27 replies to this topic

#1 miss stress

miss stress

Cool Table shareholder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Really?? You go go and intentionally shoot up 20 kids like that? That's crazy....Like WOW! Then kill yourself what a pussy.....

:( I weep for these people!
Posted Image
  • mangoes cash likes this

#2 (Jamie) Hall

(Jamie) Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

it's sad, really

but there's situations right now where this is a 24/7....ironically, those ppl are getting less attention

R.I.P.

#3 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

It's unfortunate, but I feel like the attention creates copycats.

#4 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

I was down in Peru on vaca when this happened, but I live about 20 minutes from Newtown and was shocked to hear the news.

This was a classic case of horrible parenting. From what I heard, Moms denied this dude the treatment he desperately needed and meanwhile was taking him target shooting? smh

And yes there are parts of the world where this happens every day, but the slaughter of innocent children is a tragedy no matter where it occurs. RIP

#5 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

What sickens me the most is the NRA's response to this tragedy. As a responsible gun owner who belongs to a gun club and from time to time competes in marksmen games, I'm very much for the banning of assault weapons and high capacity magazine clips. Since this incident I've received at minimum 3 emails a day from the NRA requesting donations in what they "foresee as a long legal battle in protecting our American rights as gun owners".

This is some really disturbing eyeopening shit for me. My opinion has shifted and I've come to believe these people in the upper rankings of the NRA do not care about public safety or the 2nd amendment, this is about money. As I read various news reports and have discussions with members of my club, I've learned that the NRA pretty much benefits from the sales from such weapons because these gun manufactures "donate" portions of their proceeds to the NRA on top of their membership dues and fees.

20 babies were murdered in one fell swoop and these disgusting bastards in the NRA suggest more guns? And then you have all the pro gun print magazines as well as the NRA's publications that are going to promote what they see as "Our God give American right to arms"?

America seriously need to reexamine ourselves as a nation because as far as I'm concerned we're in a hand basket of self implosion.
  • Beatronome likes this

#6 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

we, as humans, are getting out of hand.

#7 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

we, as humans, are getting out of hand.

It was always fucked up, don't act like it's getting any worse.

#8 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

It was always fucked up, don't act like it's getting any worse.

yes. people have been doing some banoodles ass shit from day 1.
whaat the fuck, "god"?

#9 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I don't know if banning assault weapons is really going to stop anyone from going on a killing spree. I mean let's not forget, the Columbine shooters had homemade propane bombs that could have blown up the entire school. If the urge to kill is there, they will always find a tool for the job.

The focus should be more about helping those with mental illness and getting them the proper treatment they deserve.

#10 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

I don't know if banning assault weapons is really going to stop anyone from going on a killing spree. I mean let's not forget, the Columbine shooters had homemade propane bombs that could have blown up the entire school. If the urge to kill is there, they will always find a tool for the job.

The focus should be more about helping those with mental illness and getting them the proper treatment they deserve.

I agree that more needs to be done for those with mental health issues, but seriously fam... a regular everyday citizen don't need a military grade assault weapon. I'm just saying, anything can set off a kid, man or woman with access to such weaponry to go on a killing spree or do harm to their local community.

Shit I can't even count how many times I've seen block parties and park jams get shot up back in the 80's when crack started bubbling in Brooklyn. Hell, in the 90's I witnessed the aftermath of 5 people I used to see walk past my crib at least once a week get shot with their brains all over the street or bleeding out. That was done by a local drug dealer with a Uzi all because some girl ain't want him.

Chicago had 500 murders in 2012, yeah that's low numbers compared to Jamaica's 1,120 gun related murders, but Chicago is just one city in America.

#11 Beatronome

Beatronome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatronome

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

In the same week as the Connecticut shootings, a similar thing happened in central China. A man walked into a primary school with a knife; 22 children injured in total, of which 7 had to be taken to a hospital, none of them died.
So no, when people go crazy, it doesn't matter if there is a gun restriction law or not, but it certainly limits their options and reduces the chance of lethal damage.
But I also believe that the US should invest more in healthcare and their justice/prison system to prevent these acts. Recidivism is way too high.

