• Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/zexual

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

VOTE 286*

Posted Image

LISTEN TO THE BEATS >>HERE<<

Vote in this thread with...
BIG BOLD FONTS and
CRAZY COLOURS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody votes!
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
List as many beats as you like but only vote for 1.

DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF!
Respect yourself and each other by keeping it legit!

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting until Friday Midnight NYC time
Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time

FAQ

-----------------------------------------

Please note: ANYONE can post this vote thread, once the submission deadline has passed.

#2 Cise2

Cise2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

Heard alot of Crazy OFF THE HOOK flips.
I Vote DJSAPIEN!!!

#3 ZexuaI

ZexuaI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/zexual

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

MellowYouth, BEN BADA BOOM, KommerzKlaus, constrobuz, Cise2, speekless, $#NeLLa#$, stanscrates, DJSapien, JHAS, FredsonJacobs...
ras dude, rumpetaske, arX , Daily beats, Simple Blasta x OSØ, enzoeyeris, S. F. T.....

I vote:
GHprodu

#4 Fredson Jacobs

Fredson Jacobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/fredsonjacobs

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

There was so many again this week but GHProdu caught me off guard with a banger.

#5 kommerzklaus

kommerzklaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/kommerzklaus

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

dope list: gh produ , shabs , s.f.t (!!!) , oso, sapien...but one beat was so fucking slept on in my opinion. probably its not really the best, but it has something which makes me vote for it:

MOOT-K.

you definitely owe me that busta remix dude.

#6 ras dude

ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, podcasts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

ENZOEYERIS

#7 buttaslick

buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:if they know the sample i`ve failed
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ buttaslick

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

there is nothing but great beats up this week, so my top five list isn't important you know who you are dope ass eat making mutaphuckas you But my winner this week with the most complete beat is GHprodu

#8 WhatitDizz

WhatitDizz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:diggin crates for old dusty records,
    beatmaking, DJing
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/whatitdizz

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

i vote for BEN BADA BOOM!! Dope Beat
i really digged Enzo Eyeris, Madi Beats, Mr. Judo Chops and Komplikated Beats... shout out to you guys. Awesome work!!! #STBB286

#9 DJ Sapien

DJ Sapien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:The beautiful things in life.
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/djsapien

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Favorites: Constrobuz, Stancrates, Sev Seveer, Ben Bada Boom, Zexual, Jondis, JHAS

3. Speekless

2. Simple Blasta X Oso

1. S.F.T.

#10 FRIS

FRIS

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

S.F.T. by far! :blink:

#11 ghprodu

ghprodu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/ghprodu

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

SEV SEVEER

#12 Tep⟑ph✆ne

Tep⟑ph✆ne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Like 20% on some loan shark ish.
  • Soundcloud:tepaphone

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

speekless
TheEnginear
S. F. T.
KommerzKlaus
Samyrrh
ghprodu
☁Sev Seveer☁
DJSapien
JHAS

#13 Beatologist

Beatologist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/rulexbeats

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

Damn, too many dope flips this week! Really hard to decide!
Ok, here we go, I liked: speekless, mcbublick, Asperity, stanscrates, 30:bpm Daily Beats, arX, B-Seo, Buttaslick aka Mr. Judo Chop (I love that name), zexual, DJ Sapien.
Now come the rankings:
5. GHprodu ---> for that cheesy but somehow dope saxophone and that crazy bass (as always)
4. Sev Seveer ---> Center Of Attention, that's all I want to say about this beat!!!
3. Cise2 ---> this needs A.G. or Sean Price to spit some street shit on it!
2. The Enginear ---> I would've voted his beat for sounding like it was mastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner if it weren't for...

S.F.T.!!! for being experimental but still making me bang my head till it breaks!
  • Sev Seveer and WhatitDizz like this

#14 Sev Seveer

Sev Seveer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:beats. gear. teaching kids to make beats. writing. Roy Ayers Project. TheBeatINN
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/sevseveer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

lol for future reference, it is really not neccessary to include the cloud characters that are found on my soundcloud. I know that is making the process difficult for all the people who dont know the keystroke code for that (i dont even know). but if you'd rather, then by all means.

#15 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

mellowyouth, speekless, oso x simple blasta, s.f.t, ghprodu, ben bada boom, qodak for the sinister g.w. bush quotes lol

voting for speekless although it loses energy at the end, and his bass goes into a very high range which may be a little iffy for the no synth rule but w/e who gives a fuck

#16 DJ Sapien

DJ Sapien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:The beautiful things in life.
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/djsapien

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

lol for future reference, it is really not neccessary to include the cloud characters that are found on my soundcloud. I know that is making the process difficult for all the people who dont know the keystroke code for that (i dont even know). but if you'd rather, then by all means.

