Photo

A secret ingredient to Pete Marriott's sound!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That's right you guessed it, vintage production gear used in conjunction with FL Studio! j/k ;)
http://www.image-lin...e=pete-marriott

#2 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

That's what's up homie! Damn... B)

#3 Tankload Productions

Tankload Productions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music = Life
  • Soundcloud:/tankloadproductions

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

I don't understand why Fruity loops gets such a bad rap. It's a great beginner's tool to get you in the door to beat making. It's really solid and doesn't demand too much from your PC. I been with Fruity Loops since the beginning and it hasn't done me wrong... kudos to Pete for keeping it real...

#4 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

The Champ is Here!

#5 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

I don't understand why Fruity loops gets such a bad rap. It's a great beginner's tool to get you in the door to beat making. It's really solid and doesn't demand too much from your PC. I been with Fruity Loops since the beginning and it hasn't done me wrong... kudos to Pete for keeping it real...

Much appreciated Fam! FL Studio is only bad mouthed by those who are either offended by the original name or hardware purists or Pro Tools loyalist who fail to realize that FL Studio is just as advanced if not more intuitive. I've been producing records since I was 15 years old and recorded and mixed on everything from analog tape to digital tape to DAW's and used nearly every hardware drum machine, sampler and synth at some point in my 24 years as a professional record producer and please don't get me started on all the outboard gear I've ran through in my life.

Music technology is to be embraced, not shunned. That's why I pay no mind to the gross ignorance of others. Just do what you believe in, don't bite no one's style and use whatever you feel like using to make your music and you'll be alright. Forget these haters man. Ignorant hateful cats went out of their way to put me down and slander my name on the internet saying things like I have no right to be making records at my age, or claim my music sucks because I don't make copycat music like certain people do and all sorts of madness and look what happened, my single went to the #1 position on the college radio charts, I got a few endorsement deals and corporate sponsorships are on the table, these haters favorite artists are hitting up my managers requesting to work with me and I'm being courted by several labels who want to sign me or hire me to do remixes or produce new artists on their rosters.

I proudly use FL Studio because it's a professional grade production tool that more than get's the job done. It's only the people who don't know how to use it right that make stupid complaints and comments about it. If you're a professional, then you should be able to make good music with anything. Give me a rock, a leaf and a twig and I'll make a dope beat with them. It's not about what you use it's about you, your talent, your musical knowledge and your creativity. If you have no creativity or the passion to constantly explore music then you have no business trying to get into the profession of music.

I don't need to study Pete Rock, RZA, Premo, Dilla or Madlib because I don't want to sound like none of those guys. I want to study Roy Ayers, Eddie Hazel, Charles Mingus, George Duke, Eric Gale, Patrice Rushen, Dorthy Ashby, Wes Montgomery, Ron Carter, Freddie Hubbard and Lonnie Liston Smith. Hip Hop music production is so much deeper than just sampling and making a beat I can go on for days on that topic alone. But yeah man, FL Studio is the truth!

#6 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

The Champ is Here!

Thanks Dawhud!

I prefer this link tho'

0 user(s) are reading this topic