#12 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

But I also believe that the US should invest more in their justice/prison system

Ummmmm, no.

#13 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

This was a classic case of horrible parenting. From what I heard, Moms denied this dude the treatment he desperately needed and meanwhile was taking him target shooting? smh

Agreed. But how did mom become like that? Her parents? If so, how did her parents and so on.

I have said it before, while I love Americans, America has been set up in such a way that the rest of the world shakes its head. It claims to be the beacon of hope for the world. I can't help but shake my head when I hear that. Very, very sad.

#14 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

20 babies were murdered in one fell swoop and these disgusting bastards in the NRA suggest more guns? And then you have all the pro gun print magazines as well as the NRA's publications that are going to promote what they see as "Our God give American right to arms"?

America seriously need to reexamine ourselves as a nation because as far as I'm concerned we're in a hand basket of self implosion.

Why do Americans treat the constitution as a sacred text that is perfect and can not be changed? In fact, it should not be changed, they would argue. This is the exact same thinking of the extreme religious right in any religion around the world. God damn America has nutty elements resonating through out its core.

#15 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

this is only a minority of america that gets the attention. The NRA makes up a minority?

#16 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

So no, when people go crazy, it doesn't matter if there is a gun restriction law or not, but it certainly limits their options and reduces the chance of lethal damage.

It limits their options, yes. But it doesn't necessarily reduce the chance of lethal damage. I mean this dude used a knife but he could have just as easily walked into that school with a can of gasoline and a match.

#17 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

How about we make a law against killing people. People always do what the law says they should.

#18 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

How about we make a law against killing people. People always do what the law says they should.

Or make guns illeagal, do not harbour a culture that breeds nuts with guns. Sorry America but y'all just got it wrong. It is fooked up. Some country measures happiness like others do wealth of its citizens. Anyhow, like Paul Mooney says at 30 seconds below, "the society is fucked up"

skip to 30 second mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5b3fypGyM

#19 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Or make guns illeagal, do not harbour a culture that breeds nuts with guns.

Why has no one in America thought it through as well as cash?

Are you aware that guns are illegal in Chicago? That didn't stop nearly 500 people from getting shot in Chicago this past year...

Our society is extremely fucked up, but that is mostly due to the fact that we are obbsessed with violence. Most Americans love the shit out of the military, who just so happen to have a shit ton of guns, bombs, chemical and biological weapons and they have no qualms using them on a daily basis against the poorest people on the planet. Most Americans love the shit out of the police who are becoming increasingly militarized with crazy ass assault weapons and drones. Most Americans love the shit out of the politicians, like Obama, who has killed more children with his drone war and who has completely no regard for something like due process. The government of the USA has more blood on its hands than 100 Adam Lanzas, but you're totally right mangoes they should be the only people allowed to carry guns.
  • Beatronome likes this

#20 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Yah man.

I think if we are to believe in cause and effect in terms of human life, I hit Johnny, Johnny hits Suzy etc. if we can agree there is a ripple effect, the blood that has poured over planet earth in countless ways surely plays a role.

The military is a public entity. Yet there is so much talk about the public sector in a negative light. That it prevents growth, that it should be reduced drastically in size. I shake my head when I hear that. We are the public. So why in the world would it be good for the public to have money, disproportionately drained from it, into the private sector? My point is, any American who is not really read up on facts, is misguided. They are under an illusion.

I think it is safe to say, America began to lose its way with the assinations of Kenedy and King. But, I think it had the foundations of its public sector pulled out from its feet during the Reagan administration. That government set the ground work to deregulate everything. This started the movement of money away from the public infrastructure into few private hands. I talk about it because I think it is relevant.

A government who has a sound, solid, respected infrastructure is going to create a land where it is harder for people, by nature to slip thru the cracks. It will be harder for people to lose it. They are more tightly bonded to each other and know what is good, right and wrong.

It is true, if the public was not bombarded with news of murder and rape. Of the ghosts of the millions of dead innocents at the hands of the Government' Military. if violence, individualism and decadence were not the norm, I think the mind set of America would be different. I think it would be better and cases like this tragedy would be significantly less.

