• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 Cise2

Cise2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

In light of the discussions made in the 'Behind the Beats' thread I have made an attempt to give a bit more thought to the beats as I listened to them and tried to provide a bit of feedback whether I liked it or not etc. as some people have mentioned they would like a bit more feedback/constructive criticism on their work. In trying to be honest I've left people comments that I didn't like their beat and tried to be constructive about it, but also gave props to those who I thought sounded nice. It's all just an opinion of what sounds good to me.

I was thinking next round people who would like some constructive criticism like put a [C] on their beat title somewhere to note that constructive criticism is welcomed. But i dunno, the listeners could just provide feedback on their own accord.

In saying that there have been some really dope beats this week and listening to all the beats it became clear the best part of the sample to chop up and use so you either had to do that really well to stand out or you just had to pick an entirely diff part and took the sample in an entirely diff direction to stand out.

Just a few of that cats who stood out for me:
ghprodu - WhyNOT?!? - DJSapien - arX - mcbublick

Vote:

a r X

good point, i think the [c] thing would be great, its a must we note that somewhere for everyone, cause i dont feel comfortable givving constructive feedback, i woudnt like to offend anyone.

#32 JHAS

JHAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jhas

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

I do not normally write motivations for how i vote. Mostly because I'm so fuckin insecure about my english.. but fuck it, what's the point of voting really, if nobody knows why u voted the way you did?

Soo.. here it goes:

ghprodu - the atmosphere, the bass work ... tops

E-lctro - becaussa those drums.. just sick.

4theworld - a breath of fresh air, really original. i especially liked the verbed drums.

ㄒ੬p⟑ᑹ♅✆nᘍ - this instantly got my head nodding. all elements in this beat just melts together so well.

arX - bassline is ill as shite and the groove is on point

Sev Seveer - Some classy shit right here, got that MPC feel to it.

Samyrrh - This is one of my absolute faves this week. freshly compressed and that MS20(?) bassline makes it funky as shie

Constrobuz - Is in the zone rite now i think.. the standard of the beats is just getting higher for every week, and this is no exception.

Komplikated - well arranged, and that upright bass is just too tasty.

enzoeyeris - probably worked hardest with the woodwind samples. Really melodic and relaxing yet snappy enough to get ones head to nod.

OSÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ x Simple Blasta - dope drums/bass combo and overall a really fresh and airy beat.

I vote for

S.F.T

do i even have 2 describe it? i mean, just listen to the intro.. and the mastering is just boss. flawless joint.

#33 JHAS

JHAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/jhas

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

oh wait, i forgot about WHYNOT?!?

the standard of his beats are so hi.. always worth a mention. keepin it real with those MPC grooves
props bro!

#34 Heavy Drama

Heavy Drama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

this is also my vote

S.F.T.
bloopy water noises ftw

#35 Sev Seveer

Sev Seveer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:beats. gear. teaching kids to make beats. writing. Roy Ayers Project. TheBeatINN
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/sevseveer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

what happens when a cat clearly has the majority? Do we start...early?

#36 4theworld

4theworld

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

This being my first time even hearing about this community and this awesome weekly competition, I'm going to try and be as clear cut and concise as I can. The following are the beats that I just found to be straight up "delicious" followed by the one that took the win for me.

GHPRODU- The way this joint had so much bounce swag to it, with the swingy feel I've come to love in the past couple years in hip hop made it a EASY fav.

arX- The bass, sax and the whole swingy head-bobbing of the track won me over quick tingz.

Ogi Feel The Beat- LOVED the consistent old skool vibe of the track, very creative use of woodwinds and the change ups were noiiice.

rippinclaws- The really nice way the sax sample was worked in gave it a hype vibe. Plus the drumwork was on point.

KommerzKlaus- The crispy drumwork and clear feel of the beat.

Judo Nein!- The experimental vibe was ill, the "waaoow!"vocal sample was hype, bass banging, and finally that unexpected change up at the end just made it a fav of mine.

S.F.T.- The way the wah sound works so well with the very crispy wet percs (not to mention the way the bass just rolls around) made this one of the most creative flips.

Speekless-Lord have mercy, the way that arp bass synth knocks around in that beat is just insaane, loved it.

My vote goes tooooooooooooo GHprodu I immediately fell in love with the creative style with which this beat was made, the swingy bassline was happenin`, and the drums were mad crispy.

#37 MindFusion

MindFusion

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hey guys. Just joined this community myself and had a lot of fun participating in my first ever battle :)

There are so many talented people in this community and all the flips were really good and unique.

When it comes down to business and my vote I will have to go with: CONSTROBUZ
constrobuz
I really loved the way he fliped it with the chilled out atmosphere and the woodwind he added was just beautiful.

