STBB VOTE 310

83 replies to this topic

#31 turquoisecrown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

View Postjondis, on 14 February 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

BUT WORD LOVE YALL JUST GET HAPPY THO OK ?!?

haha..thank you jondis!!!

cool week..deffinitly something strange about it..but fun none the less!!

these cats killlled it

peet.
spellspellspell
mike-a-veli
Ogi-feeels
monexus
Three-O

this dude double killllled it

benbadaboom

#32 GrandpaWolfe

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/w-o-l-f-e

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

DJ Mdeck
Spellspellspell
Fingersnap Dee
Ogi feel the beat
PEET.

#33 Goose_Bumps

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:game dev, brewing, the funk.
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/goose_bumps

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Mr Bings
MONEXUS
BEN BADA BOOM
Three-O
turquoisecrown
spellspellspell
mr.hanzo
,,,JOndis
bza wan
King_David
ChiEngineer
Montyshoewalker
chopperman
DJ Sapien

LinkRust
.peet
DJ Mdeck

#34 Ben Bada Boom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:deliver quality, not quantity.
  • Soundcloud:/benbadaboom

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

my vote goes to
Montyshoewalker

thx to jondis for work on my beat ;)

#35 Well Known Tone

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Zipping Body Bags
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/well-known-tone

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Postjondis, on 14 February 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

all i can say is yo yo yo yoyo yoooooooo, and cheer up everyone this shit is for fun. If someone really wants to pick the sample for the next week msg the winner ,, hahaha. IDK the points being made in the threads are kind of funny to me/ almost conflicting
( not to mention reduntant ,, what is it every other month or so ahha ). But whatever i dont care , hahahah. Sheeeeit you guys want more comments that is basically the problem. There's plenty of avenues to get em and tbh they dont mean anything . You really want that "shine" go put in the work of networking, i.e. twitter ect.. .. . ..
I also noticed a lack of communtiy this week in the group , but could just be a busy week, in which case it was for me. WORD

As for the other point of criticism, that has been and allways will be welcomed. There's tasteful ways to go about it tho, one doesnt have to make a general statement saying in the threads like " yo most of these beats is wak, y'all are lame for thinkn the other shit is dope " hahaha what is that. Another route one could take instead of complaining is just doing. Be the one leading by example instead of complaining about the ways things are.
Anyways its all love, i too want to see ( and have trust ) everyone build their skills up, shit is awesome to me. But all in all WTF ! THIS SHIT AINT THAT SERIOUS. I really dont see any mob mentality here, its easy everyone casts thier vote for who they like. Shouldnt be more complicated then that
BUT WORD LOVE YALL JUST GET HAPPY THO OK ?!?
and chk this shit out

It aint about the comments its about people leaving the wrong comments on shit that needs criticism and if you cared anything bout your peers in this community you would feel the same way...you cant front bro you know you be seein shit on here that just sounds ridiculous and wack as fuck and dudes are like yo thats very dope...or yo that shits fresh...instead of sayin that shit got too much swing tone it down or something constructive...you people out here thinkin they invented the wheel wit this "experimental" shit...thats why theres more wack shit each week cuz no one got the balls to keep it real...no hard feelings just dont get it twisted...you right, fuck those comments...theres dudes in here that puposely make wack shit just to prove that anyone will say something is good when really it needs ctritsism....but its a fun battle and i see yall so tight nitched you dont wanna hurt no bodies feelings and thats cool...im just sayin what alot of other cats was afraid to say for some reason...these site moderaters aint nothin to be scared of....

but i vote for peet

#36 Cesar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/lukecesar

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

the ones I liked this week:

turquoise crown - such a chill vibe to it
Grandpa Wölfe - great drumwork, chill atmosphere
Montyshoewalker - just heavy heavy heavy
bza wan kenobi - kicks everywhere, love it
ChiEngineer - Great build-up though the climax didn't really get me going
peet. - perfect use of the sample
LinkRust - killin it
Ben Bada Boom - great use of synths
ZMPbeats - really got me scared, in a good way
Slam53 - my kinda drums, would have loved to see some change though
Cee 3 - first part reminded me so much of an Eminem beat - very cool
DocVile - banger drums

but gotta go for

GRANDPA WÖLFE

#37 Mister Bings

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Thanks to anyone who listened to my track and thought it was dope. I may never win one of these competitions and that's ok. I am sure that I have the respect from a few of you.

I voted for PEET

#38 ksmiles

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

MONTHY SHOE WALKER.

#39 ODK

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/obi-dan-kenobi

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Think we could benefit from group therapy :blink:or a big cyber hug!!!! :D

#40 mr.hanzo

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I enjoyed alot of entries and thanks for listening to my shit :D

For me the winna is .PEET........

