49 replies to this topic

#31 Cough

Cough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/cough

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

Its crazy I can hardly get anyone to listen to my beat. But the usual top winners seem to get flocks of people every week to check out their beats. i know my beat wasnt that crappy. I guess i am not in the in crowd with this battle.

Yep... I would give this advice... this is the Stones Throw Board... and Madlib is the premier producer on the label.. so I think the closer u are to that vibe the more people gravitate to you...

2nd... by late Monday is the best day to post... going thru 4 pages of beats is a task... even tho I go thru EVERY track... I can see why cats would get lazy

3rd ... make ur self hot.. "if your not cheating, your not trying" ........download your own track.. have your friends "favorite", comment & download your track... I can't lie, when I see a track DL'd, favorited & commented on I might gravitate to that track more... & comments will get you comments

4th ....and most important ... it comes down to talent at the end of the day... hope this helps

#32 buttaslick

buttaslick

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Interests:if they know the sample i`ve failed
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/ buttaslick

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

This is like my 10th battle and I've only gotten one vote ever! Whatever sometimes I feel like I should get a little more love, but it is what it is man. It makes me try and be better and realize what Im doing wrong. Im not exactly hip-hop to the bone so its no surprise really. I agree with what Uppr and Butta said. In the end I make music cuz I get something out of it and couldn't care less if I never get another vote. I will still keep trying cuz it's fun no matter what.

Man you only got one vote damn i really enjoy your work thats strange you do hiphop a solid every battle hhmmmm But this is for the group really listen to these guys thats the only thing i can say i dont make music for the masses but i do make it for yall to bump and zone out to as im sure we all do there are alot more beats to go and listen to so its abit ruff but everyone here should get your listen if only once and if you`re here for votes or to gain fans for your face book page that might not happen we hiphop over here and we keep it hiphop so if it aint right that one mans word hiphop is larger then 1 set of ears long things short we do it for the love so let show love and you`ll get that back we hiphop fam no matter what keep it hiphop
  • upprhand and Cough like this

#33 Mortimer Finklehouser

Mortimer Finklehouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/mortimer-finklehouser

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Man you only got one vote damn i really enjoy your work thats strange you do hiphop a solid every battle hhmmmm But this is for the group really listen to these guys thats the only thing i can say i dont make music for the masses but i do make it for yall to bump and zone out to as im sure we all do there are alot more beats to go and listen to so its abit ruff but everyone here should get your listen if only once and if you`re here for votes or to gain fans for your face book page that might not happen we hiphop over here and we keep it hiphop so if it aint right that one mans word hiphop is larger then 1 set of ears long things short we do it for the love so let show love and you`ll get that back we hiphop fam no matter what keep it hiphop

All I gotta say in the end is I enjoy each and every battle even if I don't get a mention let alone a vote. I respect all the producers up here and every person that has won deserves it. I gotta step up my game if I wanna win, its that simple. Also thanks ButtaSlick.

#34 Alphanote

Alphanote

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

1. Mellow, that shit was hilarious.

2. Thank you to everyone who commented, listened and voted for me.

3. I'm using numbered bulletins because I think it makes my sentences mean more.

4. I've been in this beat battle thing for a minute under different names (maestro, speakeasy), #118 I broke in by flipping "My Paisley Window Pane" and have missed maybe only a dozen battles since. Little did I know I can't count and that was the sample from two weeks prior. I've won outright I think twice, split once with Butta. There are people who come correct each and every week and don't win, got skills and don't win, got the best mix and don't win. There's weeks when I'm like, "My flip is sick!" or "Everyone is killing this sample better than me!". Winning is great but learning, getting feedback and hearing new styles keeps me doing this.

5. Now, for my runners up: Jones FoSho, Jams Beats, Jondis, miRss, Beast, Marknroll, Mortimer Finklehouser

6. Felix, that groove is timeless.
  • upprhand likes this

#35 Olos88

Olos88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

JAMS BEATS

#36 jonesfosho

jonesfosho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

edit.-fucked it up while replying

#37 jonesfosho

jonesfosho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

sorry i didnt have the chance to drop a few comments, but i listened to all of them while doin other stuff, and relistened again to track down favs, speaking of which

jams beats (no surprise, beat is dope)
S. F. T. (fx a bit too high in the mix but pure dopery)
Analog Burners
markandroll (fun-o-rama)
Alphanote (sick, wishing you had expanded the idea from the first part)
aReOu (sth wierd going on with the bass, enjoying the flip tho)
enzoeyeris (electrodirtfunk)
S. F. T.
MellowYouth (unexpected and rev'd to the max, that reverb is BEAUTIFUL)

peace

#38 dirty porcelain

dirty porcelain

Rookie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

beatinyo
Jondis
K-Dash
Mortimer Finklehouser
Alex Ason
Buttaslick
Johntae Genesis
Doulmondo
AreOu******!
EnzoEyeris
King-David
Beast
S.F.T
Jones Fo-Sho Battlebeats

#39 Ƀ ℮ a s T

Ƀ ℮ a s T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Making music, art, all that jazz.
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beast-1

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

Really enjoyed this week.

