10 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

what do you guys think of this hardware/software combo?

is there anyone on these boards who uses one?

it seems fairly interesting to me, but im guessing that the maschine hardware itself is more of an MPD or MIDI controller, but I may be wrong, can it be used stand alone?

I just thought it was a little interesting to at least try it out and see how it is, I used to put it down and avoid it but now I just really want to se it's capabilities.
Does this have any on board effects? or can you use effects plug ins or TDM wav plug ins from pro tools with the maschine?

It looks real easy to chop shit up too, but how the hell do you sample records?
Im guessing you would need an audio interface cause ths thing doesnt even have any inputs.

#2 midnightmarauders

midnightmarauders

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

dude are you tired of the mpc 3000 already????? :D

Edit : just read the tune-up post I doubt i'd be able to afford it but id be intrested in the final product good luck man

#3 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

dude are you tired of the mpc 3000 already????? :D

Edit : just read the tune-up post I doubt i'd be able to afford it but id be intrested in the final product good luck man

lol, no im not tired of the MPC it's just that I cant even use it to begin with XD
the pads and sensors have gone to shit, they are double triggering.

since you read the tune-up post then you know what i'll be doing with it then :D

I'll probably keep the MPC 3K if I really like it and the workflow, but so far... it seems like it has a pretty steep learning curve and I just love to get in and make beats on the fly, the SP workflow gives me that so if I dont gt used to MPC workflow I will sell the upgraded MPC 3K and switch back to SP-404/555 or get the maschine.

But yes I do tend to get tired of using same piece gear very quickly, I love to get my hands on every piece of gear possible and fuck around with it for as long as I can, then I sell it and move on to the next thing.

#4 jay-be

jay-be

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:music is cool

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

Learn to get comfortable on an mpc. Youll thank yourself later. And get them pads cleaned son!

#5 midnightmarauders

midnightmarauders

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

cool man the 3000 is what thes one uses hes one of my favourite producers, its a hell of a tool but so is pretty much anything when you know what your doing with it. I just bought a sp 404 its my first purchase so im still getting to grips with it and trying to learn a thing or 2. Just got to win the lottery and splash out on gear and some tasty records :D .

#6 OBEY!

OBEY!

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:45 AM

i have a maschine and i must say it's really comfortable to use. the main difference to a mpc is that it is tied together with your pc, which won't make a difference if you just use it at home anyways (never seen dudes sitting in the park with an mp, just saying).

yes it has effects built in with it, but you can use any plug-in or vst if you like.. i personally don't use pro-tools, but you can get your maschine stuff per drag-n-drop into pro-tools, just like that.

sampling can happen via the mic-in on your pc, the maschine itself only has a midi in / midi out interface. sometimes i just record vinyl to my pc and convert it to a WAV, this is also movable into the maschine directly per drag-n-drop.

if you're not quite sure about it just hit up youtube for some vids, quite alot of people are using it nowadays (especially check out this dude: http://www.youtube.c...er/KnockSquared will answer a lot of your maschine questions)....

hope this helps.

#7 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

there's a discussion about maschine on sp-forums with dibiase chiming in: http://sp-forums.com...php?f=4&t=10405
apparently you can start a beat in the mpc, then import it to the maschine and continue it in there.

#8 iammzac

iammzac

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:19 AM

I have a Maschine, it's pretty sweet. Never used an MPC though.. went with Maschine over it.

All these beats were made in it in Feb:

#9 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

there's a discussion about maschine on sp-forums with dibiase chiming in: http://sp-forums.com...php?f=4&t=10405
apparently you can start a beat in the mpc, then import it to the maschine and continue it in there.

good shit here, just copped the maschine, I love it so far

I have a Maschine, it's pretty sweet. Never used an MPC though.. went with Maschine over it.

All these beats were made in it in Feb:

nice!!!

#10 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

LOL Damn u stay buying new equipment, bruh! Wish I had that money tree you got

#11 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

LOL Damn u stay buying new equipment, bruh! Wish I had that money tree you got

hahaha, well, I make my money by buying and then usually repairing or adding something to the equipment I get, so I sell it for higher price and make a profit. And with the profit I buy new gear, sometimes I just sell it for a higher price though, like I bought my SP-555 for $250 and sold it off for $500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users