75 replies to this topic

#61 daikumo

daikumo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/daikumo

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

Yo Beatfux ! I'm new here, so i don't know how it was before... I just did follow the rules that were mentioned in the precedent battle : '' voting until friday NYC Time '' which is for me 6 AM. It was my own decision. I can understand your point and things can change... For me 6 hours later would be nice. More experienced members or moderators should decide to change or not these rules. Sorry for the frustration. Peace

#62 Komplikated

Komplikated

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Music
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/komplikated

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

Even with the six hours later i still forgot it, my bad, sorry.

#63 Zexual

Zexual

• Dismissed
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

So many people submitting entries but not bothering to vote. Shame that.
Props to upprhand tho. Great beat.

#64 GrillZouTdAmoutH

GrillZouTdAmoutH

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

So many people submitting entries but not bothering to vote.

Agreed,

Quick Fix: If You don't vote and you submitted a beat, that person should NOT be able to participate in the next 1 or 2 battles, blocked out. obviously some more than others have a harder time voting but at least come on the forum and let peeps know why u couldn't instead of nothing. If you want it taken seriously then do it right: VOTE
  • Grifty-Rodriguez likes this

#65 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:my team: perfiktion (together with BEATFUX)
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

well I am against blocking! --

sometimes peeps just have bigger "problems" like: girlfriends, family, work, school, university...
and to break it down to the pragmatic level: who should be the one to control the one, that are blocked? should we do a list? or the moderators on soundcloud just delete stuff... or...what?

no - that's to much effort for those who don't vote

let's draw the attention to those, who push this STMB bb forward-----
and the other thing....

I am down with this voting time: Thursday 0:01 AM - NYC time- to Saturday 11:59pm ---is that good?

enzo eyeris

#66 MOXATRON

MOXATRON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Bashing out Beats on my MPD, skateboarding, Drawing skulls, and other stuff... like playing pool.
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/moxatron

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Word up people I see that I've missed the deadline! But my hours that I work have destroyed my normal concept of time.

Anyhow I would have voted for OSØ.

Sorry for my long absence in these battles, I see that there is plenty of beats to listen to! Damn 90 odd beats in amazing!

Big up's to all.

Peace.

#67 GrillZouTdAmoutH

GrillZouTdAmoutH

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

to much effort shouldn't be in a moderators vocabulary.

pushing STMB forward means participating aka voting means you listen....hopefully

music is my biggest problem life happens to us all

#68 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

to much effort shouldn't be in a moderators vocabulary.

first off:
I am a moderator in soundcloud - not in the stmb! so chill!

but tell me how you would organize this? a time-out list? tell me! complaining is easy... do you want to be a referee?

and at last: don't tell me what should be in my vocab! If I wouldn't give a shit - then I wouldn't write in here!

#69 GrillZouTdAmoutH

GrillZouTdAmoutH

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Listen uP young man^, you ARE a F-ing Moderator on stones throw beat battle group ..... if u can make beats on a grand scale, I'm sure you and the other 100 moderators can figure out how the f@#K to stop spam, stop beat upping, and most certainly keep a eye on who's voting or not. it's called responsibility... i'm sure that's in your vocab!

Complaining IS easy when it's a fact!
  • enzo eyeris likes this

#70 Zexual

Zexual

• Dismissed
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

wtf

#71 Minvk

Minvk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

i dont think it should matter if people vote or not, some people do have other business they gotta handle throughout the week and dont get a chance to listen to all the beats, specially since theres 3 pages.... in reality this beat battle has gotten so big that the voting process is basically to see who gets to decide the next sample... ill admit that i dont listen to the beats more than once, (unless theyre really bangin or im faded then i have the patience and time to sit and listen to everything thouroughly) and sometimes i listen to them throughout the week which does affect my voting since ill have forgotten what ive heard

basically what im saying is that the voting shouldnt be taken serious to a degree,as long as we have a good amount of people voting. im sure some people just join the battles to improve there game and compare how other people flipped the sample and see different approaches

what does get me mad though is people who spam the page with other beats that didnt use the sample. they should be banned and not allowed to come back ever, post a sticky on the beat battle forum along with a picture of their avatar lol