I still haven't figured out how to do that minuscule in Oso's name and y'all are talmbout clouds? LOL :lol:

#17 Sev Seveer

Sev Seveer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:beats. gear. teaching kids to make beats. writing. Roy Ayers Project. TheBeatINN
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/sevseveer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

This week was really....twangy....lol. I don't really like twangy. I'm sure if Slug were to come through STBB for beats to rap on he'd bust a nut with all these twangy ass beats

With that said, I'll admit i was more partial to the non-twangy flips....(however, a few beats with that sound...SMEAR...Mikeaveli...and Nella) laced incredibly well arranged tracks that my ears fell in love with immediately, both would sound perfect with some Typical Cats emcee'n)

I REALLY loved Buttaslick's "All In" beat. My birthday is December 12th and on that day I want the fully mixed/mastered version of that song. Straight up dreamy story telling beat that sounded classic as fuck. Please send that beat immediately to J-Live.

Mad insightful work from DJ Sapien once again, and as usual. thank you for including an overdramatic bagpipe orchestra tuning tone for your intro. really ill on the drums and stereo mix delay on the snare (which im beginning to see is your secondary special-meter move when it comes to alot of beats, 1st being your crisp scratches)

ghprodo - all I have to say is, keys. gawdamn. In the Behind the Beat Thread I am certainly going to ask you, as well as any others who might know, the best way to properly use the mod/pitch wheel. Sometimes I get that right on accident, but I want to beast it like the way it sounds on this track

i had a TRULY difficult time picking between SFT and my winner. SFT won the round in the mix category (huge for me). Really thick sound came out of that track and the woodwinds were superb, I couldn't believe how seamless and powerful the winds were in that beat. ridiculous

I vote Ogi Feel the Beat. Its a damn travesty that he hasn't got a vote yet by the time of my posting this. his track is unbelievable. did it break the rules or something???? its being straight hibernated on, lol fuck bein slept on. microscopic detail in the arrangement, no bar is the same as the last, brilliant use of woodwind, and awesome mix. cheers brah

#18 Smear

Smear

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/smearone

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

so many dope flips.. faaaak. what a great round! tough choice to decide..
some of my favs.. ::

GHprodu
Ogi Feel the Beat
whynot?!?
TheEnginear
enzoeyeris
Djsapien
But the one that resonated most with me is:: Sev Seveer

#19 joe5head

joe5head

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

<-- how i felt adding in woodwind this round lol.

Ya really interesting round

big ups to everybody

OSO
Sev Seever
S.F.T.
Ogi Feel The Beat

#20 OSŲ

OSŲ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:interests?

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

S.F.T.
bloopy water noises ftw

#21 Ogi feel the Beat

Ogi feel the Beat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:http://www.youtube.com/user/Dofcompany
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ogiftb http://soundcloud.com/oftb2

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

SPEEKLESS this guy have whole composition in is flip! Bravo!
  • Speekless likes this

#22 Crystal Joker

Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:My Ganja, Oranges, Coffee
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/head-jamz

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

KommerzKlaus

#23 Terry Teo

Terry Teo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

dope sample this week ... which lead to a whole bunch of dope beats ... came down to Ogi feel the beat and SFT for me, gonna have to give it to SFT

#24 Speekless

Speekless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/speekless

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

I really hate to always vote for the same person, but... dopest is dopest!

SFT is on fire...

So much quality though this week, this was one of the craziest i've voted in so far. All of you were really dope too:
Cise2, ghprodu, The Enginear, rumpetaske, mcbublick, WhyNot, FredsonJacobs, Sev Seveer, JHAS, j0ndis, rippinclaws, Nella, mIRS, Astro, constrobuz, Enzoeyeris, Komplikated, Ogi, Benbadaboom, Tepaphone, Anthony Sample, KommerzKlaus, Samyrrh and Madibeats

And thanks for the votes and all the nice comments! It's been a real rough week for me so I appreciate it all the more...
  • ZexuaI likes this

#25 buttaslick

buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

I really hate to always vote for the same person, but... dopest is dopest!

SFT is on fire...

So much quality though this week, this was one of the craziest i've voted in so far. All of you were really dope too:
Cise2, ghprodu, The Enginear, rumpetaske, mcbublick, WhyNot, FredsonJacobs, Sev Seveer, JHAS, j0ndis, rippinclaws, Nella, mIRS, Astro, constrobuz, Enzoeyeris, Komplikated, Ogi, Benbadaboom, Tepaphone, Anthony Sample, KommerzKlaus, Samyrrh and Madibeats

And thanks for the votes and all the nice comments! It's been a real rough week for me so I appreciate it all the more...

