• Please log in to reply
936 replies to this topic

#931 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

i had downloaded "ATHF" off of Danger DOOM after watching the music video back in '05, before i even realized who DOOM was.  i had always known that one track, and knew his voice from that song and that giraffe he played on Perfect Hair Forever, 5 whole years before i was smart enough to put two and two together and realize that Madvillainy was a thing that existed...so i've always had a weird relationship with that DD album.

#932 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

As for the Danger Mouse collab, I'd like to hear more like 'November Has Come' from Demon Days. DOOM's voice fit so nicely over that beat it was a perfect collabo.

Yeah, another Danger Mouse/DOOM collaboration without any AS stuff would be awesome. Also random note, November Has Come was my intro to DOOM>Madlib>Stones Throw, etc

#933 nervous

nervous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 PM

First time hearing any love for Dangerdoom around here…most dudes just bag it.

• GC90 likes this

#934 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Yeah that's what I've always seen and heard whenever I tell people I dig that record. Still don't know why people dislike that record so much. One person I talked to was all pissy and saying that's when Doom "sold out" etc

#935 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 PM

MF Grimm also did that one track against Doom because of the MIC reference on Danger Doom

#936 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted Today, 01:06 AM

I find it hard to bag the album after hearing MF DOOM go the fuck in on Bada Bing.

• SwampThing likes this

#937 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted Today, 01:18 AM

I find it hard to bag the album after hearing MF DOOM go the fuck in on Bada Bing.

Bada Bing is maybe the hardest cut on the album. Or Crosshairs.

And the skits, well honestly you had to be in this real specific window of the venn diagram I think, of being a fan of adult swim circa 2001-2005, and also being a DOOM fan at the time, for that stuff to resonate. Looking back it's not gonna age well for people outside that window. I mean what does Brak even mean or stand for anymore? nothing. But if you watched Spaceghost or ATHF or Harvey Birdman back then, it's a weird little time capsule. And El Chupa Nibre is a futurama reference, and yet there's no futurama samples. but there's that little clip of lois from family guy saying go fuck yourself. odd.

• Jurmainson likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users