3 replies to this topic

#1 badahboom

badahboom

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:music, movies, wine & weed.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I was listening to "sweet back baadasssss song" ost earlier this evening (euro time zone) and I suddenly remembered that in 2005 Stonesthrow posted this :

"Last night in Los Angeles, Melvin Van Peebles publicly announced his next project - a double album with Madlib to be released on Stones Throw. The first half of the album will be his own Brer Soul Meets Quasimoto and the second half will be the Madlib Invazion remix."

See : http://www.stonesthr...meets-lord-quas

I'm wondering what happened since ST made this announcement... Anybody have a clue ? Is there any chance that this project see the light ?

#2 yasharwan

yasharwan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

quas went on vacation,hes enjoying the sucsess of the first 2 albums and wont return until he runs out of music movies wine and weed!!!! hes out of orbit!!!!!!!!

AINT WE?
  • badahboom likes this

#3 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Van Peebles and quas didnt share artistic visions. Their arguement escalated into a brawl. Quas got shanked. Melvin got sued. Project fail!

...read the same thing happened to one of the dudes in Jahari Masamba Unit.
  • yasharwan likes this

#4 E.Powers

E.Powers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Finding weird ish inside record covers.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

http://www.stonesthr...p?showtopic=701

there was another thread that was ongoing about this issue as well. Someday, after many moons, the secret test press will be leaked out and our heads will explode,......... or it will be massively post climatic....... but I'm still waiting..... Eagerly.
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users