#41 buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:if they know the sample i`ve failed
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ buttaslick

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Really like Peet, Linkrust, turquoise crown but my vote goes to Ben BADA Booooommmm

#42 Montyshoewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Chess/Music/Stratocasters/BobDylan
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/hellomonty

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostODK, on 15 February 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Think we could benefit from group therapy

haha.

Hope no one minds if I add my two cents to the discussion (I realize I’m new so I’ll try not to overstep), but just want to point out that Linkrust posted “Sonny Bwoy” on Sunday/Monday (I believe) – way down on the list – yet he managed to get a boatload of votes and tons and tons of comments. I think this goes to show that most folks make their way through the full list, and don’t just pick the vets (I think Link is new). I think Obi-Dan already mentioned this too.

Beats like the one Peet did this week (there were many, many others too this week) just seem to have “that factor” where the song instantly engages you the second you hear it. I like to stop and think for a moment about what makes songs like these have such a profound impact (and get so many votes/comments) and try to emulate - be it the mixing/mastering, drumwork, bass, ect - in my own work. The goal isn’t to win, but to get better at what we do.

I don't mean to get all 'businessy', but I'd love to make a living out of music, and to do that you need to be able to consistently make tracks that can grab someone’s attention and instantly make a lasting impact.This is something that EVERY successful producer possesses. If Hi-Tek were to come in here and post the instrumental to "Get in my Car" (and say no one knew his name or that song) I guarantee you he'd be getting some attention (lol) even if he was the last f'ing beat on the page.

Also, totally agree with the constructive criticism thing with regards to the comments. I plan on personally doing a better job with this moving forward because I think a "good job" on a beat you don't actually like does nothing to help out the music-originator in any way. In fact, it probably will even make them worse off.

Finally, just want to say that I’ve posted a few times at the last hour and I hope none of you take it as I’m trying to scheme the system. Between my full time job away from my ‘lab’ (if you can call it that), and my wife/family at home, it’s very difficult to make a ‘world ready’ track in 2 days. My normal process is working on songs here or there for weeks, so this deadline thing is new for me.

Thanks all, this place is great.

#43 ILIAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/iliadmusic

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

This was a great week.....here it goes...

GRANDPA WOLFE
MONTYSHOEWALKER
Mfakka
Tom Precise
LINKRUST
SPELLSPELLSPELL

WINNER
PEET. killed it

#44 James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Think we could benefit from group therapy :blink:or a big cyber hug!!!!

haha, this thing got heated pretty fast- i didn't mean to pit any members of the board against each other. i was just saying my opinion on the matter- which i still stand by, but like i said before- fair enough. at this point i could give a shit less if the dudes i'm feeling ever get shout-outs...all i was trying to say is that when someone starts giving feedback on my track after they post their votes, i assume they skipped over my particular track when they were in the process of voting.

i'd just like to be assured that my track was at least considered when someone cast their vote- i get that it's all fun and there are no big prizes or anything, but to pretend like it's so nonchalant that everybody just threw stuff together to see what would stick is a little short-sighted...i think every person on this board would like to win, otherwise we wouldn't spend so much time making the beats in the first place. i'm done with this discussion though, because like i also said- it really is all love, and at the end of the day it's not like you can put "winning a beat battle" on your resumé lol. so i agree with ,,,J0ndis- let's all cheer up and come back even harder next week. the end B)

#45 Yellowjacket

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:HIP HOP
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/sovereign-beats

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I really loved the sample this week, unique choice! Here were some of
my favorite submissions from this week:

J Sense
Grandpa Wolfe
MellowYouth
DJ Mdeck
Turquoise Crown
Peet.

AND MY WINNER IS:
LINKRUST

#46 MFakka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/mfakka_12

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Think we could benefit from group therapy :blink:or a big cyber hug!!!! :D

Hahahhaha yeah man

#47 ChrisPerrin

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/#chrisperrin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

runner-uppers....
...no particular order...

Clayton
Stanscrates
Peet
SpellSpellSpell
DJ Sapien
MiRSs
Still Ben

then tied for second,

#2 Linkrust
#2 MONEXUS (tie)

but I have to give it to...
#1 - MDeck

#48 Terry Teo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Lots of heat this week ... lot of Madlib type beats coming through due to the sample imo, which is all good ... top three for me were Lady Snowblood, Sovereign Beats, Sober Minded Beats

On the whole listening through to all the beats ish, maybe a coupla quick fire rounds might be in order with shorter time limits, I reckon most cats could get down what they are trying too in a minute/minute thirty, might add to the challenge ... anyway just a thought

#49 James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostTerry Teo, on 15 February 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

On the whole listening through to all the beats ish, maybe a coupla quick fire rounds might be in order with shorter time limits, I reckon most cats could get down what they are trying too in a minute/minute thirty, might add to the challenge ... anyway just a thought

i think that idea's brilliant. i know that on the MPC-Forum BB's, they typically hold a time limit of 60-90 seconds...and there's usually only like 20 people participating in each round on there. with such a large community here, i believe that shorter time limits would be a godsend for people who are on strict schedules in real life such as myself.