#72 beatfux

beatfux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:beats, music, perfiktion, people, computers

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

cheesus did i make this rock rolling? haha, cool down everyone come on..

first off:
this: "If You don't vote and you submitted a beat, that person should NOT be able to participate in the next 1 or 2 battles, blocked out." is by far the most stupid suggestion i've ever heard in this message board. i'm sorry grillzoutdamouth but are you serious?

as enzo said, people really do (and should) have bigger problems than fighting against everyday life to place a vote every week. if it does not work out, it doesn't. it's so okay man.
the best rule we need is the one we already have: if you submit a beat but are not able to vote, votes for your beat don't count and if you should win, the runner-up gets to choose a sample instead. that's it. it's not meant personal, it's not to spread hate but it's fair and the least stressful way of dealing with it. and still you will keep the fame and dopeness for your beat, even if you didn't win by the rules. done.

the spam thing is another chapter but i think we're also doing good here. no one has any disadvantages if some non-battle-related tracks show up. i know it's annoying like what but as long as we're not really FILLED with spam we should all give a warm open-minded fuck about it.

as for the voting time problem i brought up in the beginning: any suggestions? complaints? thoughts? self made cookies?

have a nice sunday folks!

#73 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

okay grillz - let's set this record straight:

http://www.stonesthr...tats&do=leaders
these are the moderators on the stmb ! I AM A ADVANCED mEMBER!

I don'T know what the effects of "advanced" mean but I know, that means I can't delete posts - for example!

-->'O. K. gratulation you got the right to complain - when it's a fact. Then complaining is easy - but if you don't make suggestions how to handle the problems - complaining itself doesn't really lead to new results!

So grillz tell me how to organize this? how should we do it? tell me!

And when it come down to my RESPONSIBILITY - if somebody post two beats or somthing - i write a p.m. - or when it's a none battleing beat I delete it (but I don'T seek it the whole damn day) and stuff like that - so half of the things I do is not public - AND YOU CANNOT SEE WHEN I DELETE TRACKS ON SOUNDCLOUD!

so how you wanna give a perspective on the things I do - when you are here for 3 weeks and don'T even know how I handle things?

but to calm it down: WE COULD have a POLL! 2 weeks of time- peepz could descide in a democratic way if we wanna block peepz (then we would still have to resolve who should block em and how)

or: we could do t the ancient hip hop way and battle it out! 2 teams the PUNISHMENT-Team :angry: vs. the KEEPITASITIS-Team :blink:! wo gets more VOTEs descides.hahahaahaaa!"!!!

thanks to everybody who cares about it! discussion keeps thigs in motion!

#74 daikumo

daikumo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/daikumo

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

don't block people ! it's useless, the only thing to do is probably to keep on doing things like before. The ones who don't vote are the only loosers.

#75 emil der beatdetektiv

emil der beatdetektiv

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

haha, funny, what is all this about? are there people who partiscipate on that battle only to win? there is nothing to win here, its only for fun. we should all have fun and be nice to each other.
i cant listen to all the beats cause i really got more importent stuff to do. if anybody want to blame me because of that, because me, having a job, and wants me to not participate any more, ok, then i'm out. but why should anyone want that? Everybody should participate to have fun and listen to what other people do. i don't think the main part of this should be finding the winner. i wouldnt even care if somebody cheats to win, cause i do not even care who wins, cause the winner do not even got any benefits, besides chosing the next sample.
we should all do this cause we love to make music and share that love.
maybe some people overrate this battle. u aint gettin any record deal here.
I really appreciate the people who are hosting the battle.
I think u guys are making the right descisions.
if i shouldnt particpate any more cause i do not vote, just let me know.

peace

#76 Ol' Reliable

Ol' Reliable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/oktobar

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

fuck. this shit is going too fast... i miss vote... damn wtf happend rly too fast...

or my life is too slow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users