10 replies to this topic

#1 quikfit

quikfit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

This was brought put in another post, but maybe it deserves it's own?
It appears as though Stones Throw and Now Again aren't doing (as much) business anymore.
Now Again products are no longer available in the ST store. Now Again are setting up their own web store, so that sort of makes sense.
However, somebody pointed out in the original post that even News items from the ST site about Now Again releases have been deleted.
I know Egon has left ST, but hopefully things haven't gone sour between the two camps.
I mean, he's managing Madlib still, and Madlib Invasion releases are still coming through, so things can't be (hopefully) all that bad, right?
Can anybody shed any light on this possible parting of ways??

(Original post: http://www.stonesthr...showtopic=23002)

#2 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

GOOD QUESTION(S)

#3 GC90

GC90

waxramble / Discogs / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

I imagine there isn't any issue, I'd just think Egon is trying to do more of his own thing with Now Again. For a while I had thought Now Again was just a sub label of Stones Throw, but later found out that this was not the case. So maybe moving everything over to Now Again will help to make his own label more clear/focused. Dunno

I did think it was weird how the posts were deleted though :wacko:

#4 Beatstro

Beatstro

Rookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

My friend in Japan own store. He tell me today where he buy record from Now Again and Madlib leave Stones Throw. He do not know why?

#5 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

I think Now Again has established itself by now and doesn't really need the Stones Throw help.

I need to dig deeper in the Now Again catalog, I missed a shit load of releases in the past years.

I think the last one I picked up was the Kashmere Stage Band & The Whitefield Brothers "In The Raw". I feel bad now

#6 quikfit

quikfit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

I think the last one I picked up was the Kashmere Stage Band & The Whitefield Brothers "In The Raw". I feel bad now

Oh man, there's been so many good releases since then. When you have the time/money, definitely start diggin

#7 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

Seems like mostly all the NA stuff has been taken out of the catalog as well.

#8 E.Powers

E.Powers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Finding weird ish inside record covers.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

I haven't been keeping up with any of this, so this whole idea of Egon "leaving" ST is news to me. He has been focusing on NA for a hot minute now, which is why he created it. The two catalog's should be separated, that makes sense, they are two different companies. I would have a hard time believing that there is anything going on besides the two companies simply restructuring and organizing. Funny thing is for me at least, NA has been the stronger label for many years now.

#9 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Anybody know any good online shops that carry Now Again since they don't have a webstore up yet?

It's kind of odd that everything Now Again related just disappeared off stonesthrow, you think they would be ready with a webstore and you think they would announce it. seems sus

#10 Taskmaster2112

Taskmaster2112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Dusty Groove has a bunch of Now Again stuff. It's not everything, but it's a good place to look.

http://www.dustygroo...oos=1&incl_cs=1

#11 gills87

gills87

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

That's sad to hear.. I got that shaking shocking days (Indonesian psychedelic funk rock) release from now again not too long ago and was hoping to pick up more releases from them but loved getting the stones throw stickers along with :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users