tepaphone

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yo thanks a bunch Elmar!

#8 dylanobront

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostHUNGRYMAN, on 15 March 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Did I miss something? Voting until Friday Midnight NYC time??? lol

I am as-well extremely baffled by this!! I think it should be made really clear by either saying Thursday until 11:59 pm or Friday until 11:59 pm, which one is it? From the way its worded I believe that the voting continues on until Friday at 11:59 pm but its up for speculation! Can we get this fixed? Or am I in a minority of people who thinks this is way too unclear?

#9 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Nice beat and all, SFT.. But you cut a lot of folks short.. In the past 3 battles, I've seen the majority of people vote on Friday afternoon. There's 100+ beats and only like 20 votes... I'm sure a lot of people schedule when they are gonna make their beat and sit down and listen to everyone's elses strictly by the schedule set in the thread. Your 11 hours early, homie...

#10 oz_tinado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:headphones, wayfarers, winning medals.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

View Postdylanobront, on 15 March 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

I am as-well extremely baffled by this!! I think it should be made really clear by either saying Thursday until 11:59 pm or Friday until 11:59 pm, which one is it? From the way its worded I believe that the voting continues on until Friday at 11:59 pm but its up for speculation! Can we get this fixed? Or am I in a minority of people who thinks this is way too unclear?

it is supposed to be 11:59pm Friday night...but oh well, that's in like 10 hrs from where i live- and judging from all the battles i've been a part of, i think we can all assume that at this point SFT is gonna win anyway...he's leading by several votes, and we probably won't get that many more between now and midnight. congrats on the win S.F.T.!

#11 dylanobront

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

View Postoz_tinado, on 15 March 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

it is supposed to be 11:59pm Friday night...but oh well, that's in like 10 hrs from where i live- and judging from all the battles i've been a part of, i think we can all assume that at this point SFT is gonna win anyway...he's leading by several votes, and we probably won't get that many more between now and midnight. congrats on the win S.F.T.!

Just to say it specifies NYC time so where you live is irrelevant, and in regards to you saying SFT already won according to Hungryman:
"In the past 3 battles, I've seen the majority of people vote on Friday afternoon. There's 100+ beats and only like 20 votes... I'm sure a lot of people schedule when they are gonna make their beat and sit down and listen to everyone's elses strictly by the schedule set in the thread."
to be clear, I am not upset at SFT or anything nor am I put off by your comment I just think that to hold a fair and consistent contest these things need to be worked out and adhered to. It's likely that SFT was equally confused as I was about the voting rules and personally I think it should be written more clearly as 11:59 pm Friday instead of Midnight Friday which can be seen either way. No disrespect to anybody it is just in my nature to work things out so that they are consistent and fair, I hope nobody is put off by this and I hope we can collectively decide on something more concrete and consistent!

#12 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Ditto. I'm not upset either. It very well could have been an honest mistake. Let's keep it legit though.

#13 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

No offense, but I say keep voting yall. There's plenty of time.

#14 UnKunde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/unkunde

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

damn i havent even heard half the beats posted this week, and still not finished yet...

and thanks chop for ur vote :)

#15 ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, Tarantino flicks, podcasts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Well considering it's already been Saturday in NZ for 10 hours... It's time for 315

#16 dylanobront

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postras dude, on 15 March 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Well considering it's already been Saturday in NZ for 10 hours... It's time for 315

The rules say NYC time for a reason, how could we possibly run a fair system where there is no universal time established? By your logic, we are done voting because your time zone has reached midnight but for all the other people (and I assume theres a lot of them) who havent gotten home yet to vote tonight they don't have a say in 314 because New Zealand reached midnight before they did?

I don't care what time zone we use, i dont care what time we use, I just care that we clearly state it and stick to it.

#17 JBOGGAN

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postras dude, on 15 March 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think a lot of folks are forgetting that.

#18 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:My Ganja, Oranges, Coffee
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/head-jamz

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yo my bad for not voting I was unaware of the deadline (It was gonna be SFT anyway) Congrats.

#19 dylanobront

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostJBOGGAN, on 15 March 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

I think a lot of folks are forgetting that.

Are they forgetting that or are they interpreting New York City time to mean New York City time and not New Zealand time?

#20 ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, Tarantino flicks, podcasts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

If anything I see SFT just giving us an early start on 315. What's the big deal if he pretty much won? Besides, there is absolutely nothing from stopping people from submitting their votes on 314. So if the polls change it's easy enough to make the change of the winner.

#21 ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Dylan you're so anxious about this whole thing as if you were going head to head with SFT.

#22 dylanobront

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postras dude, on 15 March 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Dylan you're so anxious about this whole thing as if you were going head to head with SFT.

I don't have a single vote, I have zero foreseeable chance of winning, this is not about me, honestly I was just trying to bring up what I saw as a degradation of a fair and consistent way to run a competition and see if people were concerned or preferred this 'loose lets bend the rules when it seems reasonable' type system. I know I sound worked up about this but I am merely just responding to peoples perspectives and giving mine. If the majority of people are okay with how things are running then I am too, I am just pointing out what I see as inconsistent which I foresee in the future leading to unfair situations.

#23 sft

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Facebook.com/sftbeats

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

HEYO!

Sorry guys, I jumped the gun haha. It is indeed Saturday in NZ and I forgot to check the NYC time.

Shall we carry on or wait til Midnight NYC time?

#24 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I see you, SFT. What you suggest?

#25 sft

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Facebook.com/sftbeats

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Down to go with the majority, not fussed.

Justice suggests we wait til NYC time to allow for other votes to come in til midnight NYC time. Happy to wait til then.

Winner can start a new thread and I delete this - or just edit this thread.

#26 ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postsft, on 15 March 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

HEYO!

Sorry guys, I jumped the gun haha. It is indeed Saturday in NZ and I forgot to check the NYC time.

Shall we carry on or wait til Midnight NYC time?

I'm fucking bored out of my mind so I'll start playing with what you gave us.

#27 ODK

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/obi-dan-kenobi

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I think start 315 now, saves confusion, the rules are set the sample is up, and I'm halfway through making my beat so yeah carry on with 315!! B)

#28 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Well, no one has voting in 2 hours. Let's roll with it!! 315

#29 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Oh, Elmar is the file sharing super hero.. No doubt!

#30 ODK

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/obi-dan-kenobi

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostHUNGRYMAN, on 15 March 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Oh, Elmar is the file sharing super hero.. No doubt!
HA ha saved my bacon Saturday I tell you!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users