Johntae Genesis
Alphanote
markandroll
King_David
constrobuz
Jones FoSho

And anyone bummed about votes, don't even worry. Like upprhand said, it's about the collab, we're a group of producers that all individually have mad talent. i can count on one hand the number of votes I've gotten. But that doesn't change anything, I've been able to expand my sound, get tips from suuper dope people, and just network. Granted I'd want more recognition but I'm really in it for the fun of it. Everytime I see my name mentioned in a list I know I'm that much closer. My sound is getting that much better. You should hear my older shit lol.
Oh and download my beattape.
had to plug it lol

#40 upprhand

upprhand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/upprhand

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

I second alphanote, and say that shit you said Mellow, outright too funny. I guess it takes a certain type of humor to understant the true halarity in your placement of the out of place. classic. and yea, butta i feel you. but who ever was sayin something bout cheating, that wont get u anywhere in here either. no one cares bout these votes. its the community that is here, and the feedback we all share thats why we here. for some of yall its just looked at as a tool to get plays or you think youll blow up from soundcloud hits. its all just senseless numbers. just cuz someone doesnt comment, doesnt mean they dont like your track. i dont comment sometimes just cuz im not signed in and just want to listen. im sure its the same for others. ANd then theres the other kats like myself who enjoy meeting and making homies with heads like them. If you want to talk bout music, gear, a beat, mcin', get at me. Theres alot of us that live hiphop, breathe it, and interpret everything hiphop so to speak. theres plenty of heads that network, make tracks together and so on, so for plenty of us look at this like fam. But that doesnt get our votes even....
So to my previous statement and what butta said, if its dope, it gets heard. thats all that matters in here. GO sjoin some other group to get signed or get meaningless votes if that what you want, I garrauntee you that theres no other beat battle with as fine a quality as STBB so go ahead if you want to cry bout votes or cheat. Everybody in here dope! peace!

#41 Areou

Areou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:....well yes music
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/areou

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

sorry guys...you know I love being part of this community ya'll are all real supportive and creative and this is just a great fostering environment sorry that I am late with the vote lost track of the week....
moxatron....ummmmm tasty
AK!li
Jones fo sho!!!!
enzo
Johntae Genesis
Jondis!!..!!,,,,

because my vote doesn't count I will not vote....but it would have been one of those guys

as always thanks for the listens comments votes and mentions.......

For the Beats is why we....try to filter our souls through chopped samples of gold....

#42 Beatinyo

Beatinyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatinyo

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:10 AM

damn sorry guys i missed voting again.. had no time to listen to all beats.. try to get the time for voting every week but this time i missed .. sry again

#43 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:my team: perfiktion (together with BEATFUX)
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

ok. listne to this... your soundcloud-feedback has nothing to do with the quality of your beat!
I wanted to make a joke and vote for beatfux... he didn'T drop this week but - earns votes everytime... but don't know if this is the kind of humor that is understood when u take things this seriously...

now we come to the point of this thread:

our votes!

JAMs BEATS

ps: pope benedict got 16 votes - but he used synths... but big names don't get a special treatment in here!

Attached Files

#44 jonesfosho

jonesfosho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

if sbody came around for votes/fame, this is not your place.

i'm just here for sharpening my knives, hanging out with other beatmakers, listening to dope music, different takes on the same sample... anybody thats been on more than 3 online beat battles knows its not about winning or grabbin votes, but about enjoying it.

guys who have a bigger "fanbase" will get more plays and comments. helps as well if you post your bbattle tracks on your main account. but with your perspective you'll never realise what cats already know, that most commented/fav'd tracks don't have to be the best ones!

it is interesting to see people i now "know" participating here every week... you kinda get to know their sign style, and if you like their style you are prone to enjoy their flips... you are listening to the whole bunch without looking at titles.. and suddenly an enzo/oso/mellow/alphanote/jondis/whoever flip pops up and youre like.. "lemme guess this one! ha!"

so... dont get picky about all that shit man.

#45 jonesfosho

jonesfosho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

pope benedict got 16 votes - but he used synths... b

damn cheater we already told him organ n harpsichord were not already enough but he kept on using synths...

congrats jams beats btw

#46 jams beats

jams beats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

OUUUUU SNAP!!
THANKS FOR THE VOTES!

This really gives me a new boost.
i almost lost my intrest of making music a while ago but when my homie BEATS FOR FOOD mentioned this group
i thought i will never have the skills to compete with u guys..
made a few beats and i was actually really surprised how my skills just improved... so i wanna thank this whole group for finding my inspiration again.
thanks y'all!
peace!

I
  • Cough likes this

#47 delowdott

delowdott

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

JAMS BEATS

#48 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

damn i always forget theres only 2 days to vote lol. woulda voted for sft though.

#49 1instrument

1instrument

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:guns, food, helicopters, candy, polo

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

S.F.T.
So many good ones tho.

#50 JohntaeG

JohntaeG

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Im way late on this too much fire for me to even list.. Everyone Keep doing your thing and never get discouraged.This is a weekly thing. People have different tastes in music so you cant please everyone and it would be foolish to even try just to get a vote. just do you.

PS. I really dont think madlib would even have time or interest in checking these beat battles out. He hates computers. lol

Jondis
constrobuz
Beatinyo
Deadmaurader

the one who woulda got my vote woulda been
Ak!li

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users