DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

Ish doing his thing and putting some Seattle hip hop out there.

#3 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

What i herad is aight but me thinks it will never beat out digable. That one video he has tho is cool, the one based on the black and white movie in watts.

#4 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

y'all need to check out black up. and some weed.

#5 Guts

Guts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Mario

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

i kill i coast i brag i boast i toast to cake and crime/
doin the most at stronger dose a king in leisure time so

grifty knows

#6 ShirtReynolds

ShirtReynolds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Dirty knees. . .

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

y'all need to check out black up. and some weed.

Yup. Saw that shit at this record store that was closing and bought it for the cover/label alone. I think it took me a month or two til I found out who it was. Either way, too good of an album. I always struggle to make it past track 4, not because I don't like the rest, but because those might be the strongest opening tracks I've heard in a while.

#7 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

why hasn't this thread been resurrected yet?

i can't believe none of the heads here have gotten around to discussing Lese Majesty, it's been out since like early summer.

thoughts?

i was late to the party, but i'm seeing them on the 22nd so i caught myself right the fuck up.

and my consensus is that once you're acclimated to the newer sounds they're trying out on this one, it's pretty fucking amazing -- at the very least one of the year's best.  SP is one of the few groups out there attempting to push the boundaries of hip-hop forward, and innovation is key to the preservation of any culture...so i'm just not sure why we aren't all blowing Ish right now for being the realest OG in the game right now.

#8 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,504 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

yeah i really like the new album same for 'black out' and the e.p's they put out, saw them last year, plus you can fuck with these press shots

shabazz-interview-11.jpg

ShabazzPalaces_2014_11_PatrickOBrienSmit

• Sobermindedmusic likes this

#9 1stN3rd

1stN3rd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/1stn3rd

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Yeah new album is crazy. I have given it a few listens but need to go more in-depth. Someone tweeted "Shabazz Palaces new album was recorded in a spaceship" and that pretty much sums it up.

• mangoes cash likes this

#10 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

i played black *up* so much the cd broke.  Lese is dope, but there's two songs on there that just bug me.  whatever has the lyric "i'm very nice like jerry rice"  i was like......cmon fool.   then "eating cake" gets on my nerves too

*but aside from that very dope album.  love the opening 2 tracks

#11 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

i played black out so much the cd broke.  Lese is dope, but there's two songs on there that just bug me.  whatever has the lyric "i'm very nice like jerry rice"  i was like......cmon fool.   then "eating cake" gets on my nerves too

*but aside from that very dope album.  love the opening 2 tracks

i'm coming up like Donald Duck?  haha, he had to have been on some pretty strong hallucinogens when he wrote that track.

#12 Sobermindedmusic

Sobermindedmusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/sober-minded-music

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

yeah i really like the new album same for 'black out' and the e.p's they put out, saw them last year, plus you can fuck with these press shots

shabazz-interview-11.jpg

ShabazzPalaces_2014_11_PatrickOBrienSmit

The press shots are what got me to check the album out.  As for the album, I don't think I'm supposed to like it, but I like it a lot.

#13 MaddMannMatt

MaddMannMatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:59 AM

The artwork and the etched vinyl are just as sick as the record.

#14 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted Today, 05:31 PM

just saw them last night, and i gotta say...that might have been the best show i've seen all year.

they really go all out when they perform.

& they showed up like an hour and a half late and were set-up and ready to go in less than 20 mins, which was cool because there's nothing i hate more than just standing in front of the stage twiddling my thumbs like an asshole.

they played a lot of stuff i've never heard before, made me very intrigued about this possible, mysterious back-catalog of unreleased shit they may be sitting on.  but every time they played something from Black Up or the new one i got buck wild in the crowd lol.  i think they were really digging the energy of the room, because they closed out their set and then seemingly came back up to do an impromptu encore.  i saw Ish say something to Tendai as he began walking back on stage.  Tendai seemed a bit more apprehensive to keep playing shit compared to Ish haha, but they made the big finale with "Recollections of the Wraith" and then Ish came down to shake hands with people.  that was really cool too, because for once i actually got to meet one of these guys i look up to -- and yeah, he's a really humble, good-natured dude.  i didn't wanna be a dick rider or anything lol, the rest of the crowd had that angle covered anyway; i just shook his hand, told him i've been a big fan since the Digable Planets days, and that Black Up was one of the few albums that influenced me to start making music on my own.  he seemed pretty genuine when he told me to keep doing my thing, was definitely a really cool way to top off the night.

other artists should take note of this more friendly approach (**ahem, Wayniac**)...i mean, look -- i'm a fucking hermit, i totally understand the feeling of not wanting to be around people in general.  most of us are assholes, half of the people who approached Ish were literally just looking for Instagram-bait and/or possibly to suck his dick in the alley.  but for every 10-50 of those guys there's usually 1-2 that are well-adjusted and not complete sociopaths.  all i ever want after a good show is to shake your hand, make direct eye contact with you, tell you that i'm a fan, thank you for coming out, and close in for the lip-lock of a lifetime...

^ haha...okay, that last part's just a joke. 

i only kiss on the third show

#15 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted Today, 05:57 PM

Yeah dude I saw them two years ago at Yoshis in SF. They were doooope. I'm usually a lame ass wallflower at shows but shabazz had me going nuts! They came down and chilled with us after the show too. Have to be honest it was probably the dopest show I've ever been too. Luckily, though, they were on time for us that night

#16 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted Today, 06:15 PM

Yeah dude I saw them two years ago at Yoshis in SF. They were doooope. I'm usually a lame ass wallflower at shows but shabazz had me going nuts! They came down and chilled with us after the show too. Have to be honest it was probably the dopest show I've ever been too. Luckily, though, they were on time for us that night

and luckily for me, i was an hour and a half late haha.  i went directly from a film screening to the show, which i'll get into over in the Films thread...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users