13 replies to this topic

#1 Tackler

Tackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

i think madlib did make some beats for kanye and forsure this sample was probably in most of em... dont know who produced this beat but they straight took this from madlib and j rocc!

stonesthrow champion sound!

#2 KieranCrawford

KieranCrawford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:nah what
  • Soundcloud:hhaha wat

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

We'll never know if madlib inspired the sample. we won't even know if madlib sent the samples in, really. I mean how could anybody not feel lib's beats. idk its too many questions and never any answers so who cares.

#3 django

django

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

watchu talkin bout it's fuzzy jones, the whole world has been sampling him since the 80's....do your research homes its a classic

#4 Charlie

Charlie

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

I could see mad producing shit for these dudes anonymously... sometimes when I'm real stoned I think about the possibility of lib having produced "Otis" but not wanting to get blown out like those dudes are.

#5 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

thought this was gonna be kanye flipping that indian sample madlib used for champion sound... like django said people where sampling fuzzy before madlib...

#6 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

do i hear the same beat as you ?? i dont hear a madlib type of beat lol
  • GC90 likes this

#7 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

sometimes when I'm real stoned I think about the possibility of lib having produced "Otis" but not wanting to get blown out like those dudes are.

When I first heard this song I had thought it might have been one of the beats Madlib sold to Kanye and whatnot. Still curious as to why he hasn't used any of them yet :wacko:

#8 Tackler

Tackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

im curious as too why he didnt use any madlib beats either?? shit would of been fire! specially if its a soulful sample, ye gets down to those! yeah i know ive heard that fuzzy sample in many places, but madlib uses it alot so it kinda had me thinking maybe thats where kanye got the idea to use it in a beat... i also like to think that ye bit dilla on that long red sample he overuses.. but its been around also.

#9 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

sometimes when I'm real stoned I think about the possibility of lib having produced "Otis" but not wanting to get blown out like those dudes are.

Seeing how that is one of the least innovative 'beats' to come out in years I highly doubt the prolific Otis Jackson Jr. was the mastermind behind it.

#10 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Seeing how that is one of the least innovative 'beats' to come out in years I highly doubt the prolific Otis Jackson Jr. was the mastermind behind it.

was going to post the samae thing, but you did it for me.

#11 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

I guess people aren't used to hearing samples in Kanye's music anymore, which is why some might have believed it was a Madlib beat lol.

#12 Tackler

Tackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

damn do people read threads or do they just skim through em

"dont know who produced this beat but they straight took this from madlib and j rocc!"

no one has said they think madlib produced this.. it doesnt sound anything like madlib.. im just sayin maybe most of the beats madlib sent in had this vocal sample in them and kanye just decided to use it in a beat hence he stole their steez! but its just a thought mofukazzz dont be so serious. ;)

#13 Tackler

Tackler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

you know what maybe im just high but fuck this message board it aint the same as it used to.. seems like nowadays theres a bunch of hipsters tryin to sound intellectual about music, hip hop is meant to be fun. yall keep it too strict around here tryin to punk other people around and make others feel inferior when they ask a question or post something that you already know. its sad when every thread you open up starts with "i dont know if this has been posted before( has already been posted)......." just so nerds wont get mad when they have to click the back button if its already been posted before

#14 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hey tackler, why don't you tackle THIS??

<insert giant picture of penis here>
  • ShirtReynolds and GC90 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users