Asiatic Live Beat Battle in SFbeat battle todays future sound breaks vinyle archaelogie free dope samples rare groove library music
No replies to this topic
Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:55 PM
This battle is a fundraiser for the organization Today's Future Sound which provides instruction in music production and beatmaking to youth in underserved communities particularly in the Bay Area and Oakland. Please give us a "like" on facebook, follow @@tfs_beats and check out our website and footage of our workshops on the site:
The battle will take place at Showdown in San Francisco at 10 Sixth Street between Mission and Market on SUN JANUARY 27th, 7pm.
http://showdownsf.com/ for map and details.
You MUST email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact facebook.com/philthydrummond
in order to enter the battle. Producers must also RSVP at https://www.facebook...?context=create
$5 entry into battle and venue WITH A CAN OF FOOD, $7 w/out, the same goes for all attendees of the event.
Attendees may get in for $5 by RSVP'ing before or by 4pm on Sunday Jan 27th. There will be two judges and the crowd is the third judge
so make sure to bring all your peoples to root for you and support! Bring your beats on CD and you must bring TWO COPIES of the CD, bring a few extra beats in case of ties/overtime
Producers must check in at 6pm at Showdown and pay their entry fee at that point in time.
Producers must do all four rounds in order to participate:
Download the samples here:
we will be making a free-to-download Beat Tape from everyone's flips/beats which will be available on souncloud.com/todaysfuturesound, todaysfuturesound.bandcamp.com, and todaysfuturesound.org for the general public and will be posted on Beat Tape Co-op
TIME LIMIT FOR ALL BEATS IS 1 MINUTE!
Round 1 is assigned sample, so you must contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be
assigned a sample group. You will be assigned to one of four groups and then have to make a beat out of that sample.
Round 2 is the sample pack and you may use as many or as few of the songs/samples to make ONE beat, but you may not use
ANY SAMPLES, DRUMS OR SOUNDS from outside of the sample pack except for spoken vocal snippets/dialogue (like a dj battle)
Round 3 is the digging round, each participant/producer is responsible for finding their own pre-1980 Asiatic funk/soul/pop
song to sample and flip into a beat. you must bring your sample on your CD to play so judges and audience can see how
the sample was flipped.
Round 4 is the acapella remix round in which participants must use only the song in the Round 4 folder (" Taku Izumi - ??")
of this Zip to sample to remix the acapella of Mac Dre's "It's Raining Game"
The winner will receive a prize pack from the sponsors and a $100 towards purchase of any computer at Love and Haight Computers.
Producer line up and assignments:
1) Bebel Group 1 Takeshi Inomata & The Sound Limited-A Time For Us
2) dj crazz Group 1 Takeshi Inomata & The Sound Limited-A Time For Us
3) Matteo? Group 1 Takeshi Inomata & The Sound Limited-A Time For Us
4) Jayson Racadio Group 1 Takeshi Inomata & The Sound Limited-A Time For Us
5) Ready Rock Group 2 Columbia Orchestra - 会津磐梯山
6) KN1 Group 2 Columbia Orchestra - 会津磐梯山
7) Benjo Beats Group 2 Columbia Orchestra - 会津磐梯山
8) AKA Group 2 Columbia Orchestra - 会津磐梯山
9) HolySmokes! Group 3 Toshiko Yonekawa - Saitaro-Bushi
10) Science Group 3 Toshiko Yonekawa - Saitaro-Bushi
11) Bayroo Burner Group 3 Toshiko Yonekawa - Saitaro-Bushi
12) Onewerd Group 3 Toshiko Yonekawa - Saitaro-Bushi
13) vinyl richie group 4 Yūjirō Mabuchi - Ginza No Onna
14) Ion the Prize Group 4 Yūjirō Mabuchi - Ginza No Onna
15) O-Phrap Yūjirō Mabuchi - Ginza No Onna
16) Mike C the Maitre'D - Ginza No Onna
17) Scalez Group 1 Takeshi Inomata & The Sound Limited-A Time For Us
18) Open Slot
19) Open Slot
20) Open Slot
21) Open Slot
22) Open Slot
23) Open Slot
24) Open Slot
more open slots, inquire with Phillipdrummond Philthybeats about entering.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beat battle, todays future sound, breaks, vinyle archaelogie, free dope samples, rare groove, library music
Beat Battles →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users