• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 J-Syxx

J-Syxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I liked the one that used to exist at HipHopSite and the Metal Face Records one that existed before that (think it was Metal Face). You could go there and find information on the 3,000 different projects that he was said to be working on as well as the several or so that actually got released. Overall, a great place to get information. Also was a great place to stay updated on related artists like Grimm, MIC, Kurious, and whoever else.

However, those two forums disappeared, and I don't see anything that has emerged as a replacement other than the discussion that occurs at the Stone's Throw message board.

If there is none, I request someone please start one, because there should be one. Due to the lack of a forum's existence, I lost track of shit. I honestly didn't learn about the existence of Doom's new 2012 records until Christmas.

#2 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:nah what
  • Soundcloud:hhaha wat

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

one time i farted
  • Crystal Joker, Jurmainson and SwaggieJay like this

#3 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Maybe someone can finally help me out. Is the Megalon - A Penny For Your Toughts rare? I got the CD in very good condition.

#4 Cis

Cis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

It's pretty expensive at Discogs...

#5 J-Syxx

J-Syxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Maybe someone can finally help me out. Is the Megalon - A Penny For Your Toughts rare? I got the CD in very good condition.

Everything released by Day By Day Ent. is extremely rare now. I don't think their distribution was very good. The Megalon album is probably the hardest to get I think. I haven't even seen a used copy anywhere. Unfortunately, that's one of the ones I didn't buy for some stupid reason. I have Rodan's album though.

one time i farted

Thanks for telling us the story of your life.

#6 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

one time i farted

Thanks for telling us the story of your life.

No. It was only once, but maaaaan did it smell.

Doom for President.

#7 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I liked the one that used to exist at HipHopSite and the Metal Face Records one that existed before that (think it was Metal Face). You could go there and find information on the 3,000 different projects that he was said to be working on as well as the several or so that actually got released. Overall, a great place to get information. Also was a great place to stay updated on related artists like Grimm, MIC, Kurious, and whoever else.

However, those two forums disappeared, and I don't see anything that has emerged as a replacement other than the discussion that occurs at the Stone's Throw message board.

If there is none, I request someone please start one, because there should be one. Due to the lack of a forum's existence, I lost track of shit. I honestly didn't learn about the existence of Doom's new 2012 records until Christmas.

I keep posting DOOM stuff in the JJ DOOM thread on the 'Stones Throw' Forum. Keep meaning to ask the mods to change the name to 'DOOM Chat' as it's no longer just about the JJ DOOM Project. In fact...Mods please update the name.

#8 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,910 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

I keep posting DOOM stuff in the JJ DOOM thread on the 'Stones Throw' Forum. Keep meaning to ask the mods to change the name to 'DOOM Chat' as it's no longer just about the JJ DOOM Project. In fact...Mods please update the name.

Just start a DOOM chat thread...

#9 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Just start a DOOM chat thread...

Think it makes more sense to rename the JJ DOOM one as there is a lot of good info/vids etc already in there for those who only visit the forum sporadically.

#10 rupert pupkin

rupert pupkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

i really wish there was a doom forum out there

#11 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply. I was looking at selling my copy, but had no idea about the price, because I saw no copies available at all. I'll think about it.

#12 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,910 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Think it makes more sense to rename the JJ DOOM one as there is a lot of good info/vids etc already in there for those who only visit the forum sporadically.

Maybe the last page...

There is about 13 pages of straight JJ DOOM talk before that though.

Seriously just start a DOOM thread in the ST section. Title it DOOM 'Forum'. Or just make this thread the new DOOM forum.

#13 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Ghostface claiming DOOMstarks coming next halloween around 6:00

also funny bit in there about how he quit smoking recently after realizing it was taking him 18 months to make an album and he was wasting like $2500 daily in unused studio time.

#14 J-Syxx

J-Syxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ6Ha0p9ZUM&feature=youtube_gdata

Ghostface claiming DOOMstarks coming next halloween around 6:00

also funny bit in there about how he quit smoking recently after realizing it was taking him 18 months to make an album and he was wasting like $2500 daily in unused studio time.

I felt like I was in church watching that. Good interview though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users