• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 deadmarauder

deadmarauder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

cool fucking sample, sadly been missing so many battles, but i'm almost back into the swing of being in school after a long break. you wont be getting rid of me that easily. but probably still just cheerleading from the side lines this week.

#32 Well Known Tone

Well Known Tone

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Zipping Body Bags
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/well-known-tone

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Man theres alot props givin to shit that really aint that dope...you gotta keep it real wit cats dont be afraid to tell some that thier shit is not that dope...dont lie to these dudes cuz they just gonna keep coming back with wack shit every week....Anthony Samples beat deserves more thumbs up than what u guys are giving other dudes credit for...alot of the tracks being posted just dont make sense musically..show these dudes the proper respect dont just hop on someone dick just because they been posting beats hear for like ever...theres mad dope shit on here that deserve more love...cats werk hard on these joints
  • FSNAPDEEYAULL likes this

#33 Donivan Lattimer

Donivan Lattimer

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

LinkRust! I hope you are proud of yourself because what you did last week is an incredible achievement!

And your sample choice is rad! I'm trying not to jump all over the obvious flips but I just might to make things interesting.

#34 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

was gonna chk the sample out , but heard BEN BADA BOOM'S beat and........

peace yall
  • Well Known Tone likes this

#35 ClaytonG.

ClaytonG.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Music, dusty crates.....greenery
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/klayesounds

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

whatup everybody! it's been a minute but i'm back. I was having some ear pressure problems and took a bit of a break since #305. Here's mine for this week!

#36 Mdeck

Mdeck

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mdeck

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Props to Linkrust for the win!..This sample was crazy though!

Here's mine:

#37 spellspellspell

spellspellspell

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

shot guys. heres mines

#38 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Man theres alot props givin to shit that really aint that dope...you gotta keep it real wit cats dont be afraid to tell some that thier shit is not that dope...dont lie to these dudes cuz they just gonna keep coming back with wack shit every week....Anthony Samples beat deserves more thumbs up than what u guys are giving other dudes credit for...alot of the tracks being posted just dont make sense musically..show these dudes the proper respect dont just hop on someone dick just because they been posting beats hear for like ever...theres mad dope shit on here that deserve more love...cats werk hard on these joints

Holmes it's only Tuesday, people still making their beats and they still get posted by Thursday morning, a lot probably won't listen till they've done theirs, and it comes down to personal taste, and having time to do the critical analysis on 100 battle beats, take for example last week, hardly any comments, why? Linkrust! he shit on everyone from the greatest of heights, what's the point of commenting on anyone when everyone was probably in shock from that one beat, so your playing the beats and his pops up with nearly the whole soundcloud community commenting on it, then it made sense everyone had been dished a fatal battle blow and gave up. We should all of listened to it and learnt something from it I know I did. I just really want to know who you mean, is getting props but shouldn't,If you got a lot of young beat makers that love Flying Lotus and Dilla you know what they will hunt for. Can become schoolboys knowledge against parents quite literally ;) Thursday is the day to tell people not to sleep on beats though cos they are all up by then. Know what you mean though, just use it as a training ground to improve dude.

#39 linkrust

linkrust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

yooo ! wad up every body !

glad to see that ya 'all like the sample.
it's that kind of sample i had for month but i was scared to waste it on doin' a wak beat again <_< .
i'm sure some of you know wat i mean !
i think i ve used it the best way givin it to the STBB people !

as i drop this sample, well i ve drop 3 short beats !
here's my shit:

damn i feel pressure...weird...cause it's my sample... :lol:
dedicated to ogi ! cause my english 's bad too ! haha !

peace
  • Ogi feel the Beat likes this

#40 Well Known Tone

Well Known Tone

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Holmes it's only Tuesday, people still making their beats and they still get posted by Thursday morning, a lot probably won't listen till they've done theirs, and it comes down to personal taste, and having time to do the critical analysis on 100 battle beats, take for example last week, hardly any comments, why? Linkrust! he shit on everyone from the greatest of heights, what's the point of commenting on anyone when everyone was probably in shock from that one beat, so your playing the beats and his pops up with nearly the whole soundcloud community commenting on it, then it made sense everyone had been dished a fatal battle blow and gave up. We should all of listened to it and learnt something from it I know I did. I just really want to know who you mean, is getting props but shouldn't,If you got a lot of young beat makers that love Flying Lotus and Dilla you know what they will hunt for. Can become schoolboys knowledge against parents quite literally ;) Thursday is the day to tell people not to sleep on beats though cos they are all up by then. Know what you mean though, just use it as a training ground to improve dude.

yo i dig what you saying bro...my point is those comments that are there a goin in the wrong spots...and alot of names pop up on every beat wit comment but skip over the ones that are actually dope and make sense...theres some dope shit on there that shouldve got more love then some of the shit that got props some of the stuff being...all im sayin is dont front to people if its not dope dont say it is just because...we are artist and need constuctive critisism so we can grow...cant say the wack shit is dope cuz they gonna keep comin wack every week i mean unless thats the stradegy around here...and some of the shit dont sound like its inspired by dilla or lotus...so thats not the case...some people just cant flip a sample period so they do some weird sounding shit and create there own genre and act like they invented the fucking wheel or something and dudes co sign it...its a battle you suppose to come wit heat u dont hear this kinda shit at live battles...thats like watching justin timberlake try to battle on dvd or something...inappropriate...i know you know what im talkin bout Obi....#facts....its all outta love tho just wanna see everyone grow and not be mislead....#salute