#38 arX

arX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

It's been a treat going through eight pages of beats this morning.

Very tough deciding, especially in amongst the leading winners here, but my vote's going for rippinclaws. The way the harpsichord is sampled made for the best melody and harmonies I've heard this 'round. A lovely composition.

rippinclaws

#39 Speekless

Speekless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/speekless

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

I was thinking next round people who would like some constructive criticism like put a [C] on their beat title somewhere to note that constructive criticism is welcomed. But i dunno, the listeners could just provide feedback on their own accord.

I don't like the idea too much, I think everybody involved in these beat battles should be open for constructive criticism anyway :) As long as it's respectful it's all cool to me. What you make from the comments is only up to yourself. That is, assuming everybody is smart enough to say: "it's not my cup of tea" instead of "this is some whack-ass techno shit"... :)

What's the point of getting (or leaving) comments like "cool" or "nice" besides caressing your ego... I admit I also find myself doing it sometimes, it's also kind of an acknowledgement, like "i've listened to your beat" and I enjoy those comments on my beats too. But at the end of the day it's kinda useless.

So considering we should all strive to leave (and take) constructive criticism, I'm against the idea.
However if y'all wanna do it that way, i have no problem adding a C behind my beat lol
  • Sev Seveer likes this

#40 beatfux

beatfux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:beats, music, perfiktion, people, skateboard

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

sup fellas! feels good to get to vote after being absent for quite some time..
dope beats this week came from

mikeaveli (super lush and easy drum work and overall chilled atmosphere, got me seriously relaxed)
DJ Sapien (got that underwater feel and knocked the f'in juices outta them drums. also liked the vocal skits there)
arX (on and on and on.. dope drums and a real nice vibe to this beat)
MindFusion (that piece! more a finished experimental jam than just a simple beat, this had me dropping my jaw, so so fresh!)
S.F.T. (..what?? one of the most creative flips i heard in a long time, he just hit the right spot with that flowing, bubbling water theme and i think it's a deserved winner in the end)

i will vote for my man ENZO EYERIS, cause i loved how he extended the sample to a whole new construction and he really hit the spot with the different parts, all dope!

#41 kYtta

kYtta

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/kytta

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

a lot of dope beats !
my vote goes to gHprodu ! nice work fam...

#42 Renzo Garcia

Renzo Garcia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/renzo-garcia

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

The Beats this week were of a very high standard, woodwind was a really good choice to accompany that sample. Made most beats result in a very soulful and organic finish. Was proper gutted I had no time to get stuck in this week, I am most def on it next week. Been listening to everyones beats whilst at work today it's made my shift move a lot faster haha

The Mentionables (in no order)

,,,J0ndis

JHAS

DJSapien

rippinclaws

Ogi feel the Beat

ghprodu

arX

☁Sev Seveer☁

Samyrrh

Cise2

mcbublick

S. F. T.

TheEnginear

enzoeyeris

GMGbeats

It was real tight with Ogi feel the Beat, DJSapien, S. F. T., arX & Cise2

I will have to go with :

Ogi feel the Beat

....as always peACE AND pROsPER TILL next week........

#43 ferachi

ferachi

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ferachi

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

So many decent beats... It's overwhelming to choose one favorite...

Some of my favs in no particular order:

S.F.T.
Cise2
Madi Beats
Stanscrates
Sev Seveer
GHprodu
EnzoEyeris
DJ Sapien
Zexual

There really wasn't an entry that I didn't like. I'm tempted to cast my vote for the last 43sec. of Enzo's beat, but I'm going to go with:

GHprodu

Thanks to everyone who gave my entry a listen. I don't get as much time as I'd like to mess around with my music, so it's good to get some feedback from knowledgeable folks on the little bit that I do get out. I'm just in this for the fun and creativity of it. If someone else gets a little bit of enjoyment out of what I put out there, than that's just a bonus for me. Thanks.

#44 steezo

steezo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/stanscrates

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

So many dope tracks - really!

Don't have the time right now, cause I'm in the middle of redecorating my room. So here are my Top 5 picks:

S.F.T. - The Renaissance [BB286]
GHprodu - Time To Go [STBB 286]
Cowboi Booze // STBB 286
Sev Seveer - Ghetto Maff 286 (90s mixdown)
Ogi feel the Beat - Elena @Stbb 286

Winner:
Ogi feel the mf Beat. was a close call between him and sev seveer… but that flute you know…?!
  • Sev Seveer likes this

#45 NellaVibez

NellaVibez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Bangin week with a bangin sample,probs too everybody who dropped some feeds and love

I got a couple names i have to mention:

Moxatron,,enginear,kommerklauz,jhas,Sev seveer,arx,joseph hailu,da bendaz,rippinclaws.asperity beatz,stan crates.rumpetaske,beatfux,4theworld,anthony sample,ben ,

Mindfusion
enzo
speechless
ghprodu

Im with sev on the OGI thing,quit sleeping peeps, <_<

#46 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:my team: perfiktion (together with BEATFUX)
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

speekless!!!gmg///E-lectro///rumpetaske///sft//CISE2///astro SKi-h!///mindFUSION///sev seveer///arx///gh produ

#47 ZexuaI

ZexuaI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/zexual

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Man. Gerat music and positive vibes here recently.
Gotta love this forum. Props all round!

