No replies to this topic

#1 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hey guys, I recently copped an MPC 3000, it's in fairly bad condition. pad sensors need to be replaced, as well as the pads and a few buttons. And all of the buttons need a special chemical treatment to get the yellow of them.

Im gonna be replacing all of these things myself, and I may also design some custom wooden panels for the side of the MPC 3000 since you cant buy the wooden panels anywhere. I'm just gonna go to lowest and pick up some nice wood to customize the sides and give the MPC some class.

I'll probably post pics and vids up on youtube to show anyone who is interested how it is I got around to doing this. I'll show how you open the case, take out the buttons and pads/pad sensors, replace the buttons and the sides, etc. I may even (depends on price) max out the memory on this thing and get the upgraded OS chips as well as install a Compact Flash drive (if it doesnt get to complicated).

so ill post up another thread soon with all the vids and pics showing you guys how I took this thing apart and replaced everything, a little before and after, cause I notice that tutorial vids for the MPC 3K are virtually non-existant. I could only find maybe one or 2 videos and they dont go into much detail. I will go through every detail while being as elaborate as possible. So just letting you guys know for anyone who is interested, I am a bit of a gear junkie and have some experience doing this stuff on other machines and on the MPC 3K it seems pretty straight forward, there are no hidden cords or parts, everything is visible which makes it fairly easy to get in there and fuck around.

Also, I will most likely be selling this MPC after I do all the upgrades to it cause I need the money for school, so if anyone is interested then hit me up. Like I said i'll be putting this thing up to date, so you wont have to do anything to it. Just plug and play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users