#1741 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:53 PM

http://uk.complex.co...riting-lyricism

Just an interview where Q-Tip mentions DOOM as an artist.

Nothing in this but was interesting for me, as I have said in the past that I think Tip is this 'New York producer, and it's not Premo' that DOOM says he is making an album with.

#1742 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted Today, 07:00 AM

Thoughts: I've been thinking about Kamal quite a bit lately. When he was first mentioned here as s complementary producer to DOOM the thought seemed gross because of his mass of girly joints.
Now it seems a decent scenario as the two are from a similar school and it is enjoyable to get that KMD DOOM that is like a ghost that has never left. I'd love to hear DOOM ridicule the state of modern humanity bringing hip-hop back to the CLASSroom. But, who knows-maybe he's amassed toouch fortune to care, anymore about unleashing a villainous attack upon the ugliness of society.

I don't want to dredge up the past, but it was just last night that a biracial friend quoted the illest jam on Midnight Marauders to express his sadness at what was going on with the world. Then I realized that Qtip likely produced the cut which schematically is different than and more innovative than any song that came after it...

Its strange to hear Qtip discuss hip hop at this point bc all he makes is pop music. I've heard him on two "house/pop projects", but no hip hop since Reneissance which didn't do anything for me, personally.

Qtip, instead of letting the music speak for itself tries hard to legitimize hip hop particularly terrible non-NY stuff, which makes me wonder about those old rumors about him being a bit-we'll just say "sensitive".

The writer for Complex is terrible by the way. It sounds worse than bubble gum magazines from the old days.

#1743 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted Today, 01:06 PM

lol at kickstarter fund for next de la album tho

#1744 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted Today, 01:25 PM

That they went that route says an awful lot avout the state of the music labels and the palate of the current hip-hop fan. Funny how what they were speaking about is the exact opposite if what current "rappers" are into. If ever a band had immortal records that were a crossover-it was them. Posdanous verses were more than mere poetry as they told stories. Somehow, it feels that they too were bamboozled along the way.

#1745 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted Today, 02:15 PM

DOOM cancelled his appearance at that Vanguard festival due to illness. Says his doctor strongly advised against traveling, lol

#1746 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted Today, 02:35 PM

is it like a,2 hr flight to amsterdam from his location? Maybe he is really ill.

#1747 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted Today, 07:26 PM

this isn't the first time this has happened. there must be some clause in DOOM's contracts that stipulates he'll get paid anyway if he has to cancel for a medical reason.

#1748 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted Today, 07:45 PM

Doubt it. He may recieve some kind of money up front-but, no way he is paid to call in sick for a festival.

#1749 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted Today, 08:09 PM

^ it was pretty much a joke bud

#1750 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted Today, 08:11 PM

I got you. Sorry I have like a split personality thing going. even when Id smoke up-contract negotiation man took over. Very cut and dry lifestyle. I could have a reading form of aspbergers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users