"follow your heart, yo!"

#3 MileHighBeats

MileHighBeats

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Music, Traveling, Food

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

real dope to hear him talk about the madvilliany process and working with madib...

#4 daftpheonix

daftpheonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

LOVE when the interviewer asks about Geedorah
Interviewer: What physical from would Geedorah take then, is he human, human like or something else?

DOOM: Nah, Geedorah's straight reptillian....Like he would be like a 300-ft...you know....3-headed dragon..golden

LOL!

#5 Guest_Conner_*

Guest_Conner_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Thank you

#6 rokwell

rokwell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

made my day. On another note I was trying to purchase that 7 inch single "Dime Box" what is up with the HIGH shipping charges?

#7 Honor Basquiat

Honor Basquiat

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Interview was fun to watch and great to hear from Doom, but from such a long interview, I would have expected to hear questions like what are his favorite songs he's recorded, how frequently does he record, who is he working with in the future, release dates, etc.

#8 zmister

zmister

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

Yo get REAL! That is not the doom!! I have all his shit on vinyl! The doom is all impostors! Check his voice............

#9 ST Bot

ST Bot

STMB Official

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

made my day. On another note I was trying to purchase that 7 inch single "Dime Box" what is up with the HIGH shipping charges?

rokwell, the cost of shipping is the US postal service's price based on the weight of the item: box, puzzle, record. we don't pad shipping charges or "handling" fees.

#10 rokwell

rokwell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

word up Thank you for the reply...What if I scoop up the product somewhere I live in LA...Saves me on shipping :P

#11 Majin-Majuub

Majin-Majuub

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

wonderful video, much free air flow of intuition being blessed and passed by the god.
I notice how Doom uses his Brotha Voodoo jerrico drumm holy spirit exchange, to help with the channeling.
Blessed be upon doom in any further problems marvel comics drop through with doom and scarlet witch getting married, it is desitny,

Muhahahah

Muur

Moor

YEsssssssSS$$$$
  • zmister and Majin-Majuub like this

#12 Zinc

Zinc

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

As I said in the other thread, he was just asked the same questions he's been asked in almost every single interview he's done over the past decade-ish. Who is Geedorah? It's 2011, buy the fucking LP.

#13 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

Yeah I tend to agree, while it was nice to see a 1.5 hour interview with the villain, everything was so surface-y I couldn't help but be disappointed. if I wasn't already well-versed in DOOM it may have been better, but to ask stuff like who is viktor vaughn and not go any deeper than his one sentence response...disappointing. Cool to hear him speak on his process, meeting up with Madlib, etc. but too much time wasted listening to snippets from songs and not enough hard hitting questions (why does he not address the dozens of promised future projects we have yet to hear/see anything about?! how could you miss that??)

#14 crimeinchoir1

crimeinchoir1

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

this guy is just reading doom his life story back to him, awk

#15 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

I love how Chairman Mao is being referred to as 'this guy'. Dude is a legend when it comes to hip hop journalism. Break your google machines out and learn your history.

#16 zmister

zmister

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

yo best learn history lest u repeat it!! Word up from my real brothas!! Keep it poppin off the top off with them glocks off get yo rocks off!!

#17 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

haha man it wouldn't matter if chairman mao won the pulitzer prize, the interview was dry imo. clearly he had read his DOOM bio, clearly he is a fan of the work, but it wasn't the Frost/Nixon interview i'm always waiting for from DOOM.

what did you think of it sunny?

#18 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

what did you think of it sunny?

I've yet to watch it. I'm sure not everyone who is even attending the academy knows Dumile and his story; so I'm not that surprised that the interview was kind of 'basic'. As lovers of everything DOOM we sometimes have to bite our lips when he appears in public because, we like to think that, we already know everything there is to know about the legend. I'll check it out in the next couple days hopefully before they take it down.

#19 Mowgli

Mowgli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

kanye and doom, lol

#20 Guest_Conner_*

Guest_Conner_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

I really wished someone would have asked him about Count Bass D.

#21 rokwell

rokwell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

or Mr Fantastik.

#22 Zinc

Zinc

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I've yet to watch it. I'm sure not everyone who is even attending the academy knows Dumile and his story; so I'm not that surprised that the interview was kind of 'basic'. As lovers of everything DOOM we sometimes have to bite our lips when he appears in public because, we like to think that, we already know everything there is to know about the legend. I'll check it out in the next couple days hopefully before they take it down.

In such a long interview I expected some questions that would establish the basic background on DOOM and his various projects as an introduction, then I'd expect some questions that haven't been asked over and over in every interview he has done. Honestly, almost nothing new from over an hour and a half of questioning is pretty disappointing. Nice atmosphere and pace, just a missed opportunity in my eyes, especially when you consider how often he does interviews and the lack of information fans have been given over the past few years.

#23 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Maybe Chairman Mao was prompted on what he could and could not ask before the interview. DOOM likes to keep it mysterious so maybe that's what it was about.

#24 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Maybe Chairman Mao was prompted on what he could and could not ask before the interview. DOOM likes to keep it mysterious so maybe that's what it was about.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. If I remember correctly there was an article written a while back where the author was allowed to send DOOM questions via e-mail and I think DOOM picked the ones he wanted to address.

#25 LuvBunz

LuvBunz

the funk goes on.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Interests:butts + baby oil

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

there was an article written a while back where the author was allowed to send DOOM questions via e-mail and I think DOOM picked the ones he wanted to address.

this.

#26 Vilens

Vilens

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

very possible. especially considering madvillain 2 was the elephant in the room and it wasn't even brought to the table until the first fan got a question.

(PS: screw that guy that asked three questions)

#27 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted Today, 06:46 PM

bump

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mf doom, doom, doom interview

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users