#50 jsensei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Obi-Dan-Kenobi
BEN BADA BOOM
mike-a-veli
DJSapien
Main Theory
goose_bumps
ClaytonG
spellspellspell
capreme
MellowYouth
akirkyildiz
Elmar Jestro

LinkRust
stancrates

#51 mikeaveli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

spellspellspell LinkRust BEN BADA BOOM peet
turquoise crown MONEXUS DJSapien Main Theory Montyshoewalker DJ Mdeck King_David Cee 3

peace

#52 Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ok new rule, if your beat didn't get mentioned (not a vote, just an honorable mention) in at least one post, you're not allowed to participate in next weeks battle, cuz obviously youre wack. You can try again the week after next though

#53 Chopperman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/chopperman

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostConstrobuz, on 15 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Ok new rule, if your beat didn't get mentioned (not a vote, just an honorable mention) in at least one post, you're not allowed to participate in next weeks battle, cuz obviously youre wack. You can try again the week after next though
Damn that's cold!! I hope you're kidding, I hear a lot of dope entries that don't get mentioned.

#54 Montyshoewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostConstrobuz, on 15 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Not a good rule (if you're being serious). Pretty insulting too.

#55 Donivan Lattimer

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostMontyshoewalker, on 15 February 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Not a good rule (if you're being serious). Pretty insulting too.

Hard to get mentions when I'm uploading the track this morning! :lol:

#56 Montyshoewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostDonivan Lattimer, on 15 February 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hard to get mentions when I'm uploading the track this morning! :lol:

Good point there! It might have been the worst suggestion I've heard in the past 5 years (if he was being serious).

#57 D-inventa

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/d-inventa

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Listen the way i look at it, you ain't gonna get signed from a stones throw beat battle, so if you're here for anything other than getting constructive criticism from your peers and seeing what the hip hop world is up to in terms of the underground, then I feel sorry for you. I like to stay quiet on the boards, and prove my ability in the soundcloud group, and the rest of you should be the same. What i don't like is ppl not taking the time to go through as many entries as possible, and listen to what everyone is bringing to the table. Sure it's not always fun listening to 30 tracks in a row with a strangely similar chopping technique or mix, but I know for a fact that I like to take at least a little of my time and put it into all the beats I submit to the battle because i don't like shitty beats on my soundcloud page, so if you can't respect that (at least the producers aka my peers) and listen to the entries as they go up and comment/critique what ppl took time to create, then why are you here?

I want to get better at my craft by getting some advice here and there, maybe having something pointed out to me that i didn't realize on my own, or even just from listening to what everyone else is doing, and we should def establish a group of people who are strictly in this for the same reason so that the group doesn't turn into a popularity contest that can be easily manipulated through online antics, because if that's the case, there is a whole element of fun that isn't there and the competition aspect isn't a competition anymore, it's just a stupid forum for dumb ppl who think they can gain recognition somehow from spamming a stones throw beat battle competition.

i'm nobody important, but i'm sure a lot of you have seen my comments on your soundcloud tracks, i'm a civil guy, I also think this is a great idea and a lot of fun ideally and i haven't ever had a single person mention one of my beats in the vote and i'm okay with that.

Clay did a great job on this one

Ogi was awesome

STEELBIRDS is the winner for my vote though. He knows why, cause i wrote it in his track comments.

#58 Well Known Tone

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Zipping Body Bags
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/well-known-tone

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I only made it an issue cuz i got like 12 members from here hittin me on the private message on soundcloud that said they felt the same way for months...but it is what it is...and obviously a few on the boards feel the same...forums have moderaters so they can listen to the community when they voice their opinions about the site in order to improve the experience of the site...not sit in here and say that people are being petty and say we spammin the room....#facts...overall it was a good week and it was fun...cant wait for the next sample

#59 Cee 3

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cee-3-5

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

no particular order, but enjoyed these: mike-a-veli, grandpa wolfe, ben bada boom, dj mdeck, linkrust, ogi feel the beat. vote for this week goes to peet.

#60 D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Peet
LinkRust
SpellSpellSpell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users