I'd like to start making tracks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarkstarEndo

DarkstarEndo

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, hip hop, music, art, cannabis, personal computers, nature.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

I listen mostly to hip hop and I'd like to start making tracks. I got the free trial of FL Studio 9 and made some using the drum kits at first, and then using the FPC drum pad plug-in, more recently. The FPC is supposedly similar in design to the Akai MPC.

Should I buy FL Studio 9 and use this plug-in for my drum tracks? FL Studio 9 has a lot of other plug-ins, also, such as synthesizers.

The only instrument I've played before is acoustic and electric guitar, so all this electronic equipment is new to me but I'm trying to learn.

#2 es-k

es-k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

beat making can be accomplished many ways....

everyone will recommend their fav. way of doing things

i'd say the smartest thing to do is just keep messing around.. what you'll realize is there is no "ONE" answer for any of your questions
  • DarkstarEndo likes this

#3 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:19 AM

get some equipment tips off people and then just do your own thing , as mentioned above me just keep messing around for fun
  • DarkstarEndo likes this

#4 DarkstarEndo

DarkstarEndo

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, hip hop, music, art, cannabis, personal computers, nature.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks. The FPC plug-in is quite nice. I'll use it for now and try to learn more, like you all said. I was hoping someone has tried the same plug-in and could have some information.

I've posted a few tracks here. http://swift.fm/#!/RayMacKinnon/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users