#1 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

THIS IS NOT A "WHICH ONE IS BETTER THREAD"

I just wanted to know what you guys think are significant differences between these 2 machines. I used to have the 3000 but sampling was a real pain on that thing so I decided to pick up a 2000 XL since it has more features and graphic wave sampling. I still havent received the unit but i hope to get it in by next week.

I hear a lot of people saying that the sound is different, that 3k is punchier and 2k is a little more tight and crisp.... Im guessing that shit is just out of the box cause I can run any source through a nice DI and Mic Pre (API,Shadow Hills, Radial,etc.) and get a real punchy feel with a smooth low end. Which ill probably do anyways cause I would never record the unbalanced signal directly into my interface unless it can handle high impedance instrument levels and convert them to balanced

So which one do you guys like better (for you personally in your set up)? what are some differences that set them apart for you guys? and do you guys have your MPC's set up to run through a DI > Mic Pre > AD converter into your computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users