geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Location:Detroit; "Tha Dee"; Motown; Murda Mitten; Dirty Glove; Iron Fist

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppzd68N0Lmg

"Like Kanye West, Detroit rapper Danny Brown has some issues with MTV’s annual “Hottest MC” countdown. However, rather than call in to a radio station, Brown vents his frustrations in a one-off track entitled, “#HottestMC”. With producer Harry Fraud delivering a beat of a sauntering guitar, Brown asserts himself as the “Greatest Rapper Ever”, viciously assaulting inferior MCs without a hint of his otherwise goofy disposition (“Your rhymes are cheap/You release your poor product/You’re a servant in my world/No rap gods curse you/When judgment day’s upon you/Reality’s a virtue”). Oh man, is he gonna have egg on his face if he makes the top 5 tomorrow." - http://consequenceof...rack-hottestmc/

http://rapfix.mtv.co...ist/#more-74169

#2 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

I like Danny Brown. I think he is the hottest mc in the game right now. What surprises me, and what I like, is not his usual, hot fire spit lyrics, but he seems to have deepened his voice for this one. Thank god. An emcee who dares to not sound exactly the same on every track.

#3 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Danny drops it. This is sharp.

Reminds me of The Hybrid.

Am I wrong... that The Hybrid was slept on?
Shit was nuts.

#4 HARD_BREAD

HARD_BREAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Danny goes nuts on any beat.

#5 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I was surprised by this MC when I recently heard about him. I appreciate what he does. I will also enjoy seeing him wither away and die because of his drug use and nonchalance.

#6 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

I will also enjoy seeing him wither away and die because of his drug use and nonchalance.

Posted Image

man, you really are a hater lol...104 posts in and not 1 fucking positive thing whatsoever. why are you even here MWB? you seem to hate everything about hip-hop and these boards, why'd you even join these boards in the first place if everything pisses you off so much?
  • GC90 likes this

#7 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Haha. I love it. The Anti-hate consortium. Well, I did not know it was so cool to applaud drug and alcohol use. There is also a grown-ass man component to this shit. You will notice it one day. Method Man has seemed to sober up and is way better than he ever was. Should I have been lighter when I touched upon his drug use? Is it cool for him to talk about using leen and white and being coked up in every interview? Do you not want to hear the end of the novel?

I meant to say I was surprised at his skill and how good he can sound on the right guy's track. I like what he does. However, the drug use will be the end of him. What was wrong about any of that?

And if you read, I have some nice things to say about some people's beats on here...dont be mad because I was a born critic.

The lord gave me a mouse penis so I am critical of him for that.

#8 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Slightly fucking harsh, " Wither away and die" are we not allowed to turn ourselves around, most people if not all take what they do, because something has probably happened in their life, that they can't deal with, I'd rather see him work past it, and come out the other side. Stand out clue in his lyrics "no tlc in my life". mixed with rapping from his stomach, that's quite a sad reference, no love, or doesn't feel loved, is actually pretty sad.

#9 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

You have pity for anyone with a drug addiction? You are one amazing person to have such compassion. I must state that. Watching Odb go down that road was terrible. He is enjoying the money, but how long will it last?

The problem with him is two-fold: he is wanting to engage in that behavior and his handlers are encouraging it. He chooses to do all of those drugs and openly discusses doing them before his adoring young fans. He also continuously discusses his many sexual conquests of mainly white women. It's all rather strange. He is also quite feminized. All part of an androgynous agenda. I do not think he himself knows what he is getting into.

#10 Haef

Haef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/haef

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

https://play.spotify...RIGVX9ZfL0tfbAl

His new album is streaming

#11 rokwell

rokwell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Can't a rapper, wordsmith, spitter just be dope? why all these cats all trying to say they are the greatest of all time. Many have come before him and others who are equaly if not better.

All these cats just need to chill with the G.O.A.T and just do what you do and just drop good music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users