#48 Sev Seveer

Sev Seveer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:beats. gear. teaching kids to make beats. writing. Roy Ayers Project. TheBeatINN
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/sevseveer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

So many dope tracks - really!

Don't have the time right now, cause I'm in the middle of redecorating my room. So here are my Top 5 picks:

S.F.T. - The Renaissance [BB286]
GHprodu - Time To Go [STBB 286]
Cowboi Booze // STBB 286
Sev Seveer - Ghetto Maff 286 (90s mixdown)
Ogi feel the Beat - Elena @Stbb 286

Winner:
Ogi feel the mf Beat. was a close call between him and sev seveer… but that flute you know…?!

lol if you had me vs. Ogi as your final two and voted for me I would have been like, "you chose wrong, you need a recount" lol
  • steezo likes this

#49 WhyNOT!?!

WhyNOT!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Wow!!! It was one of the best rounds!! For me it is very difficult to choose the winner!!! And the first three places for me also are winners! But should choose one! F#ck!! :mellow:
5. SMEAR- good beat!
4.GHprodu - excellent bass!
3.JHAS - cool mix of a flute and sample!!!!
2.Ogi feel the Beat - really beautiful vibe in your track!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. S.F.T - Man!!! You kill me!!! Fantastic atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace.!!!!!!

#50 mikeaveli

mikeaveli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

took some time to get through all the submissions cause i didn´t want to skip one of them.

nice week, everybody!

$#NeLLa#$ zexua lDJSapien SMEAR rippinclaws Ogi feel the Beat ghprodu arX ☁Sev Seveer☁ TheEnginear Cise2 enzoeyeris
S. F. T.

a r X

#51 Mẳdi Beats

Mẳdi Beats

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop Soul expérimental,u know what it is !
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/madi-beats

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

A lot of good shits for this week ! Many favs but for me the winner is : S.F.T

#52 Obi-Dan-Kenobi

Obi-Dan-Kenobi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'm gonna go with OGI FEEL THe BeAT!!!
so so many sick beats it was silly this week.

#53 jsensei

jsensei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

zexua
JHAS
SMEAR
ㄒ੬p⟑ᑹ♅✆nᘍ (how to type that?)
TB Blends
GMGbeats
S.F.T.

i hace a feeling that i should put 2x more names in here...

edit:

i write 'dope' 'nice' and 'STMB dont like to see that feedback' because i cant express my thoughts in english and thats all.

#54 Samyrrh

Samyrrh

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Beats this week were very nice!

Some of my faves:
DjSapien
mikeaveli
Sev Seveer
arX
GHprodu
DA BENDA
rippinclaws
FredsonJacobs
Astro
Cise2

I have to give this one to S.F.T. because of the initial WOW factor. Very nice composition and vibes

#55 outlier

outlier

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

I haven't been around here since STBB1 thru STBB15. it's great to see such huge turnouts for these weekly beats.

My standouts this week are:

arX
Cise2
Rippinclaws
Smear

Zexual

#56 Cise2

Cise2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Nice to see people mentioning my name :) much luv, peace!

#57 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

S.F.T.

#58 1instrument

1instrument

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:guns, food, helicopters, candy, polo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hurricane Isaac kept me out the mix this week, but I just got listen to most of the submissions and heard some really inovative flips...

Keep up the great work everybody. peace

#59 deadmarauder

deadmarauder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

damn the vocals in that sample really let people open up some glorious beats, i would vote for ghprodu but looks like he already has it. and shit he has enough of my votes. i really like the groove to
Foshna makes me want to rap.
  • em seven likes this

#60 em seven

em seven

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:PRAGMATIC THEORY CREW
    RHYTHM22.COM

ONE LOVE.
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/emseven

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

favorited: Enzoeyeris // the enginear // kommerzklaus // foshna // jhas // s.f.t. // joseph hailu // fredson jacobs

I must say I really enjoyed yours kommerzklaus ! so it was among that with enzoeyeris // the enginear // s.f.t. ...

and my vote goes to...

S. F. T. jes can't deny that track.... peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users