ziggyt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:$p404-WEED-BEACH-FRIED CHICKEN-MUSIC-SASHIMI-COLD BEERS
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/tangent1

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

heres my tangent
i been jammin soundcloud for 2years now and iwas was in the stbbs for 20 weeks or so, pre-dibiase tho (then the numbers of beats became too much for me to hear and vote fairly)
also i even encouraged necedah to join the beats battle for his first one he entered,
and i heard plenty of constrobuz bangers (haha he can be negative too...ridin that LOVE\HATE line)
but while theres nothing wrong both of these guys music for me after a while i feel like i automatically know what their track is gonna sound like actually i half take that back bc the buz does rock many styles, my point is when constro participates in a WHACK sample battle or when necedah makes a song without his sig. echoed voc chopps or fast hats, then i usually get re-interested in their sound and thats probably bc experimenting isnt all bad!!, its not just for weirdos n freaks haha i grew up in the south and there u r either a cool guy or a freak
and who really thinks all these "beatmakers" on soundcloud are a bunch of cool guys?
they're not they are just a bunch of music nerds
and now that i read this it sounds like a rant but maybe bc i am that bedroom weirdo making tracks for fun, lost in weed & space, sampling whatever the f*ck i want...not buying drum paks or using the same song formula

#32 jeffrey llama

jeffrey llama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:I spit in your faces ,and make some of the dustiest beats.
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/mr-dibiase

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

heres my tangent
i been jammin soundcloud for 2years now and iwas was in the stbbs for 20 weeks or so, pre-dibiase tho (then the numbers of beats became too much for me to hear and vote fairly)
also i even encouraged necedah to join the beats battle for his first one he entered,
and i heard plenty of constrobuz bangers (haha he can be negative too...ridin that LOVE\HATE line)
but while theres nothing wrong both of these guys music for me after a while i feel like i automatically know what their track is gonna sound like actually i half take that back bc the buz does rock many styles, my point is when constro participates in a WHACK sample battle or when necedah makes a song without his sig. echoed voc chopps or fast hats, then i usually get re-interested in their sound and thats probably bc experimenting isnt all bad!!, its not just for weirdos n freaks haha i grew up in the south and there u r either a cool guy or a freak
and who really thinks all these "beatmakers" on soundcloud are a bunch of cool guys?
they're not they are just a bunch of music nerds
and now that i read this it sounds like a rant but maybe bc i am that bedroom weirdo making tracks for fun, lost in weed & space, sampling whatever the f*ck i want...not buying drum paks or using the same song formula

there was plenty of traffic in the battles before the short lived DB era.lol if cats making beats to be the cool guy or the i'm so abstract guy the point is lost.
  • ziggyt likes this

#33 ziggyt

ziggyt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

point taken big lama, i havent really had time for the battles which included listening to all the beats but i always enjoyed them, and not to be the too abstract guy but i sit back a read people bashing "weirdo" beats all day and it get old after awhile, also all the artist comparison and using refrences like glitch scene seems to go beyond just categorizing music but becomes a way for people to to write off someone else track as something they wouldnt like and bc of that probably wont even try listening to it and i dont just mean my stuff haha i think my mixes were enough to scare peeps away and this thread was made bc necedah riled people up on the beatbattle thread and now here i am losing my point... knew i shouldnt have logged in

#34 SG Omen

SG Omen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

None of the shit matters. Just make tracks or not. Bitch about others' music or not.

The nice thing about STBB or any other music community is having the ability to find out what is popular among the participants of the group and being able to decide if your music should follow, deviate from, or completely dismiss that certain popular style... and again, the shit doesn't matter. Just make your shit.

Stay Gritty
  • KieranCrawford, ziggyt and HUNGRYMAN like this

#35 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

None of the shit matters. Just make tracks or not. Bitch about others' music or not.

The nice thing about STBB or any other music community is having the ability to find out what is popular among the participants of the group and being able to decide if your music should follow, deviate from, or completely dismiss that certain popular style... and again, the shit doesn't matter. Just make your shit.