No shame in the truth

#26 buttaslick

buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

This week was really....twangy....lol. I don't really like twangy. I'm sure if Slug were to come through STBB for beats to rap on he'd bust a nut with all these twangy ass beats

With that said, I'll admit i was more partial to the non-twangy flips....(however, a few beats with that sound...SMEAR...Mikeaveli...and Nella) laced incredibly well arranged tracks that my ears fell in love with immediately, both would sound perfect with some Typical Cats emcee'n)

I REALLY loved Buttaslick's "All In" beat. My birthday is December 12th and on that day I want the fully mixed/mastered version of that song. Straight up dreamy story telling beat that sounded classic as fuck. Please send that beat immediately to J-Live.

Mad insightful work from DJ Sapien once again, and as usual. thank you for including an overdramatic bagpipe orchestra tuning tone for your intro. really ill on the drums and stereo mix delay on the snare (which im beginning to see is your secondary special-meter move when it comes to alot of beats, 1st being your crisp scratches)

ghprodo - all I have to say is, keys. gawdamn. In the Behind the Beat Thread I am certainly going to ask you, as well as any others who might know, the best way to properly use the mod/pitch wheel. Sometimes I get that right on accident, but I want to beast it like the way it sounds on this track

i had a TRULY difficult time picking between SFT and my winner. SFT won the round in the mix category (huge for me). Really thick sound came out of that track and the woodwinds were superb, I couldn't believe how seamless and powerful the winds were in that beat. ridiculous

I vote Ogi Feel the Beat. Its a damn travesty that he hasn't got a vote yet by the time of my posting this. his track is unbelievable. did it break the rules or something???? its being straight hibernated on, lol fuck bein slept on. microscopic detail in the arrangement, no bar is the same as the last, brilliant use of woodwind, and awesome mix. cheers brah

I'll do you one better I'll give you this track and do a remix J-live joint and i barely do remixes but I can't just call J no more after what happen in Omaha damn Omaha oh well I go you the 12th

#27 mcbublick

mcbublick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

Beats by these producers are the beats i Faved :

JHAS - filtering on point + how the woodwind sneaks there. good vibe to it.

☁Sev Seveer☁ - that sax going qua qua qua qua qua qua and the vocal sample

Ferachi - intresting woodwind + phat bass

Anthony Sample - goes boom bap hard + cheesy wisdom

BEN BADA BOOM - tight all round, drum rolls and mix got me.

beatfux aka sysout - real positive energy

SMEAR - lil touches make it so much more than ur standart boombap

FredsonJacobs - Hi Hat maddness

rippinclaws - texture

arX - BUMP

Buttaslick aka Mr. Judo Chop - good color and flow. sax is bomb

Joseph Hailu - jusst Dope flow

ㄒ੬p⟑ᑹ♅✆nᘍ - teaphone - sstructure, sound, flow

S. F. T - speechless ! liquid percussivness

zexual - sound, color, structure, woodwinds..!

ghprodu - its just that GH sound, gets me ery time!!!

Judo Nein! - springy snare! EFX

Ԏhe 4444 - DRUMS , color

Samyrrh - bass, flow!!!

Cise2 - DRUMS, composition.

TOP 5 :
Samyrrh
S. F. T
zexual
arX
ghprodu

Vote :

S. F. T

#28 steezo

steezo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/stanscrates

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

I still haven't figured out how to do that minuscule in Oso's name and y'all are talmbout clouds? LOL :lol:

On my crackbook it's ALT+o like sØøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøø. On PC it's prøbably ALTGr + o
  • sft likes this

#29 sft

sft

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Beats Rhymes & Life.

Facebook.com/sftbeats
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/sftbeats

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

In light of the discussions made in the 'Behind the Beats' thread I have made an attempt to give a bit more thought to the beats as I listened to them and tried to provide a bit of feedback whether I liked it or not etc. as some people have mentioned they would like a bit more feedback/constructive criticism on their work. In trying to be honest I've left people comments that I didn't like their beat and tried to be constructive about it, but also gave props to those who I thought sounded nice. It's all just an opinion of what sounds good to me.

I was thinking next round people who would like some constructive criticism like put a [C] on their beat title somewhere to note that constructive criticism is welcomed. But i dunno, the listeners could just provide feedback on their own accord.

In saying that there have been some really dope beats this week and listening to all the beats it became clear the best part of the sample to chop up and use so you either had to do that really well to stand out or you just had to pick an entirely diff part and took the sample in an entirely diff direction to stand out.

Just a few of that cats who stood out for me:
ghprodu - WhyNOT?!? - DJSapien - arX - mcbublick

Vote:

a r X
  • JHAS likes this

#30 mskn-spshn

mskn-spshn

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:The beats
    The rhymes
    The samples
    The beats
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/judonein

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think thats an awesome idea SFT, it'll help those who wanna get better to know their weaknesses and from there just build..
So many good beats, but i'm gonna go with ghprodu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users