I see the government as the parents and the citizens as the children living in their parents home. The parents set the tone and if that tone of fend for yourself, violence is ok to get what you want, manipulation of you neighbors (other nations) is ok, etc. the children will no doubt follow suit. As well as other nations. They are a poor example of the full potential of humanity.

And just for the record, I am not saying Americans are fucked and y'all should just give up, no, I am just saying your system is fucked and that has a residual effect on your people. Any government has an effect on the way it's people think, how they perceive themselves and what they think is right and wrong in general. Hope yah smell me,

#21 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

cash, as an anarchist everything you just wrote is complete shit. Thanks for playing though, i do not have enough faces or palms to even reply to that bullshit.

#22 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

'Splain in the new year Lucy. I am interested in hearing what an anarchist believes. No government?

#23 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I am interested in hearing what an anarchist believes. No government?

Hopefully you have some time on your hands then.

#24 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

My interpretation of Anarchism based on that reading is, there is no government to regulate commerce and trade. In fact, there may be no government at all. It suggests that the common interest of merchants, farmers etc would regulate it self, creating a self sustaining economic ecosystem if you will. I can see the benifit of this.

However, in regards to there being no government, is this is true on every scale, not just economics? if so, then who builds the roads, the infrastructure one needs? The hospitals, schools. who comes to help you if your house is burning or some man from the woods takes your child? who teaches our children a common language? how to read and write? Perhaps you can clarify that for me.

My thoughts tho are this, if there is no government at all, this is a failed state. It would regress to the time of nomads and barbarians. It would be like the Wild West. We need governments to provide the essential infrastructure for us to live happy, productive, civilized life's. with out them, there is chaos. Anarchy if you will. Beyond very small localized pockets, you would see a broad range of dialects rise up. Customs etc.

#25 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

My interpretation of Anarchism based on that reading is, there is no government to regulate commerce and trade. In fact, there may be no government at all. It suggests that the common interest of merchants, farmers etc would regulate it self, creating a self sustaining economic ecosystem if you will. I can see the benifit of this.

However, in regards to there being no government, is this is true on every scale, not just economics? if so, then who builds the roads, the infrastructure one needs? The hospitals, schools. who comes to help you if your house is burning or some man from the woods takes your child? who teaches our children a common language? how to read and write? Perhaps you can clarify that for me.

My thoughts tho are this, if there is no government at all, this is a failed state. It would regress to the time of nomads and barbarians. It would be like the Wild West. We need governments to provide the essential infrastructure for us to live happy, productive, civilized life's. with out them, there is chaos. Anarchy if you will. Beyond very small localized pockets, you would see a broad range of dialects rise up. Customs etc.

Google 'Mutual Aid'.

#26 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Dude,
I agree that this is a sustainable, viable lifestyle that ultimately is probably better for the earth, at least how it has been run to this point. But, I argue that mainly, because it is the only one I truly care about, it would not exist if this system were in place, the internet. I think if the world were like this, we would be much more akin to the Mennonites. Not necessarily a bad thing Jebbidiah, but still there a lot of amenities a lot of scientific discoveries, art, music travel and culture that I would, neh the world would not know of given this system.

Essentially I am saying there is a give and take. Also, since there is no way in hell this system will exist on a mass scale anytime in my life time, baring the apocalypse I think we should work with what we got. And in the case of America, the worlds biggest player, they got it fucked.

In Iceland, the country where the econmic collapse first happened and was very hard hit. They put the bankers who caused this in jail. Also, bailed out the people, not the banks. That money trickled, in fact poured its way up, stabilizing everything. The trickle down policies do not work because someone along the way will probably not want to pay his workers much, will become greedy. Trickle up works because Joe Schmoe needs his essential services that he will pay for.

#27 Beatronome

Beatronome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatronome

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Ummmmm, no.

I don't mean more prisons, I meant they need to invest more in rehabilitation.

#28 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Portugal legalized every drug. Addiction has been cut in half. The prisons systems are eased up. What is the rest of the world missing? Oh yah, big oil conspiracy? Privatization of jail industries? Bullshiteeos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users