Stay Gritty

#36 buttaslick

buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:if they know the sample i`ve failed
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ buttaslick

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

As a grand old man on the this beat battle, I have to agree with a few points and ask for clarification on some others. BTW what Scabs and Guts been missing you guys. First let get this clear Hip Hop started as a sample based slash electronic musical genre so in hip hop we build off of with is popular in the streets or clubs etc. So to say someone sounds like or is trying to be in a way they are and should be, not everyone is Dilla but we all would love to sound like him. And many try but they are not him that is apart of learning tho finding who your are not to become you. Think of that aspect like sculpting you start with a rock that looks like every other rock but once you create it becomes what the artist had pictured in their mind. When I started this beat battle back at like 54 or 55 I said this is a cool place were I can go and get honest feedback and that will make me better. And it has so what everyone is on the L.A beat thing there is one or two true artist that want to be better than Dilla and need real feedback when the guy everyone is hating on told me I should watch the decay on my snare I when a listened to my snare I liked the sound I got case closed. Long story short if you are here try to help grow these young produces there might be the next Dilla in there mean someone who isn't doing whats hot he or she is trying to do them help them out don't shit on them and till them it snowing peace true school forever long life Hip hop and great week this week hope the next is just as good.
  • ziggyt and oz_tinado like this

#37 buttaslick

buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:if they know the sample i`ve failed
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ buttaslick

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

From one produces mouth to many ears, SG- Omen is right just make music I think I might have won one like battle out of hundreds of battles I have been in. I get the oh! the classic 90 style comment almost every week, and this doesn't make me pack up and leave I just make my shit. The way I like and one day you will love it or hate it and I have done it all, from making house music with the samples to just some damn noise so please just make music. If it is dope someone will like it and if you only have one fan at the end of the day, that is more then some people have in a life time. And BTW I am a beat nerd, and proud of it. It isn't cool to have OCD about records or to talk sample rates and phase parameters, but I feel cool in my group. I am a cool guy chicks dig me, I get love were ever I go, so just know cool is a state of being that is from a 6ft 2in 225lb Night club Bouncer Slash hipster beat nerd, Cool is a state of being not something you do. It is like the most over used hiphop slash rap term since dope, Swag some have it and some don't
  • ziggyt likes this

#38 ziggyt

ziggyt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

i get ya buttaslick i think i made myself be mis interpreted and when i make a stbb i do just make what i want, i guess coolguy is what i call chumps with big heads, i think most of this beat shit is just about loving music tho, and i feel crate digging is just music nerding (and theres nothing wrong with that) haha but its made out to be so "HIP" and i think homeys dont like being called nerds so yeah poor word choice also i feel i was wrong tho guys like dibiase or anyone else using the sample should be welcomed in the battles, no such thing as too many beats i was jaded but i like to listen to all of them before i vote and expected everyone else to do the same... but now i dont care anymore...about anything..lifes a bitch like that
  • buttaslick likes this

#39 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

I miss the "BigErn" Beat Battle Period lol.
  • shakey finch, soulREBEL360 and DJ Primate like this

#40 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

90% of this post don't know that era. They don't even know you the James Madison of the beat battle
  • DJ Primate likes this

#41 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

yes ... the good ole daze ...
  • BigErnMcCracken likes this

#42 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

the James Madison of the beat battle

yo BigErn this is your new official nickname.

embrace it.
  • BigErnMcCracken and oz_tinado like this

#43 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

90% of this post don't know that era. They don't even know you the James Madison of the beat battle

Lol....That's fresh.

#44 SebP

SebP

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/sebphfx

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

well, i'd agree with you there as far as genres go...but stylistically, i disagree Grifty. while it's been around long before, you have to admit that not too many dudes were incorporating found sounds, vocal chops pitched wayyyyy down or weird time sigs before he showed up with Bad Vibes. i don't wanna point anyone out and blow up their spot, but i've heard several people even on the BB's who totally bite his style almost every week lol...which like i said before, is okay for a developing artist trying to find their own sound. the only time it starts getting annoying is when they never evolve, and choose to just stay content with biting another dude's style throughout their entire careers.

I know this is old but I never hear anybody mention Prefuse! He's my main influence and he did much more than Shlohmo in terms of originality and bringing something new.

#45 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

this thread gave me douche chills..........and i created it.

tumblr_m72g63P30R1rupmkgo1_500.gif

EDIT: nevermind, ozzy was the one who created it.  i stand corrected... :ohmy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users