#41 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

^^^^
c'mon now
  • James Frank. and linkrust like this

#42 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

anyone else notice how much spam the group page is getting?
it's like every third beat is something that has NOTHING to do with the battles- it's very annoying.
if i were a mod, i'd make it my duty to (in Terminator-voice) exterminate whack beats... B)

#43 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

^^ word mans, ill try to make u a mod, its not the easiest task to go thru 3000 accounts that are not in alphabetical order. ha
peace everyone props to the group, remember this shit is for fun
  • James Frank. likes this

#44 peet

peet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/peetbeats

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

just in time back with a beat!

and grats to linkrust on the last one!! that beat...damn incredible what you did with that sample
  • linkrust likes this

#45 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

#46 Well Known Tone

Well Known Tone

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

^^^^
c'mon now

#facts

#47 FSNAPDEEYAULL

FSNAPDEEYAULL

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

yo i dig what you saying bro...my point is those comments that are there a goin in the wrong spots...and alot of names pop up on every beat wit comment but skip over the ones that are actually dope and make sense...theres some dope shit on there that shouldve got more love then some of the shit that got props some of the stuff being...all im sayin is dont front to people if its not dope dont say it is just because...we are artist and need constuctive critisism so we can grow...cant say the wack shit is dope cuz they gonna keep comin wack every week i mean unless thats the stradegy around here...and some of the shit dont sound like its inspired by dilla or lotus...so thats not the case...some people just cant flip a sample period so they do some weird sounding shit and create there own genre and act like they invented the fucking wheel or something and dudes co sign it...its a battle you suppose to come wit heat u dont hear this kinda shit at live battles...thats like watching justin timberlake try to battle on dvd or something...inappropriate...i know you know what im talkin bout Obi....#facts....its all outta love tho just wanna see everyone grow and not be mislead....#salute

haha i agree tho, but for the most part the battles are positive, and ive recieved alot of constructive criticizm from the jump, and it all helped me along the way. Things like "kick being too low" or "boring hats", thats whatsup.. But yeah, a few ppl are very left field with their entries and it seems like ppl are afraid to say it.. lol

#48 FSNAPDEEYAULL

FSNAPDEEYAULL

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

heres my flip anyways,.. wild sample!

#49 Mister Bings

Mister Bings

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I understand why Well Known Tone feels that way. For a quick second, back when I first started participating; I thought that some of the tracks were a bit strange. I immediately thought about the fact that this is a Stones Throw Records thing and strange is the way it is. I figured that most of the beat makers here are influenced by J-Dilla, Madlib, and other underground producers; and in effect - their sound will sound similar to those guys. I respect it. I, myself, am from a late 1980s to the mid 90s background. I love the new stuff; but my heart is in the old days. It is what it is and I am glad to be a part of this fun competition.
  • linkrust likes this

#50 Elmar Jestro

Elmar Jestro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/elmar-jestro

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Here's my b-day-entry . A sample-cake with only layered kicks and snares as toppings.

#51 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

a few ppl are very left field with their entries and it seems like ppl are afraid to say it.. lol

i don't think people are afraid to say something negative about someone's beats, especially on these boards...
it's just that some of us prefer the experimentation, and welcome it compared to the much more conservative beats people post on here.
hip-hop is finally old enough to where it can be defined in more than one style, and even though some of these cats put together stuff that goes way over my head, i still admire the fact that they're attempting to trailblaze new, as of yet unexplored territory in this genre of music we all know and love. personal taste dictates a lot of what you'll like, and you can't say dudes are whack just because you're personally not feeling them...that is, unless you're hip-hop jesus. then whatever you say goes i guess- but that's unlikely, so just listen to the beats and comment accordingly. if i don't like a beat, i pass it and move along to ones i do like...i don't see why it's not that simple for others.
  • peet likes this

#52 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yo Jon don lemme be a mod too, don't battle as much as i did, but still check the group and believe me that spam boils my blood
  • James Frank. likes this

#53 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

word ! on it Grifty,, and yo to the group I am making the weirdest shit u never heard from this sample hahahaha WHOOOP
made a few diferent beats with the sample,, here is one that is on my page but im not loading it to the group, got this weirder one for THAT ,, HA HA HA

this one not going in the grou i didnt use the sample that much ,, but y'all might like it.. or not HA FTW

#54 steezo

steezo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/stanscrates

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

#55 Well Known Tone

Well Known Tone

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

word ! on it Grifty,, and yo to the group I am making the weirdest shit u never heard from this sample hahahaha WHOOOP
made a few diferent beats with the sample,, here is one that is on my page but im not loading it to the group, got this weirder one for THAT ,, HA HA HA

this one not going in the grou i didnt use the sample that much ,, but y'all might like it.. or not HA FTW
&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_artwork=true" width="100%" height="166">

Lmao

#56 MFakka

MFakka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/mfakka_12

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Here's my entry this week..gotta say this sample was difficult to handle :D

#57 capreme

capreme

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Its my first time :)

#58 bza wan kenobi

bza wan kenobi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:beats&budz

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

just in time haha, enjoy all

#59 Chopperman

Chopperman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/chopperman

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Wooohooo! Just in time. Had fun with this but I'm afraid it might annoy some. Hopefully it will delight others. Now I'm checking out y'alls'. Been looking forward to it!

#60 Montyshoewalker

Montyshoewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:AKA "WALKINGSHOE" OR "JOE" OR "MONTY"
    Twitter.com/inthisshoe
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/inthisshoe

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Woa, just in time. Not much free time this week.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users