• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy Ill

Tommy Ill

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

Tell me what beats in your opinion uses the most genious sampling. What I mean is, when you hear the original and you don't get how you could make a nice beat out of this. For example, 'Mass appeal' or 'Royalty' by Gangstarr, or 'CB4' or 'I don't know' by Slum.....

#2 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:48 AM

Tell me what beats in your opinion uses the most genious sampling. What I mean is, when you hear the original and you don't get how you could make a nice beat out of this. For example, 'Mass appeal' or 'Royalty' by Gangstarr, or 'CB4' or 'I don't know' by Slum.....

no. i cant be bothered.

#3 scabs

scabs

Facebook.com/scabsallover Scabsallover.bandcamp.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Ableton9, APC40, & Monome 40h

Superlative Records
    Zypher Un Label
    Keep Records
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/scabsallover

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

well... hmmmmm

I don't know the sample source, but LET ME WATCH by Doom/Vik Vaughn. That beat inspired me in my early beatmaking years, its just dope!!!

You can use any sample though. You gotta think outside the box though. You can't always just cut and loop samples, I'm sure you know

#4 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

but LET ME WATCH by Doom/Vik Vaughn.

yeah man. a 6 bar loop. me likes that alot.

#5 H.J.Kitten

H.J.Kitten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

definately 'my red hot car' by squarepusher. the drums and vocals are so intricate it hurts. and he was doin this shit before most others. the fact its a classic helps as well.

#6 ptahh

ptahh

Rambling Rambler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

There's some techno track that was pretty massive oversea's about a year and a half ago. The bpm was about 130. Out of nowhere 'Apache' comes in like a train wreck and gets chopped up a little. The great thing about the production for this track was the fact that the producer did not speed up Apache to make it blend. So the track goes back and fouth with different bpm's with no time structure whatsoever. It was really abstract yet mind blowing at the same time. I was in the dj booth, the event probably had about 400 people on the floor. No one got it. The other people in the both weren't impressed by the track. I miss the days when techno was really innovative.

Anyone with a song id would be most appreciated.

#7 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:55 AM

Anyone with a song id would be most appreciated.

am pretty sure its called "a little patchy" by Switch

*NB i dont think the tempo switchs at anytime though i use this record in my breaks set alot and i never have